PGP - are you too good to show us your bloopers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok if I'm even looking at the correct thing it says I have Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
System type- 64-bit operating System
the computer is a Toshiba Satellite (of loooove) ( :rolleyes: ) A505
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz

is that what I needed? Now you say google it? You mean google the speed of my burner? ( :uhoh: )

How on earth did you guys figure this stuff out? LOL!

Googling your specs, it says you have this dvd burner:

DVD SuperMulti drive with Labelflash® supporting 11 formats
o Maximum speed and compatibility: CD-ROM (24x), CD-R (24x),
CD-RW (24x), DVD-ROM (8x), DVD-R (Single Layer, (8x)),
DVD-R (Double Layer, (6x)), DVD-RW (6x), DVD+R (Single
Layer, (8x)), DVD+R (Double Layer, (6x)), DVD+RW (8x), DVDRAM
(5x)

I tought you only needed to burn the TS file and leave the bup, iso, ifo and vob file.

Iso files flub up things with more burning software i know.

I don't even know what macbook I have. Can't find specifics. It's not that old, 2008 I think.. and it's aluminium, not white, with keyboard backlight.

The entire day so far has been all Luau related. It was the best. thing. EVER!! Oh my god - some of the costumes?! :ohmy: :lmao: SO many incriminating photos. :D I think we easily win for the best BBQ of the summer. I guess it's not really fair, since we have all the creative people in my department. :wink: Pictures to come tonight. :love:

A lot of trial and error, unfortunately. I do go through a lot of blank discs when I'm using a new program or burning a new type of DVD, like a dual-layer.

Usually I will Google for instructions on how to burn specific things using whatever program you have (like "how to burn dual layer DVD with ImgBurn"), and that's been very helpful.

It sucks, and it's frustrating, and sometimes a little pricey doing the trial and error, especially when you can't figure out what the problem is. :(

THIS. :lol:

I have a few other freeware programs that will convert some file types to others that will work with ImgBurn. I think there are still a few file types I can't figure out. We'll see what happens with the YouTube ones.
Oh, okay. I haven't played around with IMGBurn enough to know what it'll do, like I said, I've only used it a couple times for ISO files, and it was great for those.

That's what I like about ConvertX, it's an all in one, where it converts virtually everything, except for ISO, which is a totally different thing, from what I gather (or maybe I just don't understand what an ISO is?).

I can't do HD. It took me two tries last week to do the DL, and using some online instructions and trouble-shooting, it worked!

I can't remember why I can't do HD - either it's because I don't have the right software to burn them, or because they wouldn't play in my DVD player or TV? I remember reading up on the files when the HD DVDs started showing up on U2Torrents, and had come to the conclusion that I just couldn't do it.

Plus, the files are huuuuuge, and they take a lot longer to download. So far, I haven't missed out on too many bootleg DVDs because of this, but I'm sure I'll reach a point where I'll go back to the drawing board to see what I need to remedy to be able to do them.

Okay, maybe I haven't downloaded an HD torrent yet. I should try one, and see what happens.

I put every file I downloaed in the torrent in. Everything in the video_TS folder.

Video_ts.bup
video_ts.ifo
video_ts.vob
vts_01_0.bup
vts_01_0.ifo

And more .vob files..

it said it was a dvd with little over 2 hours of material, which is correct. Also said it burned correctly, which it shouldn't if it didn't go well.

I just click on the video_ts.ifo file, and that automatically adds everything that needs to be on it. But I saw where you said you're not even sure if your computer is dual-layer capable. Your burner HAS to be dual layer in order to use dual layer dvds. Other than that, you can use ConvertX to burn a big file, one that would normally need a dual layer dvd, but ConvertX shrinks it down to fit a standard dvd. If you have any standard dvds lying around, I'd try that.

How old is your computer?

You guys are talking about Macs anyway, right? I should shut up and keep out of it - I'm a PC user. :wink:

I just got a text from GG , her mac just threw up the blue screen of death... WTF

My mom just sent me the weirdest package for my birthday.

I had told her in the past that I didn't have anything Packer-related, and while I'm not a huge football fan, it would be fun to have something with the logo. But my mom, bless her heart, can NOT be trusted to buy me things.

So I pull out two things from the box - a rather old-looking Packers shirt that's rather appalling, fashion-wise and a lumpy bag of ..... smooshed brains? No! Cheese curds in an air-locked baggie. Bless her heart. A care package from Wisconsin. Cheese curds are always welcome.

I called her, and was relieved to at least find out the shirt was just one of her old ones, she hadn't bought it. So it was a nice thought, but I'm feeling a little bitchy about my reaction to it. I can only hope that's not my actual present - one of my mom's old shirts. :lol: I'm kind of hoping my actual birthday present is following in the mail. :reject:

/ungrateful daughter

I just click on the video_ts.ifo file, and that automatically adds everything that needs to be on it. But I saw where you said you're not even sure if your computer is dual-layer capable. Your burner HAS to be dual layer in order to use dual layer dvds. Other than that, you can use ConvertX to burn a big file, one that would normally need a dual layer dvd, but ConvertX shrinks it down to fit a standard dvd. If you have any standard dvds lying around, I'd try that.

How old is your computer?

I'll try that tomorrow morning then. I have a few old dvds lying around... but their capacity is 350 MB. :doh: They're like 5 years old or more! Ugh I'll go buy some regular cheapo dvds somewhere tomorrow then.

It's a macbook, but seeing as there's no normal aluminium macbooks I think it's actually the cheapest Pro. I run windows XP on it though. Shouldn't be more than two years old.
And I just got a fucking blue screen of death. What. The. fuck. :|

Back
Top Bottom