PGP: Blue craic, Y U NO WORK...going Paleo on yer arse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ohmy: ooo bf82 you were there for Pizza night!
wooow that was sooo cool!!!

Yeah, what a crazy night!
I was there, out of the stadium since 8.00 pm...around 10-10.30 pm they rehearsed a few songs ,I remember the snippet of Discotheque in Crazy Tonight and Ultraviolet :love: (even if they DIN'T play it at the gig :angry: )
Then NOTHING until 1.30 am, when a car stopped in front of us and they were there, walking behind it. They opened the trunk of the car (sorry for my bad english) and took the pizzas! We couldnt believe what was happening! everyone went crazy and started to scream (someone started to sing "happy birthday" to Edge! we, italian fans are too "warm" sometimes :D . I could see only Edge (thanks God!! :D ) and Larry. I saw Bono only for one second and no Adam, even if he was there too!

U2 pizza service - YouTube

2.25: you can see me (the long brown hair on the left of the man with red shirt) with TJT vynil booklet in my hand...running to be closer to The Edge :lol:

Ooh and this one. :combust:

leatherbadvertigoedge.jpg

Oh.....

hiiiii there Edge..... :flirt:

holds up the latest paper on Quantum Physics

AND

a bottle of Dom Perignon....................

*whispers in Edge's ear "c'mon, fretboy, we've got cosmic matters to ponder* :drool:

:lol:

1) Rome, 8 october 2010

U2 - 360° Tour - Roma, 08/10/10 - Where The Streets Have No Name - YouTube

0.26 - 0.32 when Edge sees my sign and smiles! :heart:

2) Turin, 5 august 2010 (the night before the gig), when they came out of the stadium and gave us pizza! I'll never forget that night :cute:

:heart: What'd your sign say?

Awesome that you were there for pizza night. :D

Yeah, what a crazy night!
I was there, out of the stadium since 8.00 pm...around 10-10.30 pm they rehearsed a few songs ,I remember the snippet of Discotheque in Crazy Tonight and Ultraviolet :love: (even if they DIN'T play it at the gig :angry: )
Then NOTHING until 1.30 am, when a car stopped in front of us and they were there, walking behind it. They opened the trunk of the car (sorry for my bad english) and took the pizzas! We couldnt believe what was happening! everyone went crazy and started to scream (someone started to sing "happy birthday" to Edge! we, italian fans are too "warm" sometimes :D . I could see only Edge (thanks God!! :D ) and Larry. I saw Bono only for one second and no Adam, even if he was there too!

U2 pizza service - YouTube

2.25: you can see me (the long brown hair on the left of the man with red shirt) with TJT vynil booklet in my hand...running to be closer to The Edge :lol:
:hyper:

One of my biggest regrets ever is being all "omgwhat'shappeningwhereamiwhoamitalkingto??11!!!" when I met Edge. Because I had just met Bono like 5 minutes prior. I met Edge, talked to him, have pictures of it, but literally have no memory of our interaction. :lol: I want a do-over. :grumpy:

And I adore Edge. In a platonic way.

I was probably "oh hai Edge, I JUST MET BONO, HE'S SO DREAMY, do you know him??"
:rolleyes:
:lmao:

:hug: VP

hope you week will be better!

The federal (national) party I'm a member of is having their leadership convention this weekend. :)

Not sure if you know much about the parliamentary system of government, but the party I'm a member of is the left wing of our three major parties. Right now, we have a majority government with the leaders being the right wing/conservative party. However, with our system, they were elected with less than 40% of the popular vote (there is a centrist party, although I think they'd like to think of themselves as center-left, and as compared to US politics, they probably are, and my party, the true lefties). People were tired of the centrist party, and so my party was voted in as the opposition party in government, the second in power - they made HUGE gains due to their leader, Jack Layton, this hugely amazing, popular, charismatic but very genuine politician. Then 4 months after the election, Jack Layton passed away - cancer. :( it was such a sad time, he resonated with people of all political stripes...people just related to him in a way that's extremely rare for politicians. The convention to elect a new leader for the party is this weekend. Everyone wishes it wasn't necessary - no one could ever replace Jack. But the choice will be very important for Canada's political future, to hopefully continue the gains that Jack made.

:ohmy:

wow VP!
i didn't know the whole story! that's a fecking shame!
:(

:hmm:
will either look it up weds or listen to BBC World Service and see if they mention Canada

My only two really glory U2 moments are in 1992. I had the worst seats to my first ever U2 show - behind the stage and against the back wall. Since they sucked so much, U2 did a ticket upgrade giving those with the suckiest seats a chance to snatch tickets to the 1st 10 rows. I was the very first person to take advantage. Front row center!

My second was climbing my way to the second stage during Outside Broadcast. I got to touch Bono's thigh. HOWEVER, I don't remember much because I was drunk and I took weird drugs from strangers. So kids, don't take strange drugs from weird strangers.

wow for tx upgrade!!! :hyper:

:ohmy: ooooh nooooez!
especially>>> if you want to try and grope your Rockstar love/lust interest
AND remember it!!!!! :lol: sorry it is funny and a damn drag at the same time. phooey!

oh boy another u2 AND Who fan! :hi5: (i already know VP's also a Who fan)

i gotz tons of Who shows and fan stories :hyper::lol:

Is it just me not keeping up on things, or does it seem like there were much less meetings last tour? It seemed like on the Vertigo tour, everyone and their dog was meeting them. Is it an arena vs. stadium thing? Or was I just not paying as much attention to meetings last tour?

well for me the stadium thing - since i don't drive- is impossible because they haven't played Yankee Stadium in ?decades! :scream:

I was soooooo hoping they'd play either Yankee stadium or the Met's ?Citi Field one since the subway was near by!!
Eiither one i could have stayed out as long as i wanted to see them again!

so i kinda pray for arenas next tour!

i really WAS fucking MAD they skipped them!!! playing one of them anyway

Palaeontology?? :hyper:

I suspect I may be the only person here who actually has dug for actual fossil bones... :wink:

I found a big one once, too... :shifty:

wow, ali! :hyper:

on day trips and one or 2 other vacations (when i was a teen) we dug for
minerals!

oh AND i believe i have finally found a place in NYC for............

tim tams! :hyper:

but i won't be able to get there till sometime early April!

Hi/bye again, Dazz *Waves*!

Tara, glad you're feeling better. And :hug: to Kristin.

I get plenty geeked out about rocks and prehistoric critters... :lol:

Sharks blow my mind. Over 420 million years... that's survival of the fittest for you.

Wow. Yeah, no kidding...that's insane that some species have managed to last that long.

Haven't spiders been around for zillions of years, too? They're one of the ones who could survive "the end", so to speak? That doesn't fascinate me as much :grumpy:.

Geeking out about something is good! I like geeky people.

If only I could convince everyone to consult with me about pretty much everything...

"No, Bono, you need to play Acrobat, Hawkmoon, ALL of Pop, and then bring Jools Holland out for the encore and do Velvet Dress again. Now go back and write another setlist, properly this time!"

Haha :yes:! I'd be fine with those suggestions!

I'd KILL to hear the Jools version of "Velvet Dress" live :drool:. I love BOTH versions of that song. Don't think I've ever heard any live versions of "Velvet Dress", though, I should poke around and find a good one. "Hawkmoon" is a great choice, too. Speaking of sexy as hell songs...

It's like how they design department stores to be like rabbit warrens, and you can never go through the duty-free section of an airport in a straight line. Bastards! :fist:

LOL. Something along that line, yeah!

*cough* Well, the less said about that, the better. And here it is, 10pm and I haven't done any practice tonight either. I found out today I was supposed to be practicing another half-dozen new songs this week, and totally haven't. :crack:

Oh, dear. Hope you manage to do that at some point-best of luck to you with all of that!

We still have our Sam Goody here but it's going to be leaving soon. It's awesome. It started as 3 levels but then reduced to 2 which it still is now. I still find things there like random U2 singles and rare cds. The store was really huge and full of weird decor. I recently went in and took a few photos since I know it won't be around forever. I'm surprised they've lasted as long as they have. It still has full music and video sections, as well as clothing, toys, collectibles, even musical instruments like guitars. Mostly I still like to go there and flip through the u2 section, even though I already have it all, the chance at finding a cd single I don't have yet is the thrill of looking. I'm going to miss that when they're gone. :(

They used to have a ginormous Beethoven head on the 3rd level, like as big as a car or something. But it wasn't there anymore when I took the pics. LOL

samgoodySD1-20121.jpg

samgoodySD1-20123.jpg

samgoodySD1-20122.jpg

Do any of you have an Amoeba Records nearby? They are REALLY cool, and have everything in music, new and used. I go there to look for old vinyl U2. I have to drive up to Hollywood for it though.

That place looks awesome. What a shame it's closing! I'd definitely want to spend some free time and money THERE.

We don't have an Amoeba Records here, no. I've never been in one of those, I don't know if there's any near where we live. My CD buying options in town consist of Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy. KMart does have some CDs, too, but they don't have all that great a selection. Target and Best Buy are my most likely places to find stuff I like, but even then there's still things I can't always find at those stores, really cool obscure CDs or older U2 singles or whatever :(.

Saw others mentioning the weather-yeah, it's chilly here today, too! Cloudy and windy and we've had a few rain showers here and there...I don't think it even got to 50 degrees today.

It's supposed to be a bit cooler all week-around 70 for a high at most, otherwise 60s and the occasional 50s. Which I'm fine with. Cooldown is nice.

It is! I was there in July for the 360 show and had an amazing time. I'm technically supposed to graduate that Saturday, but a) am flunking math and b) will be seeing my gay boyfriend I've known since I was 11. Gonna go look at art somewhere one of the days. When he was getting tickets and threw out days, and said 5/10, I said that's Bono's biggest and GBF said we HAVE to go on that day!

BIGGEST? WTF, autocorrect? BIRTHDAY!!!

Another Veribono that doesn't suck
6960846491_ec55859577_m.jpg

Another photo before he tried to do the one length thing

6801217632_fa3c3cbf63_m.jpg

That series of b&w's is one of my favorites. :drool:

And Y U hot Bono pics so small??! :sad:

Haha! Yes! And act insulted when they question my sanity. Hot Bono Profile Picture and I plan to go to Hawaii on our honeymoon.

Also, I seem to be "late." I may be having a U2 iPod.

:giggle: you guys are cracking me up!

You still have a Sam Goody? :ohmy:

I wish we had an Amoeba Records here. I've always wanted to go to one.

And, on a side note, what U2 singles do you have? *has a few, but had to special order them through Amazon*

Yes, so far we do have Sam Goody, but we hear it won't be around too much longer, sadly. Our Suncoast is long gone though. And Amoeba is AWESOME.

I have a ton of singles. Lots of early stuff (Joshua Tree and earlier) on vinyl singles and later (Achtung Baby and newer) stuff on CD singles. U2 has a thing for putting out a zillion different versions of their singles too. :crack: So for example there are many different versions of the Vertigo single, all with the same normal Vertigo song, but with different B-sides. Still, they were fun to collect at the time. I remember after HTDAAB came out I'd go check Tower (RIP :sad:) all the time and have the thrill of finding another new single had been released with different b-side songs, even though I already had the same a-side songs a few times over. :D Oh U2 you are so cute the way you make me spend all my money.

thora :hug: for your job problem, ( rushing last 4 pgs couldn't read all

Thanks, dazz. It's all okay. :hug: Today was my last day, and I was giddy as I was leaving. :lol: My supervisor mentioned that they will probably request to have me back again soon. I just said thanks and left. What I didn't say is "no way in hell, buddy." :lol: Not unless I get a different position. And even then I don't know.

I did get some good news this afternoon, though. There's an office job opening that's about a 10 min drive away from my house, and the temp agency submitted my resume for the job. However, I was the 3rd person they submitted, so who knows if I'll even get it. I'm going to call the agency first thing tomorrow morning to see what's up with that, since they were supposed to call/email me back by the end of the day but I never heard from them. It's a higher paying job, and it's a long term (6-12 months) contract, with a potential raise after 3 months. So that's pretty good! :) We'll see what happens.

We don't have very many good record stores around here. :sigh: We used to have a 3 story HMV building downtown, which was fabulous, but I heard that it recently closed. What a shame! :( They had 2 floors of music stuff, and one floor of movies/TV shows, etc. It was a great store to go into. I wonder what will take its place...

Providing I'm not working next week, I'm going to spend a full day downtown just having fun and maybe doing a (very little) bit of shopping before going out to dinner with my BFF that night. I'd obviously prefer to spend the day having fun and being outside, but if I'm working, that's okay too. :wink:

Yes, so far we do have Sam Goody, but we hear it won't be around too much longer, sadly. Our Suncoast is long gone though. And Amoeba is AWESOME.

I have a ton of singles. Lots of early stuff (Joshua Tree and earlier) on vinyl singles and later (Achtung Baby and newer) stuff on CD singles. U2 has a thing for putting out a zillion different versions of their singles too. :crack: So for example there are many different versions of the Vertigo single, all with the same normal Vertigo song, but with different B-sides. Still, they were fun to collect at the time. I remember after HTDAAB came out I'd go check Tower (RIP :sad:) all the time and have the thrill of finding another new single had been released with different b-side songs, even though I already had the same a-side songs a few times over. :D Oh U2 you are so cute the way you make me spend all my money.

I really miss Sam Goody... as it is, I have to drive down to Salt Lake now just to get to FYE :grumpy:.

:applaud::up:

Yeah, I pretty much have to go to Minneapolis or Des Moines or some other bigger city (Iowa City, Sioux City) to go to any of those kinds of stores :sigh:. Thank goodness for online retail.

Thora, cool to hear that about them submitting your resume for the other job! Good luck, I hope something works out with that :up:. Especially given it's not too far from where you live-all the more perfect.

CACKLE!!! I wasn't even drunk or anything. Well, maybe I was. Drunk on LOVE with GraceRyan's profile pic.

I shall post so you may look upon it.

And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.

Thora, cool to hear that about them submitting your resume for the other job! Good luck, I hope something works out with that :up:. Especially given it's not too far from where you live-all the more perfect.

Thanks! :D They gave me the company name so I could look them up, and they sound pretty decent, although it's hard to know what the office is like (one of many locations in N America) based just on that. But we'll see what happens tomorrow when I give the agency a call. :)

I'm SO excited to sleep in a little bit tomorrow. :lol:

Forget the flinging - all the hardcore fans would explode! :lol:

Acrobat OTOH would make the internet explode after millions of fans spontaneously combust :wink:

The band would be killed by flinging body parts - hearts, uterus' and male genitalia. *I'm sure there are gay men out there among us ladies who lust....

So this is mainly for Amy and Thora, but I'm desperately looking for a friend to do the Warrior Dash with - all of my friends are either busy or broke but I want to do this race SO FREAKIN BAD!!! Take a look at the course!

Warrior Dash | Arizona

(don't worry, I'm not asking you to fly down here and do it with me, I just thought you all would appreciate it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom