PGP - Bono's popped his cork and sprayed us ....Happy New Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~BrightestStar~ said:

:lol: :cute:!!

Like any of us woulda been any better! lol
I'm still soooo happy you got to meet him like that. :hyper: :cute:

:love: What an incredible day that was! :heart: I can still hardly believe it, and yet I can remember it in vivid detail :happy:

734f16a3.jpg

adamsglasses4.jpg

My playlist:

1) Sister Goldenhair - America
2) Wicked Game - Chris Issak
3) Boys of Summer - Don Henley
4) Fleetwood Mac - Silver Spring
5) Harry Belafonte - Day Oh!
6) Max Webster and Rush - Battlescar
7) Sheryl Crow - I Shall Believe
8) INXS - Need You Tonight
9) Rush - Lakeside Park
10) Rod Stewart - Broken Arrow
11) Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes

VintagePunk said:
My playlist:

10) Rod Stewart - Broken Arrow :heart: :heart: (quite possibly the most romantic song ever written - I should get the lyrics)

You do know that that's not *his* song, right? :wink: Amy Sky's husband Mark Jordan(I think that's the right last name) actually wrote it, and I heard him sing it at the Festival of Friends in Hamilton in *thinks* 2002? 2003? He was performing on stage with her, and she made a joke about Rod Stewart paying their mortgage for the last five years :lol: I liked his version better than Rod Stewart's too...

Drea said:

You do know that that's not *his* song, right? :wink: Amy Sky's husband Mark Jordan(I think that's the right last name) actually wrote it, and I heard him sing it at the Festival of Friends in Hamilton in *thinks* 2002? 2003? He was performing on stage with her, and she made a joke about Rod Stewart paying their mortgage for the last five years :lol: I liked his version better than Rod Stewart's too...

No...actually Robbie Robertson wrote this one. :lol:

You girls have never heard U2's version of paint it black?

I say so seriously while listening to Kermit and Fonzo sing macho man. :lmao:
OMG SWEDISH CHEF!
:lmao:

PS. Jem, Space Jam was a movie with Bugs bunny et all, and Micheal Jordan. And Jock Jam is some of the like cheer music they play before/during a game.

Jem, you'll meet B one day :hug:

Bri, I've never heard it! I've heard Bono say that they used to do it but I didn't know it was recorded!

*Never Tear Us Apart just came on my iTunes :drool:

Diane L said:
Now I've got "Angels" by Robbie Williams on repeat.

I heard Jessica Simpson singing it once...let's just say it's a far different interpretation...

I'm not a huge fan of her music but I have to say that her voice sounded incredible on that song :bow: She has an amazing voice :yes:

Diane L said:
Now I've got "Angels" by Robbie Williams on repeat.

I heard Jessica Simpson singing it once...let's just say it's a far different interpretation...

*SHUDDER* Jessica Simpson should NOT be allowed to cover ANYTHING! Was the song even recognizable when she "sang" it?

Drea said:

*SHUDDER* Jessica Simpson should NOT be allowed to cover ANYTHING! Was the song even recognizable when she "sang" it?

:angry: Of course originals are almost always better, though

you girls should hear, she once dueted with Jewel on Who Will Save Your Soul live, and it was incredible I was like :shocked:

sami0201 said:

I'm not a huge fan of her music but I have to say that her voice sounded incredible on that song :bow: She has an amazing voice :yes:

You know, when I first heard it, I didn't like it at all. But thinking about it, Jessica's version wasn't as bad as I'd thought it was.

Or, maybe I'm feeling more kindly towards her because I've caught up with my tabloid magazine reading the past couple of days. It's too bad she & Nick are breaking up. He seemed to really love her. And her dad seems like a very overbearing person.

~BrightestStar~ said:
You girls have never heard U2's version of paint it black?

no:reject:

PS. Jem, Space Jam was a movie with Bugs bunny et all, and Micheal Jordan. And Jock Jam is some of the like cheer music they play before/during a game.

Oh yeah have heard of movie, think i've seen it once dont remember the Jock Jam bit though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom