PGP: Blue craic, Y U NO WORK...going Paleo on yer arse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I remember Sam Goody's. That was a neat store.

:hug: to Tara-sorry you've been feeling blech today, though glad you tried to eat something. Hope a good night's sleep helps you feel better :).

:hug: to Weldy, too. Ouch.

I've been doing that lately, too. Keep bumping my left elbow in particular, or bumping into a shelf, or something. Very annoying. Sometimes I wonder if my walking/concentration skills have fallen apart on me.

:hug: I feel much better today. Sleeping helped. A lot.

I think I'm the only person that doesn't love the Jools version of Velvet Dress. I love the original and the full version they first played in Vegas.

I remember Suncoast Video. They had the best selection and you could special order stuff. My very first job was in a record store. At one point, I wanted to own a cool one like in Empire Records with a cafe attached. How old school.
Suncoast was the best.

We still have our Sam Goody here but it's going to be leaving soon. It's awesome. It started as 3 levels but then reduced to 2 which it still is now. I still find things there like random U2 singles and rare cds. The store was really huge and full of weird decor. I recently went in and took a few photos since I know it won't be around forever. I'm surprised they've lasted as long as they have. It still has full music and video sections, as well as clothing, toys, collectibles, even musical instruments like guitars. Mostly I still like to go there and flip through the u2 section, even though I already have it all, the chance at finding a cd single I don't have yet is the thrill of looking. I'm going to miss that when they're gone. :(

They used to have a ginormous Beethoven head on the 3rd level, like as big as a car or something. But it wasn't there anymore when I took the pics. LOL

samgoodySD1-20121.jpg

samgoodySD1-20123.jpg

samgoodySD1-20122.jpg

Do any of you have an Amoeba Records nearby? They are REALLY cool, and have everything in music, new and used. I go there to look for old vinyl U2. I have to drive up to Hollywood for it though.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :wave: One of my brothers is in town today so I'm off to go meet him. I think I'll stop for a fresh bagel first because I'm really hungry. :hmm:

You still have a Sam Goody? :ohmy:

I wish we had an Amoeba Records here. I've always wanted to go to one.

And, on a side note, what U2 singles do you have? *has a few, but had to special order them through Amazon*

Yeah, I had to skip through some photos to find a really good mid 2000's photo.

We have Newbury Comics here in the Boston area. They are pretty good with imports and used CD/DVDs. I rarely go in anymore.

I want you to bring the iPad to a justice of the peace and ask if you can be married....and have someone stealthly film his/her face when you very seriously say, "Yes, Bono and I would like to be married this weekend."

GraceRyan said:
I want you to bring the iPad to a justice of the peace and ask if you can be married....and have someone stealthly film his/her face when you very seriously say, "Yes, Bono and I would like to be married this weekend."

Haha! Yes! And act insulted when they question my sanity. Hot Bono Profile Picture and I plan to go to Hawaii on our honeymoon.

Also, I seem to be "late." I may be having a U2 iPod.

I hope U217 and GR's profile pic will be very happy. So you guys registered for wedding gifts at Sam Goody and Amoeba Records?

How's everyone's Monday?

:lmao: That would be AWESOME.

:shifty: If I wasnt already married, I might be tempted to take my new phone with a pic of Adam on it and pull a stunt like that. :sexywink::sexywink:

zuropa_fit said:
I hope U217 and GR's profile pic will be very happy. So you guys registered for wedding gifts at Sam Goody and Amoeba Records?

How's everyone's Monday?

Registered at Ikea, baby! That'll be our first real test - how we do putting Ikea stuff together. I suspect I'll be doing most of the work.

U217 said:
Registered at Ikea, baby! That'll be our first real test - how we do putting Ikea stuff together. I suspect I'll be doing most of the work.

Just going to Ikea will be the downfall of your special avi love. Let his PA do that. Do you really care what platform bed you get as long as there is enough room for you, Bono iPad and your head doctors?

GraceRyan said:
Just going to Ikea will be the downfall of your special avi love. Let his PA do that. Do you really care what platform bed you get as long as there is enough room for you, Bono iPad and your head doctors?

Our love is REAL! (I know it's not)

Last week I was sweating. No coats outside, not even first thing in the morning. I'd get home and change into shorts and put the fan on. Today we're back in our winter coats. :crack:

Btw, Grace, I agree with you re: Jool Holland Velvet Dress. Love the original SO much more. There's a lot more sexy whispering, and Edge's guitar leading up to and into the bridge is like a sound orgasm. Whoa. Might need to go to my bunk now and have a listen...

VintagePunk said:
Last week I was sweating. No coats outside, not even first thing in the morning. I'd get home and change into shorts and put the fan on. Today we're back in our winter coats. :crack:

Btw, Grace, I agree with you re: Jool Holland Velvet Dress. Love the original SO much more. There's a lot more sexy whispering, and Edge's guitar leading up to and into the bridge is like a sound orgasm. Whoa. Might need to go to my bunk now and have a listen...

:hi5:

I even prefer the live with that guitar over it.

Yes, we've been plunged back to winter. I feel bad for all the trees that got a mixed message. So much blooming happened last week.

:wave::wave::wave:

hi everyone... i'm doing some extra visiting at my sis's house several days this week so when she leaves her laptop home guess who uses it ( with her permish, of course )! :D

Grace! :hug:s>>>> thanks for my Birthday video !

I'd never seen it (what show was it from - def NOT red rocks!)

MY fav "screen shot" would be Bono from the (bare) back with the Irish flag he's holding hanging downward, black pants, so beautiful & hot- hips/butt and legs.....

gonna catch up on a 2nd window!

Hope everyone is doing well!

:giggle:
was ogling the cool belt Edge was wearing too. :D

Question: If you had to choose, what would be your absolute fav moment from a show you were at this tour?

Mine would be when the band came out in Winnipeg. Front row, first ever GA, Amy and I losing our minds! Nothing like seeing the band up close for the very first time.

Popped my U2 cherry :shifty:

1) Rome, 8 october 2010

U2 - 360° Tour - Roma, 08/10/10 - Where The Streets Have No Name - YouTube

0.26 - 0.32 when Edge sees my sign and smiles! :heart:

2) Turin, 5 august 2010 (the night before the gig), when they came out of the stadium and gave us pizza! I'll never forget that night :cute:

Yes, we've been plunged back to winter. I feel bad for all the trees that got a mixed message. So much blooming happened last week.

thank goodness it's more like normal weather again, i just hope the cherry & crab apple trees whoes buds started opening will make it through

it's fun to have aday or 2 of 60's, low 70's but too much worries about tsummer

Dazzledbylight! I will be in NYC in May! Seeing Spiderman on 5/10 (I know!). We should have coffee. I'll be staying in Chelsea.

dazzledbylight said:
cool! i might be out of town 2x's in May but i'll keep the idea open! :) 5-10 :D

return visit to nyc?

It is! I was there in July for the 360 show and had an amazing time. I'm technically supposed to graduate that Saturday, but a) am flunking math and b) will be seeing my gay boyfriend I've known since I was 11. Gonna go look at art somewhere one of the days. When he was getting tickets and threw out days, and said 5/10, I said that's Bono's biggest and GBF said we HAVE to go on that day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom