Old 09-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:15 AM
I´ll just eat em if they dont behave
Old 09-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:15 PM
Hi all. So I got final word on my aunt's diagnosis this morning. After a month of tests telling her all sorts of different things, they now know it's stage 4 breast cancer and nothing else. She's starting chemo soon, and will have a mastectomy early next year. She's the most positive person I know, so I know that will really help her as she fights this.

Anyway, gotta think about more positive things. Like the wine and beer tasting I'm going to tonight! Our drunk driving laws were changed recently, so they're super strict now (i.e.: anything more than 1 drink will put you over the limit). I'm going to the event alone, so I'll have to just take tiny little sips of the stuff I want to try, and spread that out over the 3 hours. I looked into using one of the safe ride home programs they provide, but they're ridiculously expensive, unfortunately, so it's just small tastes for me. Oh well! There should be plenty of food there, so that will be fine.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Thora
Old 09-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAsi View Post
I´ll just eat em if they dont behave
Ooooo, goat steaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Hi all. So I got final word on my aunt's diagnosis this morning. After a month of tests telling her all sorts of different things, they now know it's stage 4 breast cancer and nothing else. She's starting chemo soon, and will have a mastectomy early next year. She's the most positive person I know, so I know that will really help her as she fights this.

Anyway, gotta think about more positive things. Like the wine and beer tasting I'm going to tonight! Our drunk driving laws were changed recently, so they're super strict now (i.e.: anything more than 1 drink will put you over the limit). I'm going to the event alone, so I'll have to just take tiny little sips of the stuff I want to try, and spread that out over the 3 hours. I looked into using one of the safe ride home programs they provide, but they're ridiculously expensive, unfortunately, so it's just small tastes for me. Oh well! There should be plenty of food there, so that will be fine.
Good vibes to your aunt, Thora.

Have fun at the tasting! Don't get drunk!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Local Time: 11:15 PM
Quote:

Your aunt sounds likes a very strong person. Sending prayers and positive vibes her way Keep us updated.

Have fun tonight!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier

Thanks, all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post

Have fun at the tasting! Don't get drunk!
I definitely won't be getting drunk. I don't feel like getting a massive ticket. I've managed to have a clear driving record so far, and I'd like to keep it that way. I figure as long as I drink tons of water and eat plenty of food, it will be fine to have small sips of the booze. It's a tasting event, so I'm meant to be just tasting - not gulping.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Thanks, all.

I definitely won't be getting drunk. I don't feel like getting a massive ticket. I've managed to have a clear driving record so far, and I'd like to keep it that way. I figure as long as I drink tons of water and eat plenty of food, it will be fine to have small sips of the booze. It's a tasting event, so I'm meant to be just tasting - not gulping.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

That's a much better diagnosis then before. my friend's mom had stage 4 breast cancer. I'm happy to report that she's alive 20+ years later.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
That's a much better diagnosis then before. my friend's mom had stage 4 breast cancer. I'm happy to report that she's alive 20+ years later.
That's awesome! Yeah, another aunt was diagnosed with cancer for the 2nd time a year and a half back, and they only gave her a few months to live. She's still alive, and has never been healthier or happier, so I know it's definitely possible to kick cancer to the curb.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora

Prayers for your aunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan
That's amazing.

I'm babysitting wild children...I think they've run off with a few fistfuls of my hair
Old 09-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Like A Video: The Fly
Old 09-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #59
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
Wow that's pretty impressive! Hope your aunt can do the same Thora!

hope I will too, when it'll happen.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Alright, I have to go. Need to start getting ready so when my mom comes home to take her medicine, I'll be ready to go back to the hospital with her.

I'll see everyone later.... except those of you who won't be here due to time differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Wow that's pretty impressive! Hope your aunt can do the same Thora!

hope I will too, when it'll happen.
Me too. *has a family history of cancer from both her mom and her dad's family, plus heart problems on both sides, and diabetes*

Tags
angry larry, bono do-over, golfer edge, invisible adam, pgp, return of the cowboy, u2