PGP: Blue craic, Y U NO WORK...going Paleo on yer arse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the Edun site, nosing around the scarf department, since it's the only thing I can afford other than their tshirts, of which I own four, at least. Now I am being followed by their ad on lots of sites. I forget what that's called, it's part of the marketing plan of lots of sites.

They have a butterfly theme this spring. I haaaaaate butterflies with a passion. In fact, it's sort of a phobia. I think it has something to do with Silence of the Lambs, not sure. But I'm being ad-stalked by this fricken butterfly ad now. When will it stopppppppp?!

If it helps, it was a moth not a butterfly in Silence of the Lambs IIRC :wink:

Those shoes are terrifying. :reject:

I didn't know they were women's shoes until I read the article - I just thought they were odd :lol:

I forgot to mention that I also love that he's carrying on his mum's work in a way - apparently she'd been a fundraiser for that hospital since the 70s :heart::heart:

So I tried to post this earlier but my ipod was being wonky. Speaking of weird work things: Today I was teaching in the main classroom building (not the theatre with no windows). In the middle of one of the classes, we here a tremendous BOOM - like the kind that shakes in your chest. My first thought was a gun on campus. Terrified me. I looked out the window and saw all the AP chem kids and their teacher standing around a dirt area outside the classroom building laughing and looking pleased with themselves. Thank god it was just that, but I really think that in this day and age, the teacher should have sent out some kind of email warning. It was freaky.

So I tried to post this earlier but my ipod was being wonky. Speaking of weird work things: Today I was teaching in the main classroom building (not the theatre with no windows). In the middle of one of the classes, we here a tremendous BOOM - like the kind that shakes in your chest. My first thought was a gun on campus. Terrified me. I looked out the window and saw all the AP chem kids and their teacher standing around a dirt area outside the classroom building laughing and looking pleased with themselves. Thank god it was just that, but I really think that in this day and age, the teacher should have sent out some kind of email warning. It was freaky.

That would be scary, and I agree, the teacher should've warned the rest of the faculty at least.... but I still giggled. :reject:

I know - I'm glad they were having fun, it's something I would do if I were teaching chem :giggle: and it makes me feel all "get off my lawn" to say he should have warned us :shrug:

I definitely understand the brief moment of terror there, zu. Glad it was just a fun class project! :)

I haven't looked at any of the Adam stuff with that mental health initiative, but I really like his shoes. :lol: That's hilariously awesome that they're women's shoes. :D

I'm debating whether or not to go to bed. There's really no reason for me to stay up any later. I know the sleep will do me good. I just need to get up off my ass and walk myself over to my bedroom. :lol: :lazy:

Plus, I've already brushed my teeth and I put my PJ's on as soon as I got home. I just have to shut down my computer, stand up, walk over to my bedroom and shut the lights off. Boom. Done. No real effort required. :lol:

:shifty::reject:

:hug::heart::wave:

G'night all! Love you!

:giggle: I looked up what the song was ;). I'm quite certain I heard that song when it was out, but now I'm blanking on how it goes.

At first I was thinking that was the movie Celine and Barbra did a song together from, but apparently not...now I'm curious what that one was. Not that it'd really matter either way, 'cause I didn't like the song they did, but still, it's one of those things I feel I need to solve now :p. *Goes off on search*

Good night :wave:! Sweet dreams!

Sounds like they should've issued a warning to me. Lol, we can't do shit on campus without first letting the departments know and get the Uni fire brigade involved. :lol: Security is damn tight. And some experiments we just can't do.

KristenCaNaDiAn said:
I have to do a radio interview for work this morning :yikes:

Look at you going all U2.

So thanks for the vibes for my MIL. They did an angioplasty on her heart and there is no blockage. They think there might be one in the artery leading to her kidney, so she goes back Monday for another angio to clear that up. She will be back up and running late next week in time for our visit and our trip to Disney with grace.

My husband started to lecture her on the phone. She needs to lose some weight and get some exercise. I almost threw the remote at his head. It's not the time to get preachy while your mom is laid up in the hospital. He hated when his dad nagged him to lose weight. Dude, you are starting to sound like him.

I'm bummed because I had the opportunity to run on a relay team from Quincy to Cape Cod ( that's really far) in a 48 hour relay. We are busy that weekend so I can't. I know some of you are like "that sounds horrible" but it would be a challenge and something different. And I was going to help a friend out by taking her longer runs since she's recovering from an injury. Maybe next year.

:lol: Yeah if she's in the hospital I doubt nagging her about her weight will help. Because I'm pretty sure the doctors would've told her that too!

How convenient. I just called the Vet for kitty's annual checkup, which is supposed to be next week, and they had a spot free today! Made a list of all the recent issues with her, the hearing problems, apathy, peeing in my bed and the extra hairball fun.. so let's see if it's all old age or if there's something going on.

:uhoh: A radio interview?

Yup, for my work. I'm promoting a youth volunteer challenge we're putting on. It went really well. The guy that interviewed me said I sounded like a pro. I'm so relieved because I was so nervous :wink:

Look at you going all U2.

So thanks for the vibes for my MIL. They did an angioplasty on her heart and there is no blockage. They think there might be one in the artery leading to her kidney, so she goes back Monday for another angio to clear that up. She will be back up and running late next week in time for our visit and our trip to Disney with grace.

My husband started to lecture her on the phone. She needs to lose some weight and get some exercise. I almost threw the remote at his head. It's not the time to get preachy while your mom is laid up in the hospital. He hated when his dad nagged him to lose weight. Dude, you are starting to sound like him.

I'm bummed because I had the opportunity to run on a relay team from Quincy to Cape Cod ( that's really far) in a 48 hour relay. We are busy that weekend so I can't. I know some of you are like "that sounds horrible" but it would be a challenge and something different. And I was going to help a friend out by taking her longer runs since she's recovering from an injury. Maybe next year.

:hug:s for you.

:lol: Yeah if she's in the hospital I doubt nagging her about her weight will help. Because I'm pretty sure the doctors would've told her that too!

How convenient. I just called the Vet for kitty's annual checkup, which is supposed to be next week, and they had a spot free today! Made a list of all the recent issues with her, the hearing problems, apathy, peeing in my bed and the extra hairball fun.. so let's see if it's all old age or if there's something going on.

Hope you're kitty is okay :hug:

Thanks for all the hugs last night. I :heart: you all.

Pretty cool that you got that interview down. Now if Larry was the interviewer.... :shifty:

I'm sure Miep is fine, though maybe her ears are clogged. Otherwise it's mostly old age issues. She's such a granny!

Pretty cool that you got that interview down. Now if Larry was the interviewer.... :shifty:

I'm sure Miep is fine, though maybe her ears are clogged. Otherwise it's mostly old age issues. She's such a granny!

They're gonna play it every day up until the challenge starts on April 15th :ohmy:

I'd be under the table if he was the interviewer :shifty:

Awww well glad to hear she's generally okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom