PGP: Bono, get yer fine ass in the studio please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shifty:

*has corncob-shaped cornbread*

:drool:

I want cornbread! Shaped like a corncob is just a plus! :drool:

Follow the people fighting back in Wisconsin, ?Ohio, Michigan, Pencilvania 1 or 2 other states in particular:

recall movements re Governors and other people voted in that went SO FAR to the right who are already and potentially hurting so many people that people ARE rebelling!
Yeah, our governor is an IDIOT. He tried to pass a union-busting law and the ppl here voted overwhelmingly to undo it. Now we just need to get the recall option passed so we can pull a Wisconsin and get rid of the idiot! :up:

Yay just in time for a new thread!
4048420383_4926719c10_o.jpg

:

I just made the mmm mmm mmm sound I usually reserve for fried chicken.

^ Corn on the cob :giggle: (comet)

So...
a) i got really wasted last night. Not my finest hour. I felt like total shit this morning and had to pick up one of my students to take him to a monologue competition. I think he guessed what the problem was but was classy enough not to say anything.

b) This kid won FIRST PLACE and won a trip to New York for the National Competition and I get to go with him!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Okay, I'm off to take a much needed nap before heading out to the soccer tournament (Beckham :drool: )

Yay! :hyper:

I want cornbread! Shaped like a corncob is just a plus! :drool:

Yeah, our governor is an IDIOT. He tried to pass a union-busting law and the ppl here voted overwhelmingly to undo it. Now we just need to get the recall option passed so we can pull a Wisconsin and get rid of the idiot! :up:

My mom makes sweet cornbread, and then adds actual corn to it. :drool:

:lol:

Zu, congrats to your student! And smart kid for being wise enough to not comment, either :p.

Thora, oy, that would be irritating. I like your exasperated voice during the clip :lol:. I think the vaccum sounds more like a bunch of angry bees buzzing about, myself.

My mom and I live above our landlords, so we don't have that problem. And we try and pick an appropriate time of day to vaccum our place so we don't wake them. And when they vaccum I very faintly hear it, at best.

Is it wrong that I just ate almost an entire bag of chips? :reject:

No. I've done similar :).

*snerk*

If it's any comfort I got woken up by the crazy wind we've had here most of the day...

It's been windy like mad here today, too! And cold. We've had snow flurries off and on throughout the day.

Then it's supposed to get up to 60 on Tuesday, and then back down to 37 for a high with snow on Wednesday :huh:. Ah, March in Iowa...

lacking something for me so :sexywink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s8InI68tkQ&feature=related

:giggle:

Andrea kissed my cheek once :faint:

Nice! She's so pretty.

Bono needs to kiss mine, then *Nods*. I love that video-how I first developed a crush on Bono :D. Song's beautiful, too.

GG, saw in the last thread your thing about seeing Snow Patrol, glad you had fun!

We have a new tiny carpet/rug sort of thing in our kitchen next to the sink and table and where my cat's food and water dishes sit. My cat is currently sprawled out on it, incredibly fascinated by this new carpeting.

I'm cutting out the same shapes over and over with a utility knife :crack: on paper that stains if I touch it for too long. Seriously cannot wait until color theory is over with, because color aid is buggering evil.

Also working on a weird sculpture y thing made out of matboard for drawing class...it's the conceptual way scissors would look, according to me, but right now it just looks like a bunch of triangles...

/workwhining

^ Corn on the cob :giggle: (comet)

So...
a) i got really wasted last night. Not my finest hour. I felt like total shit this morning and had to pick up one of my students to take him to a monologue competition. I think he guessed what the problem was but was classy enough not to say anything.

b) This kid won FIRST PLACE and won a trip to New York for the National Competition and I get to go with him!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Okay, I'm off to take a much needed nap before heading out to the soccer tournament (Beckham :drool: )

What? :shifty: What about corn on the cob? :shifty:

AWESOME about your student! :ohmy: And you get to go to NY? :ohmy: Soooo jealous. I wanna go back so bad. I loved it there.

:giggle:

And I see that I received something from you I haven't had a chance to look at yet. :shifty:

Thora OMG what time in the morning did they do that? We have next door neighbors that are seriously obsessed with their lawn and do that with mowing. I swear they mow EVERY FRICKING DAY. I've seen them both sitting out in their lawn with like scissors and surgical instruments and junk like that, performing unnatural acts against nature to that grass. Okay I exaggerate. :crack: But only a little.

Thora OMG what time in the morning did they do that? We have next door neighbors that are seriously obsessed with their lawn and do that with mowing. I swear they mow EVERY FRICKING DAY. I've seen them both sitting out in their lawn with like scissors and surgical instruments and junk like that, performing unnatural acts against nature to that grass. Okay I exaggerate. :crack: But only a little.

It was 9:30, so it was technically a respectable hour. But still! I really wanted to sleep in longer than that. :wink:

Your neighbours are crazy! :lol: :crack:

I'm cutting out the same shapes over and over with a utility knife :crack: on paper that stains if I touch it for too long. Seriously cannot wait until color theory is over with, because color aid is buggering evil.

Also working on a weird sculpture y thing made out of matboard for drawing class...it's the conceptual way scissors would look, according to me, but right now it just looks like a bunch of triangles...

/workwhining

That sounds fun and not at all tediously time-consuming :lol:!

I hate it when that happens regarding the sculpture thing. That's how it is with me sometimes too with that art-I know what it's supposed to look like in my head, but is that how it winds up actually appearing in my hands? Nope.

Also, mention of corn on the cob :drool:.

M-A, nope, not fun when it requires bending in half. I'm going to be permanently 90º angle shaped when I'm 40yrs, I fear :crack:

But I'm done with that assignment now, fuck yes!

As for the sculpture thing...ha...I made the silly mistake to paint over the mat board. It was black on one side and white on the other, and I ripped and cut and bent pieces to make the white show, but I thought 'hey, people will think it looks just like mat board, nothing special' when in reality it was all clean and modern and pretty...I painted dark brown and blue and red over the black which just makes it look like I spilled a shitton of paint.

Here's some pictures of my conceptual portrayal of scissors—basically supposed to convey the feeling of sharp/scary (we were supposed to do one realistic piece and one conceptual)

DSC_6316.jpg

DSC_6314.jpg

The paint seeeeriously isn't helping the concept at all

(and hello, Bono-in-the-background-mural!)

LOL, ohhhhh, yeah, that sucks. Constantly having to bend over like that can definitely do a number on your back after a while.

I love the scissor sculpture! It looks like a prop for a future horror movie or something, what with the red coloring and sharp points and such. I think you managed to make it look the way you were supposed to just fine :).

It's supposed to look scary, haha. I just need to make it look more like...a drawing assignment...I may have to draw complicated stuff over it or something. Because it looks interesting and conceptual, but once someone suggests it only took me 5 minutes (false), I'm screwed. That's the way critiques go.

Ergh, that sucks. See, that's the part of art classes I don't like. I don't think art is really meant to be judged/graded in that sort of way.

I think it does look scary, myself, I think you accomplished the goal just fine. And I wouldn't think it'd only have taken five minutes-I'd actually have been surprised if that were true, 'cause it does look like something that you have to put some serious time and effort into.

It might have taken about 3-4 hours....I forget. Probably will spend more time on it before it's done....I'm trying to see if anyone at my school has any broken mirrors/mirrors they'd let me break for art so I can put shards of that in it to make it sharper/scarier...may just have to see if Michael's has got mirrors, and break them myself, le sigh.

On the very good side, I finished my homework for Monday...so I've got Sunday for looking for stuff like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom