PGP: ARRRRRRR you ready for more rain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jears.gif

Cool :up: And LOL at the argument and unfollow!

I'll have to check it out!

Anyone know what time the U2 show will be tomorrow for the NA continent people? :hmm: We're going to Disneyland tomorrow so I won't be home most the day, but if the show is early enough in the morning I might catch it.

I had actually heard that Matt Good was...odd, lol. from people who had interviewed him. When I started tweeting him, yeah, he is. He made me roll my eyes a lot - to be fair, he suffers from bipolar disorder, I think it is...but yeah. Then he made his really "minimalist" (to be kind) website a subscriber pay site, and took away some of the free features and made them pay.

I have NO problem with people doing that, but geez, leave some stuff for non-subscribers. I was critical of that, then he whined about it being the only way for musicians to make money, since people download for free - which I completely respect, but I told him that as someone who has always paid for his work, it's kind of a slap in the face to be left with basically nothing on his site. Then he fudged about what exactly is free, and what isn't. Bleh. I was on the verge of disliking his music because of it, so I unfollowed him. That was several months ago. Now I can listen to his music again without "HE'S SUCH A DOUCHE" being the first thing to pop into my head. :lol:

I'm not quite sure how True Blood is a drama.

I mean, it's not comedy either, but it's soooo over-the-top.

And I swear I had no idea Stephen Moyer was British!

Ok I just ate way too much ice cream. Ug. :| I'll have to walk it off tomorrow at Disneyland.

I also have never seen many of these shows. Only Lost & Dexter :lol: (oh and Conan)

:hug: to the Lost fans.

May I suggest drowning your sorrows in some ZooTV Sydney? I just threw mine into the DVD player. :drool:

I had actually heard that Matt Good was...odd, lol. from people who had interviewed him. When I started tweeting him, yeah, he is. He made me roll my eyes a lot - to be fair, he suffers from bipolar disorder, I think it is...but yeah. Then he made his really "minimalist" (to be kind) website a subscriber pay site, and took away some of the free features and made them pay.

I have NO problem with people doing that, but geez, leave some stuff for non-subscribers. I was critical of that, then he whined about it being the only way for musicians to make money, since people download for free - which I completely respect, but I told him that as someone who has always paid for his work, it's kind of a slap in the face to be left with basically nothing on his site. Then he fudged about what exactly is free, and what isn't. Bleh. I was on the verge of disliking his music because of it, so I unfollowed him. That was several months ago. Now I can listen to his music again without "HE'S SUCH A DOUCHE" being the first thing to pop into my head. :lol:

:lol: That was a good move then.

I know. :( :hug:

(Sarah would hate me for posting this, but she's in tears right now.)

Aww :hug: I was nearly in tears too, but did start crying due to some sad news. My dad just called to tell me that a dear family friend died suddenly of a heart attack. He was such a dear wonderful man, and I'm just in shock that he's gone. The funeral is on Saturday, so I'm glad I'll be able to go.

I'm not quite sure how True Blood is a drama.

I actually wanted to ask you about that, because you mentioned that you watch it.

We've watched the first 10 episodes of the first season in the past few days, and....um...is it that great of a show (which I'd assumed from hearing people rave about it) or is it more of a guilty pleasure type show? At best, it'd be the latter, from what I can tell. Unless it gets better?

Aww :hug: I was nearly in tears too, but did start crying due to some sad news. My dad just called to tell me that a dear family friend died suddenly of a heart attack. He was such a dear wonderful man, and I'm just in shock that he's gone. The funeral is on Saturday, so I'm glad I'll be able to go.

Oh no! :hug: :hug: Poor thing, you've had your share of bad news in recent months. :( :hug: I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks girls :hug: This was just so out of the blue. It happened instantly, so he wasn't in any pain. His wife passed 4 years ago, and both of them were like surrogate parents to me. :heart: I last saw him in May, and he was completely fine and healthy. It actually happened several days ago, but my dad wanted to tell me over the phone, and not email, so he waited until now to tell me. I'm so glad he didn't email me that. I don't know how I would have been able to handle hearing the news that way.

Thora, I'm so sorry for your family friend. How awful.

VP, with regards to True Blood - def a guilty pleasure, like Desperate Housewives for the vampire set. I watched some of the 1st season (I think) and a bit of the 2nd but it got to be a little much for me. I felt like a fuddy-duddy. I'd say things like "They swear so much!" and "Really? More raunchy sex?" and I hated the way whatshername and whatshisname (the pretty blonde who played Rogue in X-men and the main vampire guy) talked to eachother. They had the same convo over and over, much like Twilight.

ugh. my grant applications are due on Sept 20th and I don't have a letter of assurance from King's College or The Globe yet. I'm kinda freaking out. I just sent out reminder emails but I think both of the ppl I need to get in touch with are on summer holidays. If I don't hear from them this week, I'll start making international phone calls, but I'm not sure it'll help, if they're not in the office. *bites nails*

eta: AAAAAAND my boss hasn't redone his part of the application yet either :gah:

eta again: Just got an "out of office" auto reply from my contact at the Globe. She's out until Sept 9th - :panic:

Thora, I'm so sorry for your family friend. How awful.

VP, with regards to True Blood - def a guilty pleasure, like Desperate Housewives for the vampire set. I watched some of the 1st season (I think) and a bit of the 2nd but it got to be a little much for me. I felt like a fuddy-duddy. I'd say things like "They swear so much!" and "Really? More raunchy sex?" and I hated the way whatshername and whatshisname (the pretty blonde who played Rogue in X-men and the main vampire guy) talked to eachother. They had the same convo over and over, much like Twilight.

:lmao: !!!! THANK YOU! I was like "how the hell does Jason Stackhouse get to have all the sex?? He's so greasy and icky." :shudder: And yeah...it's just....not that great. It's almost like "we're on HBO, so here's the obligatory rough sex/boobies scene." :rolleyes: Doesn't feel organic at all.

I actually used to watch DH regularly. It was kind of cool and unique, and then it became a cliche of itself. Now a couple of times a year when I'm bored, I catch up online.

There have been so many really great tv series on in the past several years that shows that aren't all that really stand out.

Zooey, your comments on Romi's facebook page made me laugh...nice switcharoo! :wink:

Thanks :hug: I'm so glad I have you girls, even though we're not able to see each other in real life. :love:

good that your dad waited so you could be in the phone/instant communication and hearing his voice

And this is exactly how I felt. It was good to be able to cry on the phone with him, and talk about it all.

Back
Top Bottom