PGP: ... also i wanna do Bono again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a salad for dinner, now having a Blue Moon. :drool: Going to work on uploading more 360 concert photos too. :love:

:shifty:

I'm looking through a certain lj community's archive (*clears throat*), and came across something that just made me laugh so hard.

*hides* don't kill me for sharing... I just needed a laugh and this helped in that respect....

I know that lj community :shifty: and that sign never stops being funny :wink:

I know Thora just left but I wonder if she's doing the Beat The Bridge run in Portland. I've always wanted to do that one.

And GR has a run today too? :up:

:wave: y'all

No, I did the Great Columbia Crossing. It's over a CRAZY bridge - it's super long. More details below...

I paid jackpot for my EDUN scarf as well, but it's worth it. OMG it's SO soft, and long. :heart: And very warm. I love that thing to bits!

THIS! :heart: I love my scarf. I wore it ALL the time last winter, and am sure I will do the same again this year.

Good luck to our runners today! :cheer:

Thanks!!

I just crawled into an ice bath. I forgot how tough these were. The race was tough. I pulled a PW (personal worst ) at 2:50. My very first half marathon was 2:39. But I trained for that. So remember when I was griping about the rain. It cleared and it was hot which is worse. We were running roads that the sun was just beating down on us. I thought I might be able to pull at 2:30 before that. But I slowed to run with a new friend. You meet a lot of cool people running races. Then she slowed to get me past my hump. It was not pretty. Note to self - train and run more than once a week.

Incredible moment early on. It's mile 6 and we're coming up on the beach. Running To Stand Still from Zoo comes on. As Bono's getting to the 'hallelujah' a see a hawk soaring in the crystal blue sky. As the opening keyboards and cymbals of Steets start, I see the water. It looks like diamonds floating in the sea. It was really one of those amazing moments. Then....I found the portable toilets. Also a life saving moment.

Good for you for finishing! :hi5: And that's awesome about RTSS/Streets. :love:

I'm too tired to write out all the details, but I finished in 1:43, which is incredible, seeing as some idiot cut RIGHT in front of me, and I tripped over her heel trying to get out of her stupid way, and I slightly pulled a muscle. OUCH. So I had to walk a good portion of the way instead of running. There were tons of characters on the run, so that made me laugh. The best was a guy dressed as Waldo. :lmao: My music was good, the day was cloudy and slightly cool, and the wind was SO nice over the flat portion of the bridge. I was with a friend, but I told her to run ahead of me once I knew I was going to have to take it slow for the rest of the run, but I was totally okay on my own. If I hadn't had music, I doubt I would have been able to finish. That really kept me going. There is a MASSIVE incline, but it wasn't as horrible as it looked. It was tough, yes, but was definitely not as scary as it looked from far away.

So now I'm home, and totally beat. Driving 6 hours after running a 10k is very exhausting. My friend and I slept on and off for the majority of the drive home. Thank jeebus for her husband who didn't run, and was our driver for the weekend. :lol: I would NOT have been able to drive myself after all of that.

Anyway, I'll put some pictures up tomorrow. Thanks for cheering me on from far away! I thought of you guys several times throughout the run, and I remembered to cheer for you, Amy, as I crossed the start/finish lines. :)

Back from Five Guys. Here's what I don't get with that place and In n Out. It doesn't taste that much different than McDonalds :shrug: The fries were good but I like McDonald's fries too. I don't eat much fast food but it might as well be cheap, right?

I thought of you and hoped you were rocking your run. I know that running with a person helped and hurt. I would have pushed through mile 6-10 faster with my music. I stayed with her while she struggled and she kept me going mile 10-13 where I started to cramp upper GI and my muscles began to seize. Lesson here kids - train better than I.

Hola!

I was going to go to bed right away, until I remembered it's Sunday night, and there are 3 shows I watch this night. :lol: I could just watch them online tomorrow, but I'm curled up in my PJ's on the couch and am feeling nice & relaxed and cozy, so I'm watching TV. We'll see how long I manage to stay awake... :wink:

Back from Five Guys. Here's what I don't get with that place and In n Out. It doesn't taste that much different than McDonalds :shrug: The fries were good but I like McDonald's fries too. I don't eat much fast food but it might as well be cheap, right?

Yeah, I don't get the hype. But I really do not understand Red Robin. I like their seasoning, but they are no better than Wendy's and stupid expensive.

About the burger joints. I think In n Out has good burgers, probably the best I've had for fast food and they are super awesome as far as quality food etc. (just watch Sicy's video :giggle: :up: after watching that you feel pretty good about choosing them for fast food) BUT, I don't like their fries AT ALL. As far as 5 Guys I've only had their fries once and they were pretty good, the place was a fun atmosphere inside, but I've never tried their burgers. (Not a big burger person, I eat one maybe once a year if even that)

See my post further up on the page. :)

:doh: Gotcha! There's one there that I want to do called "Beat the Bridge" It's a reverse start (fastest runners start last) and you have to get over the bridge before they raise it!

Yours sounds fun too! And I LOVE Portland.

Yeah, I don't get the hype. But I really do not understand Red Robin. I like their seasoning, but they are no better than Wendy's and stupid expensive.

I used to wait tables at Red Robin.

About the burger joints. I think In n Out has good burgers, probably the best I've had for fast food and they are super awesome as far as quality food etc. (just watch Sicy's video :giggle: :up: after watching that you feel pretty good about choosing them for fast food) BUT, I don't like their fries AT ALL. As far as 5 Guys I've only had their fries once and they were pretty good, the place was a fun atmosphere inside, but I've never tried their burgers. (Not a big burger person, I eat one maybe once a year if even that)

I liked 5Guys' fries but it was really loud (and the AC was on waaaay too much) inside - we wound up sitting outside.
And yeah, I guess In n Out is "healthIER" than McD. But yeah, unless you're making it at home, a burger is a burger.

:doh: Gotcha! There's one there that I want to do called "Beat the Bridge" It's a reverse start (fastest runners start last) and you have to get over the bridge before they raise it!

Yours sounds fun too! And I LOVE Portland.

Wow, that sounds cool! We were in a town called Astoria, which is an hour or two away from Portland - this place is closer to the ocean. It's a weird little town. Not much to do there, so I'm glad we were only there for a night. Everything (except the restaurants) seemed to shut down at about 5pm, so we ended up just chilling in our hotel rooms after we'd had dinner last night. :lol: It was an EARLY night, which was probably a good thing, the night before a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom