PGP: Blue craic, Y U NO WORK...going Paleo on yer arse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody please hit me in the head with a baseball bat. I actually like Bieber's new single :reject: :crazy:
Kristen, that worries me
I'm working in the scene shop today... I've got this 2x4 with your name on it :madwife:
See U2....this shit is what happens when you go off radar. For the love of all that is holy....please save this girl. Next thing you know, she'll be buying Interpol CDs.

:lmao::lmao:

hey, wait a min :eyebrow:............ I like Interpole! :grumpy:

:lol: i did unfortunately did find their live show (as u2's opening act) too much the same after a while> but the songs i liked i liked live.

My friends and I were walking downtown one day . One guy says "Dude. That guy over there is trying WAY too hard to look like Art Alexakis" My other friend says "Dude. That IS Art Alexakis." :giggle:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: beautiful!

wow, Zu-- you've got an action-packed 11 days there!

you get to prep for and then arrive in nyc!!!! :applaud:

You get to experience NYC for the first time (it is your first time, right? if not welcome back!)!!!

You go Broadway Play(s)!

You get to meet me! :D

you attend your student's Big Event.

You return home to decompress from NYC!

Then you go see Cold Play!

Pretty good, I'd say! :D :hyper:

Hi/bye, Dazz! Again, LOL.

Thora, damn, that totally sucks! I hope that call on Monday clears things up with that. I'm sorry :hug:.

:grumpy: Just received a really short email with an added word document telling me that I'm not even asked for a bloody interview at the theme park because 'there were people who fit the job description better'. Aka are younger and thus cheaper. :rolleyes: Bugger.

:( :hug: to you as well.

I was in that crowd - it was my 30th birthday! :heart: (Had I known about ticket drops then I might've been able to go to the show as I'd taken the day off :sad:)

Lucky you!

They're only staying for today and tonight, and they're leaving tomorrow.

Also, they informed us after breakfast that they already had a hotel and everything, so we're good.

Ah, okay, cool :). That's definitely more tolerable.

:yes:

62872.png

*Raises eyebrows*

Oooh. Hello.

*Thinking she needs to learn more about Mr. Tennant*

Also, those Bono pictures you shared earlier? Ummmmmmmmm, yeah, THANK YOU :drool: :combust:. Happy thoughts with those, mmhm.

Thanks, MA. :hug: Now that I've had a little time, the hurt feelings are going away. It was just totally out of the blue, so obviously I was very shocked. But whatever. Everything happens for a reason, and maybe this reason is so that I can be completely free and clear to interview for (and GET!) the food writing job. :D

My birthday's on Tuesday. :)

Have a fun weekend! :up:

UMMM, W.T.F. Read under the spoiler for a phone call I just got

So the temp agency just called me. Apparently my contract is up as of today. WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK?! I just don't know what to think about that. Apparently they left a message with someone at the agency, and my contact called to tell me that I won't be needed on Monday. Supposedly there was nothing wrong with my work.

I'm just so fucking baffled. I thought I was doing okay. The woman that I was supposedly replacing is going on mat leave, so they need someone to fill her spot.

:rolleyes: I don't know what the fuck is going on, but this was supposed to be a long term contract. They're apparently going to call on Monday to see what's up, since this is really strange.

OY VEY. But whatever. This opens me up again to be totally free for the food blogging position.

:hug: that totally sucks ass.

I had this happen to me a few times as well. One place even called me into their office on a Friday afternoon to say how happy they were with my work and would I be interested in interviewing for a full time job. I got a call on my way home from the agency to say I was done there. Another came up to me during my lunch break in the building's cafeteria to tell me that my agency called and left him a message and I needed to call them asap before I went back to my desk. The agency said the company decided they didn't need me even though I had a stack of paperwork a mile high to work on. I had to go back upstairs to my desk to collect my things and the boss was just standing there with that fake sympathetic smirk on his face like he had nothing to do with it.

But on the flip side, I once landed a year long contract at a place that kept me for the year and taught me everything I needed to know about a particular industry. After a year they were unable to hire me but gave me a lead on a job at a competitor. I got hired there and would probably still be there had I not decided to go back to school. So not all temp experiences are bad. You just have to put up with a lot BS sometimes to find the good ones. Hopefully you'll land your dream job soon but in the mean time if you have to take another assignment with this agency just take it day by day because sadly you never know what they're going to do.

Hope you're able to have some sort of fun birthday weekend!

So not all temp experiences are bad. You just have to put up with a lot BS sometimes to find the good ones. Hopefully you'll land your dream job soon but in the mean time if you have to take another assignment with this agency just take it day by day because sadly you never know what they're going to do.

Hope you're able to have some sort of fun birthday weekend!

Yeah, I have heard loads of good stories from people temping. :) I'll most likely take anything they offer for as long as is necessary. I'll have enough money from my 3 weeks of working to pay for all my April bills, which is great. But I'll definitely go back to job searching on Monday, because I need to find a steady source of income ASAP. :)

I don't have anything planned, but that's the way I like it. I have a bunch of errands to do tomorrow, then I'm going to download the last 2 Hunger Games books and read those for the rest of the weekend. :lol:

I'll probably end up spending all day downtown on my actual birthday, instead of just the evening as I had previously planned. It's supposed to be a mostly decent day, so it will be nice to be outside and do a bit of shopping. :)

damn....I didn't win the mega millions or the powerball from Weds. Out of my four MM tickets I had two numbers total. At least they were both on the same ticket. :sigh:

I'll probably end up spending all day downtown on my actual birthday, instead of just the evening as I had previously planned. It's supposed to be a mostly decent day, so it will be nice to be outside and do a bit of shopping. :)

that sounds like fun birthday plans. Spending the day downtown is always fun.

I'm clueless about the Hunger Games other than everyone is talking about it.

:reject: my birthday is a month from today which is a Monday, I will be 38 :eek: and I already have my plans for Sat, Sun, and Mon of that weekend. I also already sent out my list to my family but to be fair they asked last week. But I think I may have been getting ready to send it out soon if they hadn't asked :flirt: I have a hard time with the number but I do love my birthday!

that sounds like fun birthday plans. Spending the day downtown is always fun.

I'm clueless about the Hunger Games other than everyone is talking about it.

:reject: my birthday is a month from today which is a Monday, I will be 38 :eek: and I already have my plans for Sat, Sun, and Mon of that weekend. I also already sent out my list to my family but to be fair they asked last week. But I think I may have been getting ready to send it out soon if they hadn't asked :flirt: I have a hard time with the number but I do love my birthday!

Yeah, I don't go downtown all that often, but I do enjoy being there. :)

I was mostly clueless too until I saw the movie trailer and was totally intrigued. I had a bunch of credit from the site where I buy my e-books, so I used most of that up to buy the first book. I was TOTALLY hooked. I didn't want to download the rest of the books in the series mid-week, because I knew I wouldn't sleep. The first book was amazing, and I'm definitely going to see the movie someday (aka: I'll watch it when it shows up on Netflix). :lol:

Age is just a number - it doesn't mean anything! :) I normally forget about my birthdays, but my best friend reminded me a week ago or so, and also asked for my wishlist. So it was fun to go through Amazon and update my list full of fun things that I want. :D

Hi comet!

Oh man.

I just found out Noel Fielding's a goth guy in a TV show...while I don't tend to go for the goth guys, this just...doesn't apply in this instance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom