PGP: Blue craic, Y U NO WORK...going Paleo on yer arse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bummed that I can't find U2 CD's easily anymore. All I've bought recently was Best Of 80's-90's and I seriously want to get 90's-00's. Yes I've had them before, but life goes on and things, precious things, get misplaced. I know for a fact that online stores have them, but I don't have that luxury as a college student. :crack:

I think I may have my neighbor upstairs make me a custom MW ringtone since he has all sorts of recording/looping equip up there (he dabbles in music on the side) and have him upload it to a server for me and/or email it to me. I am pretty clueless as to how to make my own ringtone so idk if a website like that would do me much good. But yay for new toys! I was thinking about a tablet to help me when I go out and do my shopping/couponing but this is even better.

I'm bummed that I can't find U2 CD's easily anymore. All I've bought recently was Best Of 80's-90's and I seriously want to get 90's-00's. Yes I've had them before, but life goes on and things, precious things, get misplaced. I know for a fact that online stores have them, but I don't have that luxury as a college student. :crack:
Don't laugh, but Lil' CK bought himself copies of 80s-90s AND 90s-00s at WM for like, 9.99 each.

:wave: I've been MIA all week - it's been hectic around here to say the least. But Mr CK brought me a WONDERFUL surprise Friday afternoon - a Samsung Galaxy S II :D
My number stayed the same (the joys of porting), I was able to take the new phone and the old phone to AT&T (my new provider) and get my contacts transferred, and was shown how to transfer my photos, which I will do on Monday once the hubby & son are at work/school and I have the place to myself - FroBaby will nap and it'll get done easier that way.

I am barely capable of using it but so far I'm learning how to not be terrified of it lol. I need to figure out how/where I can find MW as a ringtone and get it. Also I need to know if Interference has an Android app and if it will cost me to d/l. I'm all about free apps since I barely know how to use them lol.

And yes, both kidlets are doing well. FroBaby is having some formula issues but we're working our way through them. And Lil' CK lost his 1st tooth on Friday as well! So the Tooth Fairy is now adding our house to her list. She left $2 for him Friday night and he was ecstatic about it Sat morning. :cute:

Am I missing any major U2 news? Other than Adam saying U2 is working on an album. Seems like someone is ALWAYS saying that so I have learned not to get 'too' excited...

Yay for new phones! Yay for everyone doing well!

:cute: @ Lil' CK being ecstatic... it's always cute when gets kid happy about something. :cute:

As far as I know, nothing is going on.

Don't laugh, but Lil' CK bought himself copies of 80s-90s AND 90s-00s at WM for like, 9.99 each.

That's quite a deal, and I bet he was really happy. The WM's around here are very scarce when it comes to certain artists and it drives me crazy. I find all other artists, but NOT the one's I'm looking for. My next stop is going Target, and if I don't find them there, I give up.

Am I missing any major U2 news? Other than Adam saying U2 is working on an album. Seems like someone is ALWAYS saying that so I have learned not to get 'too' excited...

But in this case it's Adam, it was during a radio interview for the "Walk In My Shoes" fundraiser and he also made a joke about Bono saying it'll "be in the shops tomorrow but I think it'll take a bit longer." :lol: Dallas also confirmed it in a note to a guitar company, praising them for their basses... Which makes me wonder if the Warwicks aren't going to be around next tour.

That's quite a deal, and I bet he was really happy. The WM's around here are very scarce when it comes to certain artists and it drives me crazy. I find all other artists, but NOT the one's I'm looking for. My next stop is going Target, and if I don't find them there, I give up.

How do you feel about used cds? I find that used cds from FYE (music store chain in the mall) and BuyBacks (used cd place around here - it's a chain though) have pretty decent selections and prices can be alright.

And our WM sucks as well. They carry greatest hits collections and new(est) releases and that's about it. I want the new Pink Floyd collection but can't find IT anywhere. And I want all the artwork/liner notes or else I'd just find it online somewhere lol.

If you get desperate, PM me and I'll zip a copy of 90s-00s to you and email it. (I used to use megaupload, may it rest in peace.)

How do you feel about used cds? I find that used cds from FYE (music store chain in the mall) and BuyBacks (used cd place around here - it's a chain though) have pretty decent selections and prices can be alright.

And our WM sucks as well. They carry greatest hits collections and new(est) releases and that's about it. I want the new Pink Floyd collection but can't find IT anywhere. And I want all the artwork/liner notes or else I'd just find it online somewhere lol.

If you get desperate, PM me and I'll zip a copy of 90s-00s to you and email it. (I used to use megaupload, may it rest in peace.)

Used CD's, new CD's, I don't care I just want to tangibly build up my U2 collection. Having an iPod is great and all but I want the real thing. I've heard of FYE and thought many times about stopping there, if they have it I'm there.

Yes, may Megaupload RIP.

Used CD's, new CD's, I don't care I just want to tangibly build up my U2 collection. Having an iPod is great and all but I want the real thing. I've heard of FYE and thought many times about stopping there, if they have it I'm there.

Yes, may Megaupload RIP.

Amazon.com or eBay for used CDs. I got all my U2 DVDs there. And some of the DVD boxsets on Amazon.

THOUGH - I ordered a used copy for Red Rocks as I do not have it on DVD. The used store sent me the CD. Um, thanks but....I bought the DVD. That sort of chafed me yesterday.

flybabe, yeah, that is a pain, isn't it? I hope your search soon proves fruitful.

CK, good to see you in here :wave:! Hooray for new gadgets as well! Have fun poking around with it :D.

I do customer service via phone/email for a cool company, but some days are really hard. They tolerate me and my cube mate joking around all day, otherwise I don't think I could do it. We're still small enough that we can give fairly personalized service, so calls tend to go well most of the time. I hate giving in to nasty people but sometimes the only way to get them go away and stop being crazy is to give in. My boss and I have debated it hotly a few times - I think giving in is rewarding bad behavior and just encourages a world where the shitheads get what they want. He just wants happy customers. I try to reward the nice people as much as possible with surprise coupons off and indulge some chit chat. Some of the people who call us though, they're clearly disturbed and I'm still at a loss as to what to do with those calls.

Speaking of customer service - I got crap customer service from Edun. It was really sad!

I agree with you. I don't think rude people should get any service at all. If you don't know how to behave like an adult, I don't see why I should give you what you want. But I also do understand wanting to just get them out of your hair as quickly as possible. Either way, it's a lose-lose situation for the employees, it seems :sigh:. It is hard to know what to do with some people (which is why training videos are always so laughable-they never factor in the customers that don't fit into their neat little "this is what to do/what not to do in x situation" scenarios. Life and work are not that simple and tidy, and people are not so willing to work with the "script" the training videos go through).

I think your rewarding nice people is a great idea. Especially the "chit chat" bit-customers will remember employees who engage them like that :). Maybe even praise them to supervisors.

Sorry to hear that! What happened?

The fact that I listen to U2 all day long through my ear buds when not on the phone probably saves my sanity, too. Something soothing about Bono's voice in my ear helps ease the trauma.

Lucky you. I wish I could do that at my job.

I agree with you. I don't think rude people should get any service at all. If you don't know how to behave like an adult, I don't see why I should give you what you want. But I also do understand wanting to just get them out of your hair as quickly as possible. Either way, it's a lose-lose situation for the employees, it seems :sigh:. It is hard to know what to do with some people (which is why training videos are always so laughable-they never factor in the customers that don't fit into their neat little "this is what to do/what not to do in x situation" scenarios. Life and work are not that simple and tidy, and people are not so willing to work with the "script" the training videos go through).

I think your rewarding nice people is a great idea. Especially the "chit chat" bit-customers will remember employees who engage them like that :). Maybe even praise them to supervisors.

U217, as Angela said, I'm sure that you rewarding good customers goes a long way, and that those customers are very appreciative of what you've done for them, and the company in general. I know I would be. :up: It's like good customer service is so rare these days, you really notice when you get it.

My job is very customer servicey, too.

I serve both the clients, and their customers. Both can be a little testy at times. The most awkward situation is where the two are at odds with each other, and I'm the middle-man. I have to empathize with the customer (which often their situations do merit empathy) while not dissing the client. It's a balancing act, that's for sure. I try to look at it as the customer being angry with the company or the situation, not me personally, even though I'm the one listening and on the receiving end. And I try to turn it into a challenge where, by the end of the conversation, I've won the person over, and 99% of the time, I do. It's a little like being a therapist, where my psych training comes in handy. :lol: But this line of work isn't for everyone, you can't take things personally.

I hate giving in to people with bad attitudes because it's money out of the company that they don't deserve if we're doing a big freebie for them. And I don't believe that they'll stay as customers. I have had people I stood my ground with and they swear they'll never shop with us again and Tell The World, and then they're back again like nothing happened. And I really don't know what to do with the ones who are disturbed, which I can tell right from the first words out of their mouth.

I'm trying to create positive energy around me, so the more enthusiastic I am, the better the calls seem to go. I got crazy praise the other day - the lady even praised my boss for hiring me. Her voice mail got forwarded to everybody in the company by our owner. I spent the rest of the day walking around the office saying to people, "that's right, I'm awesome." My boss is pretty awesome, too. Sometimes on hard days I forget how lucky I am with this job. Have a hilarious cube mate, too. I keep saying we deserve our own show.

Sorry to hear that! What happened?

[/QUOTE]

It was just a stupid credit they were going to do, that ended p taking about four months, and they had slow response to email inquiries. It's like they thought of everything but the customer service side. I deal with the exact same issue as this was at least once a day, and can clear it from my desk in under five minutes. We have great tools (my boss is a programming genius) but I remember when we didn't. And it was still a five minute job. That kind of thing puts their whole operation at risk, if it's typical of how they do things.

Oh, and at this time, I'd like to announce my engagement to GraceRyan's profile picture. O...M....G....swoon.

*Dances*

Damnit, now that song's going to be in my head :p.

I hate giving in to people with bad attitudes because it's money out of the company that they don't deserve if we're doing a big freebie for them. And I don't believe that they'll stay as customers. I have had people I stood my ground with and they swear they'll never shop with us again and Tell The World, and then they're back again like nothing happened. And I really don't know what to do with the ones who are disturbed, which I can tell right from the first words out of their mouth.

Oh, I've gotten the "I'll never shop here again!" speech :lol:. The funniest part is they think that's supposed to be a legitimate threat or scare us. All I can think when I hear people say that is, "You mean I won't have to deal with you again? Great! Bye :wave:!" But like you said, they're always the first ones back *Shakes head*.

Disturbed people are creepy. I remember co-workers coming up to me and warning me if a customer comes into the store that's been known to be a bit "weird". And one day I had to deal with someone who just came up to me and started a random conversation about god knows what. He got into something about Jon Voight and Angelina Jolie and I think some military talk or whatever, and I'd think I got away from him, only for him to pop back up and keep right on where he left off. Eventually I managed to distance myself from him, only to see him move on and chat with two people who I think weren't even 20 years old yet. It was really weird and sorta creepy. He wasn't touching anyone or anything, he was just talking, but still, the way he did it was...strange. I guess the best thing to do is to just keep an eye on those people and if things start looking really suspicious, notify security or your boss or something. I dunno. It's a tough call.

I'm trying to create positive energy around me, so the more enthusiastic I am, the better the calls seem to go. I got crazy praise the other day - the lady even praised my boss for hiring me. Her voice mail got forwarded to everybody in the company by our owner. I spent the rest of the day walking around the office saying to people, "that's right, I'm awesome." My boss is pretty awesome, too. Sometimes on hard days I forget how lucky I am with this job. Have a hilarious cube mate, too. I keep saying we deserve our own show.

It was just a stupid credit they were going to do, that ended p taking about four months, and they had slow response to email inquiries. It's like they thought of everything but the customer service side. I deal with the exact same issue as this was at least once a day, and can clear it from my desk in under five minutes. We have great tools (my boss is a programming genius) but I remember when we didn't. And it was still a five minute job. That kind of thing puts their whole operation at risk, if it's typical of how they do things.

LOL, hey, that's very cool :up:! I'm glad you have those people around to brighten up the day, and that you still have lots of good customers to help balance out the crap ones.

I remember after dealing with a really obnoxious customer who didn't get his way once (a guy who did the, "I'll never shop here again" thing), another customer came up to me and my co-worker and said, "I admire you guys for standing your ground like that. You had every right, he was in the wrong." It's kinda nice when customers stick up for you like that :).

As for the credit thing you talked about, that sucks. If their technology isn't up to date on that, that's probably why (and I know what that's like), but if so, yeah, they should work on fixing that.

Oh, and at this time, I'd like to announce my engagement to GraceRyan's profile picture. O...M....G....swoon.

Haha, hey, congrats to the happy couple, then :D!

That is a cute picture. Very much so.

Amazon.com or eBay for used CDs. I got all my U2 DVDs there. And some of the DVD boxsets on Amazon.

THOUGH - I ordered a used copy for Red Rocks as I do not have it on DVD. The used store sent me the CD. Um, thanks but....I bought the DVD. That sort of chafed me yesterday.

Somebody must have had a typo or something. Send that sucker right back to them and underline DVD.

Back around '04 I used to get all of my U2 stuff from Sam Goodies, and that was a great place. We no longer have it unfortunately, but they had all kinds of U2 memorabilia, CD's, DVD, posters, you name it, they had it. And if they didn't you could order it and they would eventually call and let you know they got it in the same day. It was a great place for a newborn U2 fan. Good times...

Somebody must have had a typo or something. Send that sucker right back to them and underline DVD.

Back around '04 I used to get all of my U2 stuff from Sam Goodies, and that was a great place. We no longer have it unfortunately, but they had all kinds of U2 memorabilia, CD's, DVD, posters, you name it, they had it. And if they didn't you could order it and they would eventually call and let you know they got it in the same day. It was a great place for a newborn U2 fan. Good times...

*misses Sam Goody..... and Suncoast DVDs* :sad:

Wow. I remember Sam Goody's. That was a neat store.

:hug: to Tara-sorry you've been feeling blech today, though glad you tried to eat something. Hope a good night's sleep helps you feel better :).

:hug: to Weldy, too. Ouch.

I've been doing that lately, too. Keep bumping my left elbow in particular, or bumping into a shelf, or something. Very annoying. Sometimes I wonder if my walking/concentration skills have fallen apart on me.

Awesome. That's a pretty interesting find no matter what you're looking for. It's always cool to find out about what lived alongside the dinosaurs, how they managed to survive amongst them (and you realize how long some of the animals we're familiar with today have lasted as a result and it's sorta mind-boggling).

I like it when people get all geeked out about stuff like that. You learn something new, and it's a different sort of hobby/interest to talk about :).

I get plenty geeked out about rocks and prehistoric critters... :lol:

Sharks blow my mind. Over 420 million years... that's survival of the fittest for you.

You prove my point exactly! The higher ups should talk to customers like you more often.

Also, thanks :).

If only I could convince everyone to consult with me about pretty much everything... :wink:

"No, Bono, you need to play Acrobat, Hawkmoon, ALL of Pop, and then bring Jools Holland out for the encore and do Velvet Dress again. Now go back and write another setlist, properly this time!"

Haha, oh, god, yeah, it's scary how the "related content" stuff can get you sucked in so quickly! All I do is go online to read/watch one or two things, and then before I know it I've got, like, 10 tabs open and it's 3 hours later and I'm pouring through all sorts of stuff and thinking, "Ooh, that looks interesting!" or "Just one more article/video, I swear...". They've gotten good at making you stick around, those internet people.

It's like how they design department stores to be like rabbit warrens, and you can never go through the duty-free section of an airport in a straight line. Bastards! :fist:

Hope practice goes well if/when you get around to it ;). Hehe.

*cough* Well, the less said about that, the better. And here it is, 10pm and I haven't done any practice tonight either. I found out today I was supposed to be practicing another half-dozen new songs this week, and totally haven't. :crack:

: grumpy: Can I have my extra hour of sleep back now?

I'll be getting it next weekend... but I miss my daylight already. :sad:

Question: If you had to choose, what would be your absolute fav moment from a show you were at this tour?

Oooh. Very very favourite moment was probably realising they were going to play AIWIY in Perth, at my last 360 show... I couldn't jump up and down and scream like an idiot cos I was in the middle of videoing stuff, so I had to keep my arm in the air for another two songs. :lol:

Actually, that vies with how I think we got a smile out of Larry in Melbourne... He stopped right in front of us with his djembe, I think it was because we were about the only people on that barrier who were jumping around and dancing rather than holding cameras in the air. ( :whistle: ) That was pretty damn cool.

Hang it, 10 x Crazy Tonight! :yippie:

And since everyone else has more than one, the first time I saw the Claw was pretty amazing, in Amsterdam... oh yeah, meeting GG and Diane was good too. :wink:

I think I'm the only person that doesn't love the Jools version of Velvet Dress. I love the original and the full version they first played in Vegas.

I remember Suncoast Video. They had the best selection and you could special order stuff. My very first job was in a record store. At one point, I wanted to own a cool one like in Empire Records with a cafe attached. How old school.

That place was great - we had one around here too. Darned FYE took over pretty much all the music/movie chains. But Suncoast was the BEST in my area, and they were really similar to Sam Goody's. Especially with obscure shit. I ordered my Velvet Goldmine soundtrack through them after finding the VHS at Hollywood Video - and then buying my own copy for $1 at CD Warehouse (which is now BuyBacks *lesigh*). Ah, good times. :lol:

One of these days I'll have to get another copy of the VG soundtrack. I have the mp3s but I'm old school and like having a physical copy.

It is eerily quiet.

6866542150_4de388923b_m.jpg

6866541988_2164578a36_m.jpg

6862605904_c9b832cf7d_m.jpg

6960848331_b88856078c_m.jpg

6960847101_5dfab3c42e_m.jpg

We still have our Sam Goody here but it's going to be leaving soon. It's awesome. It started as 3 levels but then reduced to 2 which it still is now. I still find things there like random U2 singles and rare cds. The store was really huge and full of weird decor. I recently went in and took a few photos since I know it won't be around forever. I'm surprised they've lasted as long as they have. It still has full music and video sections, as well as clothing, toys, collectibles, even musical instruments like guitars. Mostly I still like to go there and flip through the u2 section, even though I already have it all, the chance at finding a cd single I don't have yet is the thrill of looking. I'm going to miss that when they're gone. :(

They used to have a ginormous Beethoven head on the 3rd level, like as big as a car or something. But it wasn't there anymore when I took the pics. LOL

samgoodySD1-20121.jpg

samgoodySD1-20123.jpg

samgoodySD1-20122.jpg

Do any of you have an Amoeba Records nearby? They are REALLY cool, and have everything in music, new and used. I go there to look for old vinyl U2. I have to drive up to Hollywood for it though.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :wave: One of my brothers is in town today so I'm off to go meet him. I think I'll stop for a fresh bagel first because I'm really hungry. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom