PGP: Brb, gone off to party in Montreal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, loves, I'm out! See many of you tomorrow afternoon!! :hyper: :love: Thinking of those I won't see tomorrow, too! :hug:

Have lots of fun!:hug::hyper: Safe journey!

And Jem , I'm going to investigate , I have to much spare time now.
We are to much alike :lol: Swimming , food, size (or lack there off)

Hola! I'm currently sitting in the Edmonton airport, drinking copious amounts of Timmie's coffee and relaxing. :drool:

My god, this morning was a stress-fest and a HALF! :crack: I was so panicked because I didn't hear my alarm (thankfully I woke up 5 mins later when it went off again). Then I'd left too many things to do this morning, so I was sweating like crazy, even after I had a shower! :lol: The directions to the airport that I had were bad, so I ended up LOST in the middle of nowhere. Fuuuuudge. Thank the good lord for GPS on my phone, as I was able to find my way back to the freeway, and I got to the airport JUST in time. I parked my car, then RAN to the free shuttle (they waited for me, thankfully), and was in the airport with a few minutes to spare before boarding. Ack. I was so stressed out and tired that I slept for my entire first flight. :lol: Now I'm calmed down and am just going to enjoy the rest of my trip.

For those of you already in Montreal, I'll text or BBM you once I've checked in to the hotel, and see if I can meet up with you guys at some point tonight. :D

I can't access the blue crack from my phone (but I have my laptop on right now and am taking advantage of free wi-fi), so texting/BBM'ing is the best way to reach me. I think I have most of your phone numbers...

:hug: for all that aren't coming. We'll miss you!! :hug:

Meh. Looks like most of the crew is hitting the soundboard the first night. I'm a little bummed out since I was hoping I'd get to hang out with some people from the board. maybe have someone watch my spot while I freshened up and spared my husband sitting out all day. I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit stressed about the whole thing now. :crack::crack:

Looks like some people will have nice spots for Friday. The numbering has begun 320 miles from where I am. I will have to plan this better next time around. :sad:

Try not to let it stress you out.

The line started two days early in Chicago, and two friends of mine who were 290 and 291 ended up on back rail in the pit (not their first choice, but obviously still a great spot).

It'll be okay. :)

Looks like some people will have nice spots for Friday. The numbering has begun 320 miles from where I am. I will have to plan this better next time around. :sad:

First of all :hug: x infinity

Best of all you just listen to yourself now, and do what you need to do. Take a rest and maybe meet up with the others to join them at soundboard?
Or just try your luck making your way up front even though you didn't line up early? I got a decent spot in Brussels on Edge's side in the pit even tough I arrived after 5 (went checking the boys at the hotel, hence the lateness.... ) Everything can be possible.

And another :hug: to end. You can run a fecking marathon , so you can def. do this! :hi5:

Yeah, I don't want to be a line jumper, but it's like, I couldn't get there any earlier than I am. I'm happy to get up early the day of the show to do my time in line. It just makes me wish I chose a different show.

Sorry I'm being a Debby Downer. :sad:

I guess I'll just have to try my best and hope that the people that have lower numbers decide to sound board, or that people shift so I can get a decent view. I'd love front rail, but that's not going to happen. Maybe I can get back rail or outer front rail. Cross your fingers and say some prayers.....:pray:

Yeah, I don't want to be a line jumper, but it's like, I couldn't get there any earlier than I am. I'm happy to get up early the day of the show to do my time in line. It just makes me wish I chose a different show.

Sorry I'm being a Debby Downer. :sad:

I didnt line jump, I just neatly shoved in the back of the line. What I mean is that allot of people think the pit is full already or have no clue how to go there. There might be some room left and if not just go soundboard.
I do feel shitty for you since I know how it is the only chance your going to get, so yes absolutely crossing my fingers for you,
GG texted me about the line up mess, 2 days in front is just like... Brazilian madness. (thought they only did that kind of stuff there you know)
She hates it, since she has the same problem as you. It sucks for the people who don't live nearby or can't get there (or are sane enough not to get there) that early.

Same thing happened in Nashville. People who had numbers in the low 190's-200's still wound up on the outer rail. :)

Had that in the first Brussels date, I was #64 , had a spot in the gate,
security opened the gates and the gate I was in, the security didn't check their card scanners and it wasn't working properly,
hundreds of people passed us, all the people who where with me in that gate being crushed. (Including Wild, her hubby, GG and Anji)
Becuase they left our gate closed untill they solved the problem.
People with number 200 and up where in front of me.:huh:
It makes you so pissed off.

All my mid-day friends are away. In honor of the Canadian swing on the tour....

*looks around and clears throat*

YouTube - ‪Celine Dion - All By Myself (Live In Memphis 1997)‬‏

At least you can make us laugh! Class humour there :hug:
So your in GAline now ? That would be diehard.

The 2-days-before thing seems to be a new US trend; I know Chicago started 2 days early (Seattle was just 1 day, thank god). It's really fucking irritating.

GA at the stadiums has enough funky quirks that, while they often end up being problematic to some who waited in line, can end up benefiting those who weren't able to line up as early, or line up at all.

There are also quirks that make things shitty for everyone, but that's just the joy of GA, I guess.

Daz are you still around? I tried sending you a PM but it bounced back because you need to clear space. I was just checking in because I remember you saying you'd like us to try to meet up somewhere while I'm in NY. Anyway, if you can clear a little space there you should have a PM from me. :wave:

I know what you mean. As I got in the car today, I had such a feeling of impending doom. I even stopped about 1/3 mile from my house to make sure I actually put my suitcase in the car. Then I must've checked my passport, boarding pass, and concert tix about 199 times today. Not to mention the panic attacks during take off, landing and general turbulence.

:(
:hug::hug: zu :hug::hug:

SAFE Traveling, Everyone!!!!! :wave: :hyper: :wave: :hug:ssss

domo-kun said:
I didnt line jump, I just neatly shoved in the back of the line. What I mean is that allot of people think the pit is full already or have no clue how to go there. There might be some room left and if not just go soundboard.
I do feel shitty for you since I know how it is the only chance your going to get, so yes absolutely crossing my fingers for you,
GG texted me about the line up mess, 2 days in front is just like... Brazilian madness. (thought they only did that kind of stuff there you know)
She hates it, since she has the same problem as you. It sucks for the people who don't live nearby or can't get there (or are sane enough not to get there) that early.

Had that in the first Brussels date, I was #64 , had a spot in the gate,
security opened the gates and the gate I was in, the security didn't check their card scanners and it wasn't working properly,
hundreds of people passed us, all the people who where with me in that gate being crushed. (Including Wild, her hubby, GG and Anji)
Becuase they left our gate closed untill they solved the problem.
People with number 200 and up where in front of me.:huh:
It makes you so pissed off.

At least you can make us laugh! Class humour there :hug:
So your in GAline now ? That would be diehard.

No. I'm still in Boston. My husband doesn't feel well. That means I have to bring my daughter to my inlaws and come home and pack. Ugh. This is starting to not be fun right now.

The 2-days-before thing seems to be a new US trend; I know Chicago started 2 days early (Seattle was just 1 day, thank god). It's really fucking irritating.

GA at the stadiums has enough funky quirks that, while they often end up being problematic to some who waited in line, can end up benefiting those who weren't able to line up as early, or line up at all.

There are also quirks that make things shitty for everyone, but that's just the joy of GA, I guess.

Agree completely. :up: I'm a firm adherent to the you-want-the-spot-you-do-the-time school of thought. If someone signs up two days before then leaves and is #40, but then someone who didn't know (or wasn't able) to sign in early arrives a few hours before the #40 person is told to check in, and then ends up at, say #100? That's BS.

Also, not every huge U2 fan is a member of an online community, and so they might not know all of this. They arrive at 6 am the morning of expecting a decent spot, and then find out people have been lining up for two days.

It's crazy. If they can get stadium security on board with it, there's not much that can be done, though. Still, it irks me when the stadium explicitly says "no lining up! Numbers will not be honoured!" and yet entitled online fans have their super sekrit lines, and do it anyway.

Bleh. I'll shut up now. :)

Back
Top Bottom