PGP: *ahem*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
peeks around

:sigh:

bbL

i'm ok, it's just no ones here.

It coldish and dark, not indusive for
skipping about around town these days! :D

I'm here! I just finished posting about my new obsession in the Spank thread. Just a guitarist I've known about for a good 23 years but never once paid a single ounce of attention to. :der: :reject:

peeks around

:sigh:

bbL

i'm ok, it's just no ones here.

It coldish and dark, not indusive for
skipping about around town these days! :D

:hug: Thanks for your recent text. Miss you and Zooey and the others I haven't talked to in ages, and hope you're well! Also, yay awesome election result! I was so tired at work the next day. :)

Hang in there...spring will be back before we know it. :)

:hug: Thanks for your recent text. Miss you and Zooey and the others I haven't talked to in ages, and hope you're well! Also, yay awesome election result! I was so tired at work the next day. :)

Hang in there...spring will be back before we know it. :)

:ohmy:

I missed a VP sighting??!!! :( :hug:s

HI ya hon-- i hope that if things aren't so good, that at least you've got the strength to plod along. My best to your family hope they are well. :hug:

Glad u got my text.
W0000T, yeah! Thanks fort checking in on your friends from the south! : D

Doing pretty good : )

yeah, i was thinking yesterday well it's only 4 months to :happy: ~** Spring **~ :happy: again! In the sense that we are swinging towards it.

Hopefully at some point we'll see you back here too!
Zu has been very extra busy, but maye a bit less so very soon bc this semester's thearter project is i belive soon over!

and omg LOL i remember you, dis, bri and i maybe dg
talking about the upcoming election in 08? maybe 04 about someone setting off fireworks if the Dems won... and we might see from way afar because ni'd be so big....or we'd crossover the border to join in the Celebration!

:)

I left here a few months ago because I didn't really like the direction the thread had taken...there was a bitchiness that hadn't been present earlier. And i know that's the reason some other old timers don't post, too. But you know what? Bri and Dis may have started the thread, but I followed (I Will Follow, heh) only a few weeks later, and I helped build it, along with many others. So no matter what, I doubt I'll leave completely, I'll still pop in from time to time to talk to old friends. :hug: In the meantime, I'm on Twitter, and you have my number and email address. :hug:

I actually smiled upon seeing you pop in here, VP :wave:! Been some time indeed-sorry to hear about some of the things that seem to have put you off, but hope you do still manage to pop in as often as you can/want to, though, even if just to say hi.

*One more step towards joining Twitter*

I may have to rent it soon, just to be able to watch it again.

Sounds like a good plan.

I know! It's amazing how much Disney got away with even until early 2000s, but they can't get it past kid-censors nowadays! :ohmy:

Like Beauty & The Beast, The Lion King, The Hunchbck of Notre Dame... people talk about how innocent Disney was/is, but have they ever actually thought about where those tales came from?

YES. Inspired by a lot of fairy tales of old, and those stories did not fuck around. They were often creepy and tragic and warning us against the evils of the world, no "happily ever after"s here! I seem to recall reading a version of "The Little Mermaid" as a kid that ended with the mermaid...staying above ground, I think, but losing the use of her legs, or something like that, so she just had to sit and watch from afar as the man she loved went off to be happy elsewhere. Very depressing story.

In some ways I kind of like it that children's movies/stories don't sugarcoat things for kids sometimes. I definitely get why parents are wary of children's entertainment that does things like that, because of how scary and sad it can be and all that, but hell, given the way some kids actually do grow up, this can't be any worse than what some of them tragically encounter in the real world. Plus, done right, a movie or book dealing with these issues can show they trust a child's intelligence and ability to handle tougher subject matter.

I want that book. It's freaking $88, though. :sad: He did an amazing photoshoot of Amy Winehouse, and that article says some of those pics are in the book...

Oooh, yeah, that's a steep price tag. Bummer. I hope you can manage to get it at some point, though, either as a gift or if you save up the money or something. I know that temptation, oh, believe me, I know.

I find it interesting that he crossed paths with Winehouse at one point, for some reason. But yeah, that would be quite the shoot to check out the results of, I'm sure.

I actually smiled upon seeing you pop in here, VP :wave:! Been some time indeed-sorry to hear about some of the things that seem to have put you off, but hope you do still manage to pop in as often as you can/want to, though, even if just to say hi.

I actually read, though didn't participate in, the FYM election thread. I let out a whoop of victory for all of us. :) Though I am an avid follower of Nate Silver, and having taken a shit ton of stats classed in uni, I completely get where he's coming from, and so wasn't concerned at all, till election night, and then I didn't relax till Ohio was called. :lol: I really enjoyed reading your posts though, and if you ever decide to join Twitter, I'm not hard to find. :)

I left here a few months ago because I didn't really like the direction the thread had taken...there was a bitchiness that hadn't been present earlier. And i know that's the reason some other old timers don't post, too. But you know what? Bri and Dis may have started the thread, but I followed (I Will Follow, heh) only a few weeks later, and I helped build it, along with many others. So no matter what, I doubt I'll leave completely, I'll still pop in from time to time to talk to old friends. :hug: In the meantime, I'm on Twitter, and you have my number and email address. :hug:

i do know that's the case with one ofcour mutual friends (who i owe a e-m to :reject: been so busy catching up on activites, places etc as i'm etting better, then all involved in the election etc

well i proudly mention "Our Founding "Mothers" and the rest of "the old school" gang from time to time! :applaud:

I don't know how you are with it now but i'll trying e-ming you cheaper than texting!

Glad you'll stop in from time to time. :)

1> i second ML's comments

2> :lol: i was thinking about joining twitter a few days ago-- i remember you VP talking about some of the people you follow on twitter.

i was thinking for me not so much about my tweeting altho i might tweet about my art-making -- MORE to get cool tweets from well-kn really interest me, and some famous people too, whether they tweet, or have a rep do it for them!
And there's always Edge's photos in the future, too! :hyper:

I have to join fb in order to keerp up with some other people and part of my family!

VP :wave: :hug:sss
i'll try e-mailing you in the next week or so. thanks for stopping in! :happy:

I actually read, though didn't participate in, the FYM election thread. I let out a whoop of victory for all of us. :) Though I am an avid follower of Nate Silver, and having taken a shit ton of stats classed in uni, I completely get where he's coming from, and so wasn't concerned at all, till election night, and then I didn't relax till Ohio was called. :lol: I really enjoyed reading your posts though, and if you ever decide to join Twitter, I'm not hard to find. :)

ah so that was that distant whooop from The North I heard! :D

Hi VP! :wave::hug:

YES. Inspired by a lot of fairy tales of old, and those stories did not fuck around. They were often creepy and tragic and warning us against the evils of the world, no "happily ever after"s here! I seem to recall reading a version of "The Little Mermaid" as a kid that ended with the mermaid...staying above ground, I think, but losing the use of her legs, or something like that, so she just had to sit and watch from afar as the man she loved went off to be happy elsewhere. Very depressing story.

In some ways I kind of like it that children's movies/stories don't sugarcoat things for kids sometimes. I definitely get why parents are wary of children's entertainment that does things like that, because of how scary and sad it can be and all that, but hell, given the way some kids actually do grow up, this can't be any worse than what some of them tragically encounter in the real world. Plus, done right, a movie or book dealing with these issues can show they trust a child's intelligence and ability to handle tougher subject matter.
Have you ever read the original versions of Grimm's fairy tales? Those are some creepy stories!

Oooh, yeah, that's a steep price tag. Bummer. I hope you can manage to get it at some point, though, either as a gift or if you save up the money or something. I know that temptation, oh, believe me, I know.

I find it interesting that he crossed paths with Winehouse at one point, for some reason. But yeah, that would be quite the shoot to check out the results of, I'm sure.
I may get a used copy at some point off of B&N.com or BAM.com :shifty:

Oh, cool, yeah, the discussion there was quite interesting at times. Figured you would approve of the results :D.

I heard about Florida fucking up again with its voting count and that just made me all the more apprehensive-I didn't follow Silver, really, and I had a feeling Obama would still win, but Romney got quite the uptick in support for a time there and some of the anti-Obama rhetoric was so strong, so the fear always hung in the back of my mind. It was around 9 pm or so on election night, I think, when I first thought, "Phew, okay, we'll be fine."

Silver's kind of the golden boy right now, isn't he? I'm not a statistics expert at all, but still, he sounds interesting and I may have to check him out a bit more, I think.

Thanks for the comment about my posts, and I'll certainly keep that in mind. Should I join Twitter I can't say I'd post much-who knows, we'll see, but I'd certainly be reading a lot of what you and anyone else I followed said.

I have to join fb in order to keerp up with some other people and part of my family!

I am, however, on that site, and been slowly working on remembering to post there a bit more often. So yes, join if you wish! We can perhaps try and chat a bit more regularly there or something.

Have you ever read the original versions of Grimm's fairy tales? Those are some creepy stories!

I probably have, yeah-I know I read some dark fairy tale stuff back when I was a kid, but it's been ages. Kinda curious to go hunt down a book of those kinds of stories again now, see it through adult eyes.

I may get a used copy at some point off of B&N.com or BAM.com :shifty:

Ooh, there you go. Good idea :up:. Good luck with the search for that!

I just went to the store and bought a Hostess Cherry Fruit Pie and ate the whole thing. :reject: I usually NEVER do that, but :drool: it was good. :shifty:

Footie day and no sport channels

tDiiG.jpg

I just went to the store and bought a Hostess Cherry Fruit Pie and ate the whole thing. :reject: I usually NEVER do that, but :drool: it was good. :shifty:

I NEED to find an Apple Pie. Anyone remember the pudding pies? God, they were so bad yet to good.

Hi VP. Welcome back. I think a lot of people have been busy.

Twinkies = :barf:

:crack: Went to Apple today because my iPod wasn't always turning off. The guy went to give me my replacement iPod and that one had the same issue with the on/off button. :| So they sent their broken one in, ordered me a new one, and then sent me home with my broken one. My new one should arrive sometime this week and then I'll have to go back to the store to exchange. The issue here is, and the guy was kind of laughing at my reaction, it probably won't get to the store until Friday because they're closed for Thanksgiving on Thursday. So yeah. If I want my new iPod I might have to go into the Apple store on BLACK FRIDAY :scream: My iPod works just fine so I can still use it this week at the gym. The problem with it is I can't always get it to turn off when I want to so sometimes it's still playing and then the battery dies so then the next day I'll get to the gym and it's dead. It took me a few weeks to figure out that it wasn't turning off and that's why I was having to charge it so often. I do have another iPod that I use with my alarm clock that I could use it for the gym if needed but it's an older Nano without the clip so I'd have to carry it. Not sure I want to hold something while running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom