PGP: *ahem*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ, ever think that some ppl just have no where else to go when they are under those orders? if you have no car, no extra money to stay somewhere, no relatives nearby in a safe area...etc.

During Hurricane Katrina, a wonderful blog by an American named John Scalzi came out about 'Being Poor', and it was mostly written as a response to "why didnt Katrina evacuees LEAVE"?
Being Poor – Whatever

My heart goes out to the entire East Coast and I pray that aid comes quickly.:heart:

Did you hear about the 50 houses on fire in Queens? Yikes. Did Bloomberg really deny federal help from National Guard?"0

That was mainly aimed at those ones who were on tele that decided not to move to relatives in safe places as they said it, just pisses me off, putting extra pressure on emergency people

and dont know about evacuation centres there, but here every household has a named evacuation place where they must go if anything happens, they even got supplies that will last a long time, whole country is fully supplied for over a year without need to import anything if anything bad happens

mainly it´s a reminder of our history with our eastern neighbour

We don't have something like that here either, but in case of major emergencies they gather people in big gym halls and there's plenty of food and water and beds and everything if needed.

Oh boy, this press conference is preparing people to face absolute destruction :sad:
Not sure if want to see helicopter footage soon as they take press with em too to barrier islands and along shorelines :sad:

Biggest relief ever.

Teacher mailed. I passed the calculus of doom. This means I have my degree.

I've no words to express how happy I am right now. yeah. I just cried. Because the past five years were a godawful struggle in which I found my true self, and my good and bad points, and it was a bloody hard time to get through. But I made it. Now I can finally start a new life, get a good job, get a place to live on my own.

And that huge aquarium I've dreamed about for years. :shifty: I will have my Angelfish.

Got any workplaces in mind ? and do you get the degree right away or is there a day when they give it to all students ? :hmm:

:D And hopefully you guys will have Obama again for the next four years!

:p Pff, if I ever get enough money to buy a car, it's not going to be a ferrari and it's not for you JJ. Ha.

I get it nov 21st. :) It's for all students indeed.

I've nothing in mind yet, but there's a lot of places that need lab people. Or, in my case, overseers for the lower leveled lab people. :p

came to mind about labs :lol::D

types-of-labs.jpg

Already voted here in Ohio (yay early voting!) so Obama has my vote and Mr CK's!

Lil' CK is so cute...he doesn't understand voting just yet - he thinks "we" as a family voted for Obama. He was going around yesterday saying "we voted Obama". It was precious lol.

Your vote is more important than mine. He's won this state even thought it is Former Mass Gov Romney.

YAY Gg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tumblr_lyu21eCCuy1qm911r.gif

This drink is for you
tumblr_mb8uukTdIp1r5lcs1.gif

and so is this one

tumblr_lpxufuMDFl1qbj805o4_250.gif

I don't know if we're fb friends or not, but Mr.Z and I were Morticia and Gomez Addams one year, and there are pics on my fb.

I'm so bad about fb, I'm rarely there. So I don't know if we are either! :reject:

doing good tara...thanks :hug:

winds are slowing down. By tomorrow will be 40-50 mph gusts (vs 75 - 90!)While I won't go out I won't really be worrying about wind debris damage to my windows.

Oh, good.

:lol:

Biggest relief ever.

I've no words to express how happy I am right now. yeah. I just cried. Because the past five years were a godawful struggle in which I found my true self, and my good and bad points, and it was a bloody hard time to get through. But I made it. Now I can finally start a new life, get a good job, get a place to live on my own.

And that huge aquarium I've dreamed about for years. :shifty: I will have my Angelfish.

:yippie:

came to mind about labs :lol::D

types-of-labs.jpg
:lmao:

:drool:

Ha dibs on the bottom guy.

:shifty : Or would he end up being the top guy.....

FTW

Glad you're doing ok, everyone I know on the East Coast.

Did you hear about the 50 houses on fire in Queens? Yikes. Did Bloomberg really deny federal help from National Guard?"0

Grace how are u? i haven't got through all posts yet so maybe i'll know in a min or so. :hug:

as far as i know he didn't accept FEMA aid! :mad:
haven't quite thought through in detail what that might have meant in actual practical actions (very tired..brain sleepy) Fema "in place" so threy can move in after storm is over....i don't know whether they go into action during storm.

yeah :( as i said in LS
besides the the anguish of the residents....the firefighters who couldn't go in earlier to help because of unaccessabilty.

Biggest relief ever.

:yippie::yippie::yippie::beer: yay, GG! Sooo great!

Already voted here in Ohio (yay early voting!) so Obama has my vote and Mr CK's!

Lil' CK is so cute...he doesn't understand voting just yet - he thinks "we" as a family voted for Obama. He was going around yesterday saying "we voted Obama". It was precious lol.

that is adorable !!! :lol::cute:

So glad you did votte early! thanks!
In NYS you can't vote early unless you have a vailid excuse as to why you can't on the actual day.

Luckily my state has early voting so you KNOW that Mr CK & I took advantage of that!

And Grace, vote even though your state isnt "important". 537 votes was the difference between Bush and Gore in Florida's fuck-up recount in 2000. NEVER FORGET WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN!! Every. Vote. Counts.
ALWAYS.

:cute:

You're raising him well. We've still got some time with early voting here-maybe this week my mom and I might go out and do that.

Ha dibs on the bottom guy.

:shifty: Or would he end up being the top guy.....

:giggle:

Congratulations on passing your class, by the way :applaud: :dancing::yippie::happydance:! That's excellent news.

I can't multiquote on my phone... :grumpy:

YAAAAAAAY GG!!! :yippie: :yippie: :yippie: That's brilliant news, super happy CONGRATULATIONS to you!!! :D :hyper: I'm really happy for you. :up:

And Tara, I think we have discussed the fine Mr Tennant before... and with kittens involved it could hardly be better. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom