PGP: Appreciating the men behind the boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I met one of the guys on the show I think his name was Dennis? He has tatts, gages, dreads, and I think he's kinda cute!

Bono can be behind me..hehe

The guy who plays Russell?? Denis O'Hare talks about strong relationships | The Vault - TrueBlood-Online.com

That was one of the best scenes in the series ever,
when he's carrying his lover's urn around, freaking out. :lol:

Vintage Punk A) I love your user name! B) True Blood is awesome!:wave:

Aw, thank you! :)

I haven't seen the new ep yet, waiting till this weekend.

Hey Vintage I meant Dennis from the U2 crew..sorry for the mix up! I'm actually torn between Eric, Bill, and Sam...lol I didn't really like Bill until last season. Who's your favorite? Thanks for the video :)

So... the car/cat dude just paypal'd me $80. :ohmy:

Omg!! Context???

I found a video! You have to skip ahead to 1:41. I have no idea what the funk is in the beginning. His name was Jason Kendall - King Kendall. And my friend and I thought he was so dreamy.

YouTube - ‪The Amazing Crowns "1965 GTO" music video‬‏

I get the attraction! :up: Awesome energy. Most people don't realize how closely related that style of music is to punk.

Hey Vintage I meant Dennis from the U2 crew..sorry for the mix up! I'm actually torn between Eric, Bill, and Sam...lol I didn't really like Bill until last season. Who's your favorite? Thanks for the video :)

Oh duh. :lol: With the True Blood talk, that's where my mind went!

So how did you wander in here? :) You've been around for a while with not that many posts, I see. Welcome to our little home!

Omg!! Context???

We were e-mailing back and forth a few times after he said he wanted to buy everything from the blog sale, and I offered the ad/promotion/whatever instead, but then I didn't hear from him for a couple of days and figured he changed his mind. Turns out e-mails had gotten crossed, I guess? Anyway, he finally just said "Oh well, let's just work it out later" and bam! Dollars. :huh:

I think that means I get to sleep more than 3 hrs tonight for the first time in like 10 days. :ohmy:

My favourite on the show? I don't know. I think toward the end of last season, I started thinking Eric is kind of hot. I kind of have a soft spot for Terry because he was on another of my favourite shows, Gilmore Girls. :)

I like how there's no mention of my car in that statement. :shifty:

How is your mom now? Hope she's better soon. :hug: And I totally get your decision. :up:

Oh, you might want to get your car checked too. :shifty:

She's doing OK right now, but still going through a rough patch. The bad days have outnumbered the good ones this month, unfortunately. :sigh: I did take her out the past 2 nights for dinner and drinks though. And I have the 4th of July off and so does she so I'm looking forward to spending time with her that day. :heart: I appreciate you asking. I also really appreciate everyone's good thoughts and love directed her way too. :)

BTW, I am considering a trip up to Toronto to see a B's-Leafs game. Just saying. :whistle:

Oh, and being slightly tipsy causes me to do stupid things. Like be polite to Tom when he messages me on facebook. :rolleyes: I'm not drunk enough to accept his friend request though. :up:

We were e-mailing back and forth a few times after he said he wanted to buy everything from the blog sale, and I offered the ad/promotion/whatever instead, but then I didn't hear from him for a couple of days and figured he changed his mind. Turns out e-mails had gotten crossed, I guess? Anyway, he finally just said "Oh well, let's just work it out later" and bam! Dollars. :huh:

I think that means I get to sleep more than 3 hrs tonight for the first time in like 10 days. :ohmy:

You can question his motives later, yay for sleep!!

Oh, you might want to get your car checked too. :shifty:

She's doing OK right now, but still going through a rough patch. The bad days have outnumbered the good ones this month, unfortunately. :sigh: I did take her out the past 2 nights for dinner and drinks though. And I have the 4th of July off and so does she so I'm looking forward to spending time with her that day. :heart: I appreciate you asking. I also really appreciate everyone's good thoughts and love directed her way too. :)

BTW, I am considering a trip up to Toronto to see a B's-Leafs game. Just saying. :whistle:

Hopefully she'll have more and more good days. :up: The weather has been so weird this spring, maybe when it gets more summery she'll feel better. :hug:

A new band are like a really poppy version of these guys. Gaslight Anthem.

I'll have to check them out.

Here's another great song of the genre. LOVE him. He's like the grandfather of rockabilly - punk.

YouTube - ‪Buddy Holly - Not Fade Away‬‏

OMG girls, your good vibes last night paid off!! After getting completely horrible news about my car last night and coming home devastated, I called today and it turned out it only cost me $120!!!!! : hyper: : hyper: : love: Well, plus the cost of the etest, plus the cost of my stickers!! But still!! Last night I had pretty much resigned myself to trashing my car, and becoming a bus rider, which is not a pleasant prospect because the transit system here sucks.

Anyway YAY!!! I was just over the moon happy today.

AND, the mechanic who did the work was totally checking out my rack. Wasn't even being subtle about it. :lol: And then he was staring at my from like 50 feet away. So after I left there and passed my etest, I got my stickers and went to pick up Sarah. She did a brave approach-a-boy thing the other day, and that inspired me, so I called the place that did the work, told them that the work they did today helped my car pass the test, and thanked them, and told the guy on the phone to say thanks to the tech for me. :shifty: I can't believe I did that. :lol:

Yay VP! :up: And yay for the cute guy! :D

So... the car/cat dude just paypal'd me $80. :ohmy:

WOO! :rockon:

My favourite on the show? I don't know. I think toward the end of last season, I started thinking Eric is kind of hot. I kind of have a soft spot for Terry because he was on another of my favourite shows, Gilmore Girls. :)

I don't watch TB, but who did he play on GG?

I went for fish & chips for dinner tonight. Hot damn were they ever awesome. VERY similar to what you'd get in the UK. I was impressed. :drool:

Okay, so the little dog I'm taking care of is so crazy this evening. :lol: He's getting into everything! :cute: :angry:

Yay VP! :up: And yay for the cute guy! :D

WOO! :rockon:

I don't watch TB, but who did he play on GG?

I went for fish & chips for dinner tonight. Hot damn were they ever awesome. VERY similar to what you'd get in the UK. I was impressed. :drool:

Okay, so the little dog I'm taking care of is so crazy this evening. :lol: He's getting into everything! :cute: :angry:

Thanks!

He was Zack, the one Lane ended up marrying. And on the GG boards on TWoP, he was known as PfTL (Pamie's friend Todd Lowe - I guess she knew the actor? :lol: )

I have had SUCH a craving for fish and chips lately. 45 minutes from me, on the shores of Lake Erie, are a bunch of restaurants on the beach that serve Lake Erie perch. Been wanting to get there to have some.

Crazy dogs. :cute:

Thanks!

He was Zack, the one Lane ended up marrying. And on the GG boards on TWoP, he was known as PfTL (Pamie's friend Todd Lowe - I guess she knew the actor? :lol: )

I have had SUCH a craving for fish and chips lately. 45 minutes from me, on the shores of Lake Erie, are a bunch of restaurants on the beach that serve Lake Erie perch. Been wanting to get there to have some.

Crazy dogs. :cute:

Ahh yes, "MFTL." :lol: I remember her writing about that all the time in her recaps. :lol:

Did I ever tell you that I got to meet her last summer? She did a book signing about 45 minutes away from where I live, but it's in the States. She's just as crazy and funny and sweet in person as she is online. :love:

Yeah, I had a craving too. When my friends left, they left me a hand drawn map of the area, with all the good eating places & bars listed. This one had several lines underneath and a note that their food was fabulous. They were right! :)

I just posted a picture of him on Twitter. :giggle: :cute:

That's my theory! It's still REALLY WEIRD, but at this point I'm too desperate to care!

:lol: Have you reached your goal yet?

Ahh yes, "MFTL." :lol: I remember her writing about that all the time in her recaps. :lol:

Did I ever tell you that I got to meet her last summer? She did a book signing about 45 minutes away from where I live, but it's in the States. She's just as crazy and funny and sweet in person as she is online. :love:

Yeah, I had a craving too. When my friends left, they left me a hand drawn map of the area, with all the good eating places & bars listed. This one had several lines underneath and a note that their food was fabulous. They were right! :)

I just posted a picture of him on Twitter. :giggle: :cute:

I remember you mentioning the book signing!

I read about your sushi and pizza. :up: I'll have to see the pic tomorrow. I have 465 tweets, and I doubt I'll catch up tonight. :lol:

Why can't it be Thursday? :scream: I don't want to go to work tomorrow. Didn't get home till nearly 8 tonight, and now I'm having a glass of wine, and I don't want to stop. :grumpy: Oh well. My supervisor gets frustrated with clients and about 86 times a day, she talks about bringing out the booze, and all we do is laugh, so that's almost as good. :)

I agree the guy that plays Terry is pretty cute! Well I don't have a job right now, I'm on the unemployment line, and I'm not in college till the fall so I have some time to spare. I love the band, and you guys are cool so I though I'd become more involved :up:

OMG THORA THAT DOGGIE IS SO CUUUUTE!!!!!! :cute:

3 of my 4 furbabies are cuddled to me right now. :heart:

:cute:

I agree the guy that plays Terry is pretty cute! Well I don't have a job right now, I'm on the unemployment line, and I'm not in college till the fall so I have some time to spare. I love the band, and you guys are cool so I though I'd become more involved :up:

This is a cool bunch in here! :)

Where are you from? Have you been to any shows this tour?

I remember you mentioning the book signing!

I read about your sushi and pizza. : up: I'll have to see the pic tomorrow. I have 465 tweets, and I doubt I'll catch up tonight. : lol:

Why can't it be Thursday? :scream: I don't want to go to work tomorrow. Didn't get home till nearly 8 tonight, and now I'm having a glass of wine, and I don't want to stop. :grumpy: Oh well. My supervisor gets frustrated with clients and about 86 times a day, she talks about bringing out the booze, and all we do is laugh, so that's almost as good. :)

It's like a culinary adventure for me right now. I love it!! :D

I don't want to go to work either. Half my department is taking tomorrow off too. I'll probably end up leaving early, since there will doubtless be nothing much to do with nobody around.

I've had NOTHING to drink at all this week. There's some rum in the house here, but I fully intend on going to the pub tomorrow night before I go to the movie and having a few drinks. :drool: I love that everything's in walking distance here. Such a nice treat!

OMG THORA THAT DOGGIE IS SO CUUUUTE!!!!!! :cute:

3 of my 4 furbabies are cuddled to me right now. :heart:

Aww! :cute: I don't really like dogs for the most part (had a BAAAAD experience with one attacking me as a kid that I've never really gotten over), but this one's pretty cute. I also am beginning to suspect I'm allergic to dogs. :uhoh: Oh well!

Here's the pic for anyone who doesn't want to go over to Twitter. :) yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/h3wexzalj Shared by sharon_e_b

Hi, and welcome! :)

Thanks Thora!

I'm from Michigan. I went to see them in Toronto twice in 09 and in East Lansing a few days ago. I'm sad because I want to see them one more time but can't afford it. Have you seen them on this tour?

It's like a culinary adventure for me right now. I love it!! :D

I don't want to go to work either. Half my department is taking tomorrow off too. I'll probably end up leaving early, since there will doubtless be nothing much to do with nobody around.

I've had NOTHING to drink at all this week. There's some rum in the house here, but I fully intend on going to the pub tomorrow night before I go to the movie and having a few drinks. :drool: I love that everything's in walking distance here. Such a nice treat!

Here's the pic for anyone who doesn't want to go over to Twitter. :) yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/h3wexzalj Shared by sharon_e_b

Why is the wine gone? :( Oh well, I stopped and got rum on the way home tonight for the weekend, I would imagine the liquor stores will be nuts tomorrow. :yikes:

Aw, puppy!!! Cute pic! :snuggles:

Welcome, DesiresFire! :)

OK, so I'm thinking of doing Moncton. :hmm: It's at the end of July, which gives me enough time to see how my mom does for the month health-wise. Plus, I would only be away for 2 days if I left on Friday and came back on Sunday.

BTW, I was thinking of just doing Toronto, but I just don't have enough time to see how my mom will be doing by then and airfare will probably go up. :sad:

Thanks Thora!

I'm from Michigan. I went to see them in Toronto twice in 09 and in East Lansing a few days ago. I'm sad because I want to see them one more time but can't afford it. Have you seen them on this tour?

Seriously?? Cool! You need to set your local time properly. :wink:

I'm actually in Brantford, about an hour SW of Toronto. I was there in '09 too!! And will be there (as will many of us) on the 11th. Many are going to Montreal too. I was supposed to, but I just started a new job at the end of March, and have almost no vacation time, boo! I'm using 2 of my 2.5 days for Toronto. After that, I'll have a half day for the next year, yay! :lol:

Why is the wine gone? :( Oh well, I stopped and got rum on the way home tonight for the weekend, I would imagine the liquor stores will be nuts tomorrow. :yikes:

Aw, puppy!!! Cute pic! :snuggles:

I don't know. :sad: I haz a sads. I'm sure the pub's gonna be nutty tomorrow, but if I go early enough in the evening, it might be fine. Plus, I'll be on my own, so I can probably get a seat up at the bar or something by myself. I'm gonna ask around and see if any friends want to come over, but since you have to take a toll bridge to get here, and most of my friends don't have the transponders you need so that you get the super cheap rate, I doubt I'll have any takers. We'll see, though.

As for shows, I went to Vegas & Vancouver in 09, Seattle two weeks ago, and I'll be going to Montreal2 next weekend. It's the most I've ever seen for one tour before. :lol:

VP, glad the good vibes worked! :)

.... I guess I have nothing else interesting to say. :lol:

Thora, going places alone like that is cool. Then you can have the whole "mysterious woman" vibe going. :up:

Thanks Cori! :) You're inherently interesting, you don't even have to say anything. :sexywink:

Gotta have a bite to eat, and shower. Might bbl, if not, talk to you all tomorrow. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom