PGP: Blue craic, Y U NO WORK...going Paleo on yer arse - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #571
Blue Crack Addict
 
flybabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sunglasses, USA
Posts: 17,062
Local Time: 08:19 AM
I'm bummed that I can't find U2 CD's easily anymore. All I've bought recently was Best Of 80's-90's and I seriously want to get 90's-00's. Yes I've had them before, but life goes on and things, precious things, get misplaced. I know for a fact that online stores have them, but I don't have that luxury as a college student.
__________________

flybabe is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #572
ONE
love, blood, life
 
ClaytonsKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Posts: 12,741
Local Time: 07:19 AM
I think I may have my neighbor upstairs make me a custom MW ringtone since he has all sorts of recording/looping equip up there (he dabbles in music on the side) and have him upload it to a server for me and/or email it to me. I am pretty clueless as to how to make my own ringtone so idk if a website like that would do me much good. But yay for new toys! I was thinking about a tablet to help me when I go out and do my shopping/couponing but this is even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
I'm bummed that I can't find U2 CD's easily anymore. All I've bought recently was Best Of 80's-90's and I seriously want to get 90's-00's. Yes I've had them before, but life goes on and things, precious things, get misplaced. I know for a fact that online stores have them, but I don't have that luxury as a college student.
Don't laugh, but Lil' CK bought himself copies of 80s-90s AND 90s-00s at WM for like, 9.99 each.
__________________

ClaytonsKitten is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #573
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
TaraCynara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The moment of surrender on cloud #9.
Posts: 7,074
Local Time: 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonsKitten View Post
I've been MIA all week - it's been hectic around here to say the least. But Mr CK brought me a WONDERFUL surprise Friday afternoon - a Samsung Galaxy S II
My number stayed the same (the joys of porting), I was able to take the new phone and the old phone to AT&T (my new provider) and get my contacts transferred, and was shown how to transfer my photos, which I will do on Monday once the hubby & son are at work/school and I have the place to myself - FroBaby will nap and it'll get done easier that way.

I am barely capable of using it but so far I'm learning how to not be terrified of it lol. I need to figure out how/where I can find MW as a ringtone and get it. Also I need to know if Interference has an Android app and if it will cost me to d/l. I'm all about free apps since I barely know how to use them lol.

And yes, both kidlets are doing well. FroBaby is having some formula issues but we're working our way through them. And Lil' CK lost his 1st tooth on Friday as well! So the Tooth Fairy is now adding our house to her list. She left $2 for him Friday night and he was ecstatic about it Sat morning.

Am I missing any major U2 news? Other than Adam saying U2 is working on an album. Seems like someone is ALWAYS saying that so I have learned not to get 'too' excited...
Yay for new phones! Yay for everyone doing well!

@ Lil' CK being ecstatic... it's always cute when gets kid happy about something.

As far as I know, nothing is going on.
TaraCynara is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #574
Blue Crack Addict
 
flybabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sunglasses, USA
Posts: 17,062
Local Time: 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonsKitten View Post
Don't laugh, but Lil' CK bought himself copies of 80s-90s AND 90s-00s at WM for like, 9.99 each.

That's quite a deal, and I bet he was really happy. The WM's around here are very scarce when it comes to certain artists and it drives me crazy. I find all other artists, but NOT the one's I'm looking for. My next stop is going Target, and if I don't find them there, I give up.
flybabe is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #575
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonsKitten View Post
Am I missing any major U2 news? Other than Adam saying U2 is working on an album. Seems like someone is ALWAYS saying that so I have learned not to get 'too' excited...

But in this case it's Adam, it was during a radio interview for the "Walk In My Shoes" fundraiser and he also made a joke about Bono saying it'll "be in the shops tomorrow but I think it'll take a bit longer." Dallas also confirmed it in a note to a guitar company, praising them for their basses... Which makes me wonder if the Warwicks aren't going to be around next tour.
__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #576
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,737
Local Time: 08:19 AM
I need another day off.
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #577
ONE
love, blood, life
 
ClaytonsKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Posts: 12,741
Local Time: 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
That's quite a deal, and I bet he was really happy. The WM's around here are very scarce when it comes to certain artists and it drives me crazy. I find all other artists, but NOT the one's I'm looking for. My next stop is going Target, and if I don't find them there, I give up.
How do you feel about used cds? I find that used cds from FYE (music store chain in the mall) and BuyBacks (used cd place around here - it's a chain though) have pretty decent selections and prices can be alright.

And our WM sucks as well. They carry greatest hits collections and new(est) releases and that's about it. I want the new Pink Floyd collection but can't find IT anywhere. And I want all the artwork/liner notes or else I'd just find it online somewhere lol.

 
If you get desperate, PM me and I'll zip a copy of 90s-00s to you and email it. (I used to use megaupload, may it rest in peace.)
ClaytonsKitten is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #578
Blue Crack Addict
 
flybabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sunglasses, USA
Posts: 17,062
Local Time: 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonsKitten View Post
How do you feel about used cds? I find that used cds from FYE (music store chain in the mall) and BuyBacks (used cd place around here - it's a chain though) have pretty decent selections and prices can be alright.

And our WM sucks as well. They carry greatest hits collections and new(est) releases and that's about it. I want the new Pink Floyd collection but can't find IT anywhere. And I want all the artwork/liner notes or else I'd just find it online somewhere lol.

 
If you get desperate, PM me and I'll zip a copy of 90s-00s to you and email it. (I used to use megaupload, may it rest in peace.)
Used CD's, new CD's, I don't care I just want to tangibly build up my U2 collection. Having an iPod is great and all but I want the real thing. I've heard of FYE and thought many times about stopping there, if they have it I'm there.

 
Yes, may Megaupload RIP.
flybabe is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #579
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
GraceRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: in a humid place
Posts: 8,936
Local Time: 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
Used CD's, new CD's, I don't care I just want to tangibly build up my U2 collection. Having an iPod is great and all but I want the real thing. I've heard of FYE and thought many times about stopping there, if they have it I'm there.

 
Yes, may Megaupload RIP.
Amazon.com or eBay for used CDs. I got all my U2 DVDs there. And some of the DVD boxsets on Amazon.

THOUGH - I ordered a used copy for Red Rocks as I do not have it on DVD. The used store sent me the CD. Um, thanks but....I bought the DVD. That sort of chafed me yesterday.
GraceRyan is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #580
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,905
Local Time: 07:19 AM
flybabe, yeah, that is a pain, isn't it? I hope your search soon proves fruitful.

CK, good to see you in here ! Hooray for new gadgets as well! Have fun poking around with it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by U217 View Post
I do customer service via phone/email for a cool company, but some days are really hard. They tolerate me and my cube mate joking around all day, otherwise I don't think I could do it. We're still small enough that we can give fairly personalized service, so calls tend to go well most of the time. I hate giving in to nasty people but sometimes the only way to get them go away and stop being crazy is to give in. My boss and I have debated it hotly a few times - I think giving in is rewarding bad behavior and just encourages a world where the shitheads get what they want. He just wants happy customers. I try to reward the nice people as much as possible with surprise coupons off and indulge some chit chat. Some of the people who call us though, they're clearly disturbed and I'm still at a loss as to what to do with those calls.

 
Speaking of customer service - I got crap customer service from Edun. It was really sad!
I agree with you. I don't think rude people should get any service at all. If you don't know how to behave like an adult, I don't see why I should give you what you want. But I also do understand wanting to just get them out of your hair as quickly as possible. Either way, it's a lose-lose situation for the employees, it seems . It is hard to know what to do with some people (which is why training videos are always so laughable-they never factor in the customers that don't fit into their neat little "this is what to do/what not to do in x situation" scenarios. Life and work are not that simple and tidy, and people are not so willing to work with the "script" the training videos go through).

I think your rewarding nice people is a great idea. Especially the "chit chat" bit-customers will remember employees who engage them like that . Maybe even praise them to supervisors.

 
Sorry to hear that! What happened?


Quote:
Originally Posted by U217 View Post
The fact that I listen to U2 all day long through my ear buds when not on the phone probably saves my sanity, too. Something soothing about Bono's voice in my ear helps ease the trauma.
Lucky you. I wish I could do that at my job.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #581
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,737
Local Time: 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

I agree with you. I don't think rude people should get any service at all. If you don't know how to behave like an adult, I don't see why I should give you what you want. But I also do understand wanting to just get them out of your hair as quickly as possible. Either way, it's a lose-lose situation for the employees, it seems . It is hard to know what to do with some people (which is why training videos are always so laughable-they never factor in the customers that don't fit into their neat little "this is what to do/what not to do in x situation" scenarios. Life and work are not that simple and tidy, and people are not so willing to work with the "script" the training videos go through).

I think your rewarding nice people is a great idea. Especially the "chit chat" bit-customers will remember employees who engage them like that . Maybe even praise them to supervisors.
U217, as Angela said, I'm sure that you rewarding good customers goes a long way, and that those customers are very appreciative of what you've done for them, and the company in general. I know I would be. It's like good customer service is so rare these days, you really notice when you get it.

My job is very customer servicey, too.

 
I serve both the clients, and their customers. Both can be a little testy at times. The most awkward situation is where the two are at odds with each other, and I'm the middle-man. I have to empathize with the customer (which often their situations do merit empathy) while not dissing the client. It's a balancing act, that's for sure. I try to look at it as the customer being angry with the company or the situation, not me personally, even though I'm the one listening and on the receiving end. And I try to turn it into a challenge where, by the end of the conversation, I've won the person over, and 99% of the time, I do. It's a little like being a therapist, where my psych training comes in handy. But this line of work isn't for everyone, you can't take things personally.
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #582
War Child
 
U217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 802
Local Time: 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

I agree with you. I don't think rude people should get any service at all. If you don't know how to behave like an adult, I don't see why I should give you what you want. But I also do understand wanting to just get them out of your hair as quickly as possible. Either way, it's a lose-lose situation for the employees, it seems . It is hard to know what to do with some people (which is why training videos are always so laughable-they never factor in the customers that don't fit into their neat little "this is what to do/what not to do in x situation" scenarios. Life and work are not that simple and tidy, and people are not so willing to work with the "script" the training videos go through).

I think your rewarding nice people is a great idea. Especially the "chit chat" bit-customers will remember employees who engage them like that . Maybe even praise them to supervisors.

I hate giving in to people with bad attitudes because it's money out of the company that they don't deserve if we're doing a big freebie for them. And I don't believe that they'll stay as customers. I have had people I stood my ground with and they swear they'll never shop with us again and Tell The World, and then they're back again like nothing happened. And I really don't know what to do with the ones who are disturbed, which I can tell right from the first words out of their mouth.

I'm trying to create positive energy around me, so the more enthusiastic I am, the better the calls seem to go. I got crazy praise the other day - the lady even praised my boss for hiring me. Her voice mail got forwarded to everybody in the company by our owner. I spent the rest of the day walking around the office saying to people, "that's right, I'm awesome." My boss is pretty awesome, too. Sometimes on hard days I forget how lucky I am with this job. Have a hilarious cube mate, too. I keep saying we deserve our own show.



 
Sorry to hear that! What happened?



[/QUOTE]


 
It was just a stupid credit they were going to do, that ended p taking about four months, and they had slow response to email inquiries. It's like they thought of everything but the customer service side. I deal with the exact same issue as this was at least once a day, and can clear it from my desk in under five minutes. We have great tools (my boss is a programming genius) but I remember when we didn't. And it was still a five minute job. That kind of thing puts their whole operation at risk, if it's typical of how they do things.



Oh, and at this time, I'd like to announce my engagement to GraceRyan's profile picture. O...M....G....swoon.
U217 is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #583
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
GraceRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: in a humid place
Posts: 8,936
Local Time: 08:19 AM
My profile pic brings all the girls to the yard.....
GraceRyan is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #584
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,905
Local Time: 07:19 AM
*Dances*

Damnit, now that song's going to be in my head .

Quote:
Originally Posted by U217 View Post
I hate giving in to people with bad attitudes because it's money out of the company that they don't deserve if we're doing a big freebie for them. And I don't believe that they'll stay as customers. I have had people I stood my ground with and they swear they'll never shop with us again and Tell The World, and then they're back again like nothing happened. And I really don't know what to do with the ones who are disturbed, which I can tell right from the first words out of their mouth.
Oh, I've gotten the "I'll never shop here again!" speech . The funniest part is they think that's supposed to be a legitimate threat or scare us. All I can think when I hear people say that is, "You mean I won't have to deal with you again? Great! Bye !" But like you said, they're always the first ones back *Shakes head*.

Disturbed people are creepy. I remember co-workers coming up to me and warning me if a customer comes into the store that's been known to be a bit "weird". And one day I had to deal with someone who just came up to me and started a random conversation about god knows what. He got into something about Jon Voight and Angelina Jolie and I think some military talk or whatever, and I'd think I got away from him, only for him to pop back up and keep right on where he left off. Eventually I managed to distance myself from him, only to see him move on and chat with two people who I think weren't even 20 years old yet. It was really weird and sorta creepy. He wasn't touching anyone or anything, he was just talking, but still, the way he did it was...strange. I guess the best thing to do is to just keep an eye on those people and if things start looking really suspicious, notify security or your boss or something. I dunno. It's a tough call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U217 View Post
I'm trying to create positive energy around me, so the more enthusiastic I am, the better the calls seem to go. I got crazy praise the other day - the lady even praised my boss for hiring me. Her voice mail got forwarded to everybody in the company by our owner. I spent the rest of the day walking around the office saying to people, "that's right, I'm awesome." My boss is pretty awesome, too. Sometimes on hard days I forget how lucky I am with this job. Have a hilarious cube mate, too. I keep saying we deserve our own show.

 
It was just a stupid credit they were going to do, that ended p taking about four months, and they had slow response to email inquiries. It's like they thought of everything but the customer service side. I deal with the exact same issue as this was at least once a day, and can clear it from my desk in under five minutes. We have great tools (my boss is a programming genius) but I remember when we didn't. And it was still a five minute job. That kind of thing puts their whole operation at risk, if it's typical of how they do things.
LOL, hey, that's very cool ! I'm glad you have those people around to brighten up the day, and that you still have lots of good customers to help balance out the crap ones.

I remember after dealing with a really obnoxious customer who didn't get his way once (a guy who did the, "I'll never shop here again" thing), another customer came up to me and my co-worker and said, "I admire you guys for standing your ground like that. You had every right, he was in the wrong." It's kinda nice when customers stick up for you like that .

As for the credit thing you talked about, that sucks. If their technology isn't up to date on that, that's probably why (and I know what that's like), but if so, yeah, they should work on fixing that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by U217 View Post
Oh, and at this time, I'd like to announce my engagement to GraceRyan's profile picture. O...M....G....swoon.
Haha, hey, congrats to the happy couple, then !

That is a cute picture. Very much so.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #585
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2MaNaIcWeIdO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Posts: 29,231
Local Time: 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post
He's pretty, though.



I'm here, but I don't know if I'm alive.


*is having an upset stomach day*


I know how you feel...I banged my knee and elbow after I tripped on something after I put my laundry in the dryer.
__________________

U2MaNaIcWeIdO is offline  
 

Tags
achtung sexy!, avi marriage, good vibrations, liverwurst, paleo schmaleo, purple shades stays, reeses peanutbutter cup, uterus flinging, y u crash blue crack

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com