PGP: ... also i wanna do Bono again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back briefly as it's still my off day (though I am a-scheming ideas for art, it's not homework art...)

I've got a huge wall we're allowed to paint on, in my room. Just sketched an idea...

muralidea.png

(there'll be color and coherence and stuff, I was mainly focusing on proportion...)

Of course, Ian Brown looking rather drunk may be replaced. At the same time, he'd be quite entertaining to paint.

I don't know when in hell I'll have time to paint stuff on the wall though. This is almost. Almost. Making me wish I was staying at school for break.

Husbands or cats? :wink:

Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me. Aren't we all supposed to have this overwhelming desire to become part of a couple? Meh, I'm very content on my own.

:wave:

GR: there are new Bono pics from Dublin today on that Wenn site, not sure if that means they are on getty too but I thought I'd give ya a heads up! I havent had time to check yet!

bonounicornrestaurantdublin9-30-20111.jpg

Husbands or cats? :wink:

Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me. Aren't we all supposed to have this overwhelming desire to become part of a couple? Meh, I'm very content on my own.

Both husbands and cats! :lol:

If something ever happened to MrPurrl, I don't think I'd be looking for another man. I think I could be very content on my own, too.

Omg, so incredibly thrilled for you!!!! : hyper: : happy: My best advice? try to relax and BE YOURSELF. I think when they get to the conversation/interview process, they've decided you have the skills, and they mostly want to know that you're not an idiot and that you'll fit into their company culture. If it's not a fit and you don't hear anything, you'd probably not be happy there anyway, and you'll find someplace better. With my interview, within two minutes I KNEW I'd fit in there, they were so nice and relaxed and we seemed to be on the same wavelength, and I was right. I get along incredibly well with my coworkers and superiors, and it makes for a great work environment. : up: Anyway, I'm rambling, good luck and keep us posted!! : hyper:

Oh yeah, not done rambling just yet. : wink: It does help to get an interview or two under your belt for a job you're really not that concerned about getting, to get comfortable with the process, but sometimes you don't have that luxury. I did have one sort of pre-interview at a temp agency out of town (for a position in my city, oddly). They seemed to like me and said they would recommend me for it, but then the company ended up going with someone internally. But they called me a week later for a data entry position out of town. It paid crap, and data entry makes me want to slit my wrists, so I declined. Not having a job and turning down a job was painful, even if it was a horrible job. But then a few days later, I got the call for the interview at the place I'm currently at, and I (mostly) love it. The pre-interview helped a little I suppose, but I went into my interview mostly cold, not having interviewed for years, and it went really, really well. :)

:blahblah: :blahblah: :wink:

Tara, so happy things went well for your dad! :)

And Cori, OMG, CANNOT wait to hear your stories, and the Dublin blues and musician friends all the rest!!! :hug: Btw, in the early 00s we were heavily into this band Great Big Sea Lukey Video - YouTube

(that's them with the Chieftans) and I almost got Sarah a bodhran for a birthday or Christmas or something. She has since come to the conclusion that despite wanting one desperately at the time, it's probably a good thing she didn't get one, because she would have played it twice and then let it gather dust. Speaking of which, anyone want a piano?

Thank you!! :hug: That's definitely good advice. I know I'll be nervous, but I've gotten better at being myself. I'm a LOT more confident than I was the last time I was job searching, and I know I come across as friendly and confident. I'll for sure let you guys know what happens. :)

And old-skool GBS ftw!!

So I'm home a LOT earlier than I anticipated. :lol: The event was great, and I think I'm mostly sober. It was just weird standing around by myself and I was TOTALLY under-dressed for the occasion. :lmao: Oh well. I found some fabulous new wines and beers that I'll be adding to my list of ones I enjoy, and I also found out about some AMAZING sounding cooking classes. I'm probably going to take at least one of them.

When I got back into the house, I turned on the TV for some background noise, and saw that Top Gun was on. :lol: I flipped to that channel, and it was right at the volleyball scene. :lol: Oh how I love this movie!

Hmm...a gay romp through Air Force training.

In a somewhat related note: I had 2 brother's go through Top Gun. One is 'overseas'. We don't know where. :sad:

In an unrelated note: Baby girl has a fever. It was 102. She rarely gets fevers. Poor thing.

Even more unrelated news: Cori landed in Seattle. She just texted me.

No need for you to be in a box about that, Tara. :) Nobody has exactly the same tastes.

Mmm... time for some chips and guac. Gotta get some food into me. There was nothing but cheese and crackers at the event. I'd been under the impression that there would be more food than that. Oh well. I made it home without incident, but now I need food so that my stomach will settle down a bit. :)

In a somewhat related note: I had 2 brother's go through Top Gun. One is 'overseas'. We don't know where. :sad:

In an unrelated note: Baby girl has a fever. It was 102. She rarely gets fevers. Poor thing.

There was a thread around here several years ago about this movie, and whether it was the gayest straight movie or straightest gay movie ever. It was SO hilarious. Definitely worth a perusal for the lulz. http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f293/top-gun-discussion-forum-177286.html

Oh, that's so sad. :sad:

Aww, poor girl. I hope it goes down soon!

And yay for cori being back home!

:lol:

:hug:

:hug: for the poor baby.

Yay for Cori!

No need for you to be in a box about that, Tara. :) Nobody has exactly the same tastes.

Mmm... time for some chips and guac. Gotta get some food into me. There was nothing but cheese and crackers at the event. I'd been under the impression that there would be more food than that. Oh well. I made it home without incident, but now I need food so that my stomach will settle down a bit. :)

Yea. I mean, I like Howard The Duck, and from what I hear, 99% of the world feels its the worst graphic-novel-turned-movie EVER. :shrug:

Food, ftw! Earlier, I made some spaghetti (big surprise, I know! :lol:), then I added some eggs, zesty Italian salad dressing, and parmesan cheese. BEST FOOD EVER. :D

Sorry, I'm really in and out :)shifty:) of here right now. Here it is

WENN Photo Library

:drool:

Someone needs to get these untagged.... especially that one of him looking at the camera...

RL Tom Cruise may be a weirdo, but I like him as an actor. I loved him in the War of the Worlds remake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom