PGP: ... also i wanna do Bono again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to our runners today! :cheer:
This.

And to add to the NFL meets U2 giggles, we've got Browns/Titans pre-game on and at one point, I could CLEARLY hear Streets being blasted through Cleveland Browns Stadium. Funny thing about that is that only a few blocks up the road is the R&R HoF. :giggle:
Clearly I should lay off the chocolate. :shifty:

Blasphemey :shifty:

Good luck to our runners today! :cheer:

this

Good morning, thread :flirt:
I'm doing everything I can to avoid grading these projects, although they MUST be done today... along with my Fulbright essay re-writes. Why am a procrastinating????

What I would rather do today? make cards, buy halloween decorations and go to the used book store

:sigh:

this

Good morning, thread :flirt:
I'm doing everything I can to avoid grading these projects, although they MUST be done today... along with my Fulbright essay re-writes. Why am a procrastinating????

What I would rather do today? make cards, buy halloween decorations and go to the used book store

:sigh:

Hey Zooey :wave: :hug:

PGP is the place for procrastination :wink:

Hey Zooey :wave: :hug:

PGP is the place for procrastination :wink:

I know this all too well (*is secretly glad they blocked it at work*)

Cool Tori cover - I don't really listen to her much anymore but I loved Little Earthquakes in college. (That's a funny statement because I went to college in San Francisco, home of the earthquake) :giggle:

You guys!!!!!!! :scream:

I miss this so much :sad:

PIT7-26-2011cpenyak172.jpg

(still uploading pics I haven't gone through yet... I'll be doing this for another month probably. :lol: I still have tons!)

I just crawled into an ice bath. I forgot how tough these were. The race was tough. I pulled a PW (personal worst ) at 2:50. My very first half marathon was 2:39. But I trained for that. So remember when I was griping about the rain. It cleared and it was hot which is worse. We were running roads that the sun was just beating down on us. I thought I might be able to pull at 2:30 before that. But I slowed to run with a new friend. You meet a lot of cool people running races. Then she slowed to get me past my hump. It was not pretty. Note to self - train and run more than once a week.

Incredible moment early on. It's mile 6 and we're coming up on the beach. Running To Stand Still from Zoo comes on. As Bono's getting to the 'hallelujah' a see a hawk soaring in the crystal blue sky. As the opening keyboards and cymbals of Steets start, I see the water. It looks like diamonds floating in the sea. It was really one of those amazing moments. Then....I found the portable toilets. Also a life saving moment.

I just crawled into an ice bath. I forgot how tough these were. The race was tough. I pulled a PW (personal worst ) at 2:50. My very first half marathon was 2:39. But I trained for that. So remember when I was griping about the rain. It cleared and it was hot which is worse. We were running roads that the sun was just beating down on us. I thought I might be able to pull at 2:30 before that. But I slowed to run with a new friend. You meet a lot of cool people running races. Then she slowed to get me past my hump. It was not pretty. Note to self - train and run more than once a week.

Incredible moment early on. It's mile 6 and we're coming up on the beach. Running To Stand Still from Zoo comes on. As Bono's getting to the 'hallelujah' a see a hawk soaring in the crystal blue sky. As the opening keyboards and cymbals of Steets start, I see the water. It looks like diamonds floating in the sea. It was really one of those amazing moments. Then....I found the portable toilets. Also a life saving moment.

:hug:

On the songs: awesome. *loves RTSS*

I did. I get my jacket which is what I worked for. And this is different from the marathon jacket I have. Any boob can buy that. This, you only get if you complete the trilogy of half marathon races. Gotta tell you, as I was listening to the opening of Streets I thought, I feel like a rock star. I'm 40 years old running long-assed races. Girl I ran with was 33. For about 5 seconds, I was very impressed with myself - I'm a mom, writer, runner - look at ME! Then I hit the wall and started thinking, "I paid to do this!!"

Ugh, my typing it worse than usual as I have no glycogen left. I refer to it as PRS. Post Run Stupidity.

Comet, I know what you mean. And for the record, Mr.Z feels the same way about Coldplay. I texted him that I heard a song at the bar on Friday afternoon and he wrote back "I miss them already" :cute:

GR, bummer about the PW. I'm really starting to worry about my race at the end of the month. I have my times posted for this race (it'll be my 4th time doing it) on my computer and I've improved drastically every time. This time I'm just hoping I'm not too too much slower than last year :sigh: Stoopid life getting in the way of what we love/want/need.

But yes, you are INCREDIBLE - 40, mom, writer, runner, wife, friend and probably other cool stuff too. Think of everyone who sat on their ass this morning. Or the people who say "I wanna do a half marathon some day" but don't do anything about it :whistle: :shifty: :reject: You rock!

:shifty:

I'm looking through a certain lj community's archive (*clears throat*), and came across something that just made me laugh so hard.

*hides* don't kill me for sharing... I just needed a laugh and this helped in that respect....

:shifty:

I'm looking through a certain lj community's archive (*clears throat*), and came across something that just made me laugh so hard.

*hides* don't kill me for sharing... I just needed a laugh and this helped in that respect....

This is NOT the first time that sign has appeared in this thread :giggle:

I haven't showered since Friday :shh:
In my defense, I swam yesterday and today

I showered Friday morning...and put off taking one this morning. Because I have 'plans' for one after Mr CK & I put the boy to bed in a couple hours. I only hope I can tear him from the Ravens/Jets football game long enough for said plans to take place. :shifty:
(He's not a fan of either team, but we need the Ravens to lose for divisional standing purposes...plus a few of the Jets are fantasy players of mine. :reject: )

Oh, and Tara:
I added you to my f-list on there...hope that's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom