PGP- Angel of Harlem--oh the torture of it all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:
SG.. :ohmy:

:drool: :drool:

This part is perhaps why you're one of my favourite writers. Such universal feelings and themes:

Sort of how I'm feeling tonight.

:eek: thank you. That means a lot. But I'm sorry you feel that way. Obviously, I have some idea what its like :grumpy:

CeeCee said:
I should be in bed by now... :shifty: I have to be at work at 1 and work till 9 cause of a stupid meeting.

But I figure, hey! At 2am EST it'll revert back to 1 am! I can go to bed then!

Yes! Stay up with me!! :drool:

Mucca said:
Where did you go tonight Fly?

I went to a Halloween get-together/party at a friend's house. :)

I think I'm going to call it a night though...I am exhausted from studying and all the stupid work today. More studying to look forward to tomorrow :|

Night everyone! :hug: :heart:

OMG, watching them all sing So They Know It's Christmas:...they all have lyrics sheets....the lyrics aren't that hard, people. :lol:

Bono also adlibs "let them know springtime is coming" :heart: :heart:

FlyYourKite said:

I went to a Halloween get-together/party at a friend's house. :)

I think I'm going to call it a night though...I am exhausted from studying and all the stupid work today. More studying to look forward to tomorrow :|

Night everyone! :hug: :heart:

Cool! Glad you had a good time!

Have good night Fly :hug:
Sweet dreams

OMG I have to tell you guys. I saw this jacket at Le Chateau today. It looked so much like Edge's leather jacket that he always wears except it this one didn't have the breast zippers. I was totally going to buy it but they didn't have my size :( It was such a nice jacket too!! :sigh:

OMG! A teacher from high school came into the store today! She was picking up her framing order, and she remebered me but I couldn't, for the life of me, remeber her! That's horribly embaressing.

CeeCee said:
OMG! A teacher from high school came into the store today! She was picking up her framing order, and she remebered me but I couldn't, for the life of me, remeber her! That's horribly embaressing.

That is. Did you find out who she was or did you just pretend you remembered her?

Mucca said:

That is. Did you find out who she was or did you just pretend you remembered her?

She said she taught Us History. BUt then US History never was my favorite subject. I was like Bono in Gaelic class. Always reading other books instead of the text book.

That's one of the main reasons we're Near Clones!! I have half your brain....dont' you remember me surgically removing it from you and giving you my half?? :lol:

CeeCee said:

She said she taught Us History. BUt then US History never was my favorite subject. I was like Bono in Gaelic class. Always reading other books instead of the text book.

:lol:

CeeCee said:

No! I don't! But it does explain that missing chunk of time...... :scratch:

I must've done it when you were asleep then....:shifty:

By the way...you were mumbling things about Mr. Clayton while I was taking your brain...I have it recorded and plan to mail it to him. He may find it very interesting :wink:

Mucca said:

I must've done it when you were asleep then....:shifty:

By the way...you were mumbling things about Mr. Clayton while I was taking your brain...I have it recorded and plan to mail it to him. He may find it very interesting :wink:

No fair! No mailing it to him unless it's gonna get me a hug or kiss or a date or a night in his bed with him!

CeeCee said:

No fair! No mailing it to him unless it's gonna get me a hug or kiss or a date or a night in his bed with him!

Oh I'm sure it'll get you all of that. I'd never do anything that would not help you get one step closer to him! That would just be cruel of me and I wouldn't be a very good Near clone if I did now would I?

ahh well.....I'd better get some sleep...Need to start my physics assignment :madspit:

Night girls!
Sweet (naughty) dreams :hug::heart:

Just caught up with the thread.

The other day, I was just thinking to myself, "Self, whatever happened to all the Pleba caps? Those were the good old days." And, now, here's SG, posting them again. :wink:

Happy b'day, SG.

So they played Angel of Harlem tonight? Damn!

VP, didja get my PM?

conan4_3.jpg

It’s been a long night, but well worth it, you think. An evening of schmoozing the spoiled rotten celebrities who are, unfortunately, a necessity in your line of work. Oh, they’re not all bad, you remind yourself. It’s just the ones who think their celebrity status means you owe them something. The ones who spend more on a handbag than many of the people in your old hometown earned in a year.

You slip out of your ridiculously shaped high heels, your feet sinking into the thick, plush carpeting as you move into the living room. You let down your hair and flip the light-switch off, preparing to relax for awhile before finding your bed and indulging in several hours of sleep. At least, with the party behind you, you can take a day off tomorrow. Suddenly, you realize you aren’t as alone as you’d thought.

You turn to face the couch and find him sitting there smiling at you, his eyes washing down the length of you appreciatively. He left. You know he left, you tell yourself. Yet, there he is, still wearing the leather jacket which you had helped him put on a short while ago, when he said he was leaving.

“What are you doing here?” You ask dumbly, your shoes dangling loosely from one hand, your other hand combing through your hair reflexively.

“I realized something.” He tells you, his posh accent as smooth as well aged whiskey.

“And that is…?” You ask, your heart pounding in your chest, the sound of blood rushing in your ears.

“I realized…” he says, smacking his lips as he pauses to shrug out of his jacket. “That you didn’t want me to leave.”

You feel as if the room is spinning wildly around you. You and he are the only two things which remain fixed in one place. Him on the couch, you standing a few feet away, staring at him in open mouthed surprise.

“Excuse me?” You ask, managing to sound offended by the insinuation that you had been flirting with him so boldly. How could he just come right out and say something like that? You may have found some enjoyment in the possibility of him remaining after the other guests had gone, but how could he know you’d been thinking that?

“No reason to apologize.” He tells you with a smirk, leaning back against the couch with an exaggerated ease. He rests one muscular arm across the back of the couch, making a perfect place for you to sit snuggled up against him. “I wanted to stay, too. Though, you might’ve made yourself a bit more clear. I wouldn’t have had to leave at all, if you hadn’t waited until you said good-bye to let me know how you felt.”

“I – What did I -?” You stammer, still shocked at his audacity. You want to be angry with him. You ought to slap him across the face, tell him to leave before you call security. You won’t though. Your whole body is alive with anticipation, just being alone with him this way.

“Now.” He says, cocking his head to the side. “Are you going to stand there awhile longer, or are you going to join me?” Without a thought you feel your feet move across the soft carpet, your hands let go of the unwanted shoes. You can’t speak, you can barely breathe; your chest is practically heaving by the time you’ve closed the distance. He watches you with half lowered lids, obviously interested in every move of your body. You stop in front of him, your eyes locking with his.

After a torturously long moment, he leans forward, a massive hand sliding around your waist to find the center of your back and pulls you down onto his lap. He lifts your chin with two fingers on the other hand and kisses you, almost chastely, on the lips. Your arms slide around his neck and your eyes flutter shut, but not before you see that smirk once more. His lips cover your finally, in a slow, sensual kiss full of promises.

Promises that he was not one of those selfish celebrities who you loathed. Promises that he was not leaving until you told him to go. Promises that you would need your day off tomorrow, because there would be little sleep for you tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom