PGP - Celebrating Thanksgiving - who's stuffing the turkey??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
babydrums.gif

Hi BG :hug: I'm fine but reluctant to even go out the door tomorrow! :tsk: :down:

Ok, i will prob sound so stupid here, but i'm not really sure what thanksgiving is about :shrug: anyone?

VintagePunk said:
BG!! :hug: How weird! It's a pop-up from another site?

Drea, you poor thing, are you frozen? How much snow did you guys get today??

Baby Larry :drool:

I really dont know what it is :shrug:

I had to delete all the programs yesterday so there's no history it can come from.

The only person i could think of was my mum.....but why would she be looking at U2 tickets? :huh:

werid.

Isn't Baby Larry the cutest thing Ever? :cute:

BG thats weird! :ohmy:

Drea - we're not quite THAT bad, yet :lol: Even if it feels a little like it at the moment :grumpy: we will have to shovel before we can move the car, though :crack:

VintagePunk said:
Hiya Susan! :wave

Sami!! :hug How are you?? I've thought of you today, you sloshing through the wet carpet. I had to bring something in from outside that got snowed on, and my kitchen floor got all wet, and I kept stepping in these little puddles. :grumpy :lol:

hi! :hug: I'm ok.... :lmao: you thought of me :love:
It's still a little damp and smells like mildew :| :yuck: but I don't want to sleep upstairs because there's no computer!! :lol: :reject: I think they are having someone come in tomorrow to pull up the carpet because it's happened a few times and now they're worried about mold :yikes:

how was everyones Thanksgiving? I just finished watching some of the Chicago dvd with my aunt and her fiancee (sp?) :drool:

susanp6 said:
Hi BG :hug: I'm fine but reluctant to even go out the door tomorrow! :tsk: :down:

Ok, i will prob sound so stupid here, but i'm not really sure what thanksgiving is about :shrug: anyone?

Whats wrong susan?

Is it snowing??? :hyper:

I dunno bout thanksgiving either....

Pilgrims
Indians
Thankin for stuff
Eatin turkey.

Thats as far as my knowledge goes :lol:

bono_gal said:

Whats wrong susan?

Is it snowing??? :hyper:

I dunno bout thanksgiving either....

Pilgrims
Indians
Thankin for stuff
Eatin turkey.

Thats as far as my knowledge goes :lol:

it's like when the Pilgrims landed on Plymouth rock and they had a feast with the Indians who taught them how to grow food and stuff. I think :huh: :reject:

susanp6 said:

The Pilgrims set ground at Plymouth Rock on December 11, 1620. Their first winter was devastating. At the beginning of the following fall, they had lost 46 of the original 102 who sailed on the Mayflower. But the harvest of 1621 was a bountiful one. And the remaining colonists decided to celebrate with a feast -- including 91 Indians who had helped the Pilgrims survive their first year. It is believed that the Pilgrims would not have made it through the year without the help of the natives.

Haven't you heard the weather forecast for tomorrow BG?! :ohmy: FREEZING!!!! And yes, snow has been predicted for lots of areas all over Britain :scream: :yikes:

I'm going to wear those smilies out this winter, me thinks!!! :yes:

VintagePunk said:

Drea, you poor thing, are you frozen? How much snow did you guys get today??

Baby Larry :drool:

There was about 3" on the ground when I woke up, and shortly before I left work it started snowing again... not sure how much has fallen now. The little space heater is a couple feet away from my chair and it's on full blast :lol: This whole thing is SO not helping my unmotivatedness-to-pack it's not funny :wink:

susanp6 said:
Maybe she's going to surprise you with a U2 concert abroad BG :sexywink:

pfffffffffffft i wish :lol:

I havent even got a passport! :lmao:

But that would be rather great :heart:

I have to save £400 for my holiday next year.....and thats on the strength that i can go.

No spending money.

Becky. Needs. A. Job.

Now. :wink:

sami0201 said:

hi! :hug: I'm ok.... :lmao: you thought of me :love:
It's still a little damp and smells like mildew :| :yuck but I don't want to sleep upstairs because there's no computer!! :lol: :reject: I think they are having someone come in tomorrow to pull up the carpet because it's happened a few times and now they're worried about mold :yikes

how was everyones Thanksgiving? I just finished watching some of the Chicago dvd with my aunt and her fiancee (sp?) :drool:

I have the same disdain for wet feet that you do. :grumpy:

And it's freakin' freezing in here to begin with!! :scream: :cry:

I'd trade you places (Florida, I mean, not NY) in a second!

You shouldn't be sleeping down there if there's a risk of mold! :yikes:

Last edited:
Cheers for the info SG! :up: That is a very good reason for Thanksgiving! :yes: :D

Sad_Girl said:

The Pilgrims set ground at Plymouth Rock on December 11, 1620. Their first winter was devastating. At the beginning of the following fall, they had lost 46 of the original 102 who sailed on the Mayflower. But the harvest of 1621 was a bountiful one. And the remaining colonists decided to celebrate with a feast -- including 91 Indians who had helped the Pilgrims survive their first year. It is believed that the Pilgrims would not have made it through the year without the help of the natives.

So basically, they had a harvest feast together and that is what we are celebrating on Thanksgiving. :nerd:

Sad_Girl said:

So basically, they had a harvest feast together and that is what we are celebrating on Thanksgiving. :nerd:

And I would assume that that's why ours is earlier, because in general, our harvest is earlier. :yes:

Drea, don't pack tonight!! :yikes: Have a hot chocolate and stay near the heat!

Hot chocolate and feasts :drool: You're all making me hungry&i ate not long ago! :tsk:

VintagePunk said:

Drea, don't pack tonight!! :yikes: Have a hot chocolate and stay near the heat!

Like I said, I'm not exactly motivated to pack right now anyway! :laugh: Considering I move in six days, this is not good ;) The 'rents are taking me furniture shopping that day too - considering where I'm moving to, I think I might actually end up getting them to take me to Ikea :wink: (There's one east of my new place but on the same street)

VintagePunk said:

I have the same disdain for wet feet that you do. :grumpy:

And it's freakin' freezing in here to begin with!! :scream: :cry:

I'd trade you places (Florida, I mean, not NY) in a second!

You shouldn't be sleeping down there if there's a risk of mold! :yikes:

I hate having bare feet in general :angry:

you really think it could be dangerous sleeping down here? :yikes: :sad: I hate sleeping upstairs!! :lol:

did any of you see the new official video for OOTS? it creeped me out- I can't decide if I like it or not :hmm:

sami0201 said:

you really think it could be dangerous sleeping down here? :yikes : : sad: I hate sleeping upstairs!! :lol:

Mold can be very dangerous :yikes:

sami0201 said:

did any of you see the new official video for OOTS? it creeped me out- I can't decide if I like it or not : hmm:

No, I haven't seen it - why did it creep you out? :uhoh:

Drea said:

Like I said, I'm not exactly motivated to pack right now anyway! :laugh: Considering I move in six days, this is not good ;) The 'rents are taking me furniture shopping that day too - considering where I'm moving to, I think I might actually end up getting them to take me to Ikea : wink: (There's one east of my new place but on the same street)

Bonus :up: :wink:

Drea said:

Like I said, I'm not exactly motivated to pack right now anyway! :laugh: Considering I move in six days, this is not good ;) The 'rents are taking me furniture shopping that day too - considering where I'm moving to, I think I might actually end up getting them to take me to Ikea :wink: (There's one east of my new place but on the same street)

Your apartment's not that big, is it? YOu can wait till the night before. :wink:

Sami, where did you see it?? :hyper: Is it animated?? I read something about animation and that song...B said something at one of the shows about an animator and no one was sure if he meant the video, or the screens.

Happy to hear you should have hot water&your heating on tomorrow after work Drea :love: My friend got his water back on hot today too! :hyper:

susanp6 said:
Haven't you heard the weather forecast for tomorrow BG?! :ohmy: FREEZING!!!! And yes, snow has been predicted for lots of areas all over Britain : scream: : yikes:

I'm going to wear those smilies out this winter, me thinks!!! :yes:

I havent seen any news/weather :|

I've been at my old high school tonight for my gcse certificates.....crazy being back there!

So thats why i havent noticed the weather!

Although, i did walk home before....about 2 miles.....and it was reeeeeeeeeeeeeaally cold. I couldnt feel my fingers :|

But snow?? :hyper:

I saw the video on u2.com and u2.com says that it will be on MTV every hour but I put it on at 8:00 and no video :angry: :lol: did I actually expect u2.com to be right? :tsk:

it's partly animated almost Toy Story/Pixar-ish...it's weird :huh: But Bono looks gorgeous in it when they show him in real life

Hurrah for not being able to feel your fingies BG :drool: :|

It was that cold, i looked like that little figure in Wild's smilie with their mouth covered up&i was wearing my new pink hat&gloves :love: :giggle:

Yep, there's meant to be snow coming! :ohmy: Not sure exactly which areas will get it for definite cos you know what they're like at predicting the weather in this country most of the time - way off!! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom