PGP: *ahem*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off tomorrow. Wasn't too happy about losing the hours, along with also having a shorter day today, but now that it's actually here I'm super excited about sleeping in and then going shopping! :) Just need a few random things and also have to go to the cake decorating store for one of my jobs. It's always fun going there when I know it's not my money :D

This means I can stay up late and read more Scar Tissue. Anthony Kiedis used to be one sad, sad messed up dude. This book has not been an easy read.

Religious people make me run screaming from "god," but looking up lyrics to 40 in the Bible got me sorted out spiritually. Bono is a good example of somebody living their faith well and not hurting anybody with it.

I've no problem with individual religious people. Most of the ones I know are also good representatives of their faith. It's the organized aspect of it all, the outdated ritual and beliefs about how society should be run, the higher ups' bizarre control and hold on their followers (and sometimes their town/state/country at large), that sort of stuff, that bothers me the most. And then of course if religious people are trying to push their beliefs on me or others, then I don't like that, either.

But on a personal level, it doesn't matter whether or not I personally understand or believe in whatever faith someone else follows. Whatever makes you happy and helps you through tough times and all that is fine by me :).

I'm off tomorrow. Wasn't too happy about losing the hours, along with also having a shorter day today, but now that it's actually here I'm super excited about sleeping in and then going shopping! :) Just need a few random things and also have to go to the cake decorating store for one of my jobs. It's always fun going there when I know it's not my money :D

This means I can stay up late and read more Scar Tissue. Anthony Kiedis used to be one sad, sad messed up dude. This book has not been an easy read.

Hooray! Enjoy your day off and have fun on your shopping trip.

I know we've had that book at our store before-may have to skim through it sometime, I bet it would be indeed be one hell of a read. Most celebrity memoirs are often really depressing, unfortunately-some people have some fucked up lives to start off with, and then fame and celebrity just makes it that much more insane. Hopefully he's in a better place in his life now.

VeSc4.jpg

jj! :lol::cute::lol:

i hear ya, comet! :hug: Like me deciding to give up
my War tour concert ticket! :|

Hooray! Enjoy your day off and have fun on your shopping trip.

I know we've had that book at our store before-may have to skim through it sometime, I bet it would be indeed be one hell of a read. Most celebrity memoirs are often really depressing, unfortunately-some people have some fucked up lives to start off with, and then fame and celebrity just makes it that much more insane. Hopefully he's in a better place in his life now.

his issues started very young. His dad left for Hollywood when A was very young. He was a wild kid that got into trouble a lot so his mom sent him to live with his dad. His dad was a drug dealer and slept with a different girl every night. By the time Anthony was only 12, he was smoking pot with his dad daily and sleeping with his dad's girlfriends. Somehow he managed to graduate from high school even though his dad kicked him out at 16 and he was a huge drug addict. The strangest thing about the whole book so far is, and I can't find much info on it outside of the book, but apparently his dad, who was also an actor, was close friends with Sonny Bono. So Anthony spent time with Sonny and Cher while he was a kid. Sonny even let Anthony use his address as him home address so he could go to a better school. I'm at the point in the book now where he's about 26 and Hillel Slovak just died from heroin. It's so shocking that Anthony made it with all of the poison he put into his body.

His dad was a drug dealer and slept with a different girl every night. By the time Anthony was only 12, he was smoking pot with his dad daily and sleeping with his dad's girlfriends.

Good god, that is deeply fucked up on so many levels.

Interesting story regarding Sonny Bono there-that's kinda neat about the whole "getting him to a better school" thing.

I can't imagine what it'd be like to lose someone so close to drugs the way he did with Slovak. How awful. Heroin sounds like some of the nastiest shit in the world, I do not for the life of me understand why anyone would go anywhere near that stuff.

well first...

here was my Election day evening & night (from FYM) :)

anyway I went to vote at the "wrong" time when people hit the polls after work
stood in line in the dark and cold 10 plus degrees below average) for 3 block stint for 1 1/2 hrs. Then like 30 mins just to inch (at least INside!)down a long hallway to finally get to a fairly tiny room where people were sort of snaking in between each other for the different districts.

This was in a big housing complex. I got there around 5:40 and was by the bus stop ( 2 blocks away) at 8:35

i've always voted in a school -gym or auditorium- a biggish space- either before regular work hours were over or between 7 -8:45PM (polls here close @ 9P ). maybe the biggest line i'd been on was ?20 mins! :lol:

So instead of being able to walk back home to grab my camera-- i headed down to "Democracy Plaza"/Decision 2012 aka Rockefeller Plaza skating rink area above it hosted by NBC & earler in eve MSNBC Some of your caught a glimpse of that. if i went back home and back up to get to the bus i thought i might miss too much at that point

Tho i had a little transitor radio w me i didn't turn iut on- descided to wait till i saw the blue/red EC numbers ribbons. I swung in on the Romney side . It looked like he was leading by some, thern i realized i was looking at it at such a sharp angle it might not have been so bad.
I was right-- but i missed all the scarey numbers v rom earlier.. i saw the 163 R 162 O

We know what happened suddenly when califonia kicked in etc
the
they actually hauled Pres Obamas # sign to too close to the window area where the magic 270 was. There was this too little space to display change stuff after the ? 243 result

suddenly after the next 2 or 3 results i looked away for a sec, and started to hear the intake of breath from the crowd. I swung my head up and there was the 274! I blinked, gasped, almost started crying then cheered w the crowd. but it was so sudden....that i thot oh is that the right number? :huh: Even as i intellectually couold see it was above 270!
I believed it 90% of the way...but really not completely till the conseccion/acceptence speeches!

Then here was even more fun-- while waiting for Mittens I noticed a brightly lit corner area off the southside of the south end of the big building. At this point the # was 290.
More excitingly it look like people could go inside!:ohmy::hyper:

It turned out to be The MSNBC Experience place. Stood around listening to to the panel talking, picked up some buttons. Finally as some people came downstairs we could go upstairs. Itwas where an audience can watch on big screen with reg chairs, tables, and big cushy chairs "the morning Joe " show. got a free latte w an Donkey on top of the foam

sitting outside the big area after someone got up the woman talking suddenly stops mid-setence saying "this is from just few seconds ago from the AP "the Call has been made" !(!!!finally) Was able to get inside and wait there, sit down and got to see Pres Obama's speech!

it was great time!
Just sooooooooooooooo grateful it turned out this way!

stayed in today had no desire to fuss with any snow/ice
mostly on-line... some cleaning to work on, and start my first knitted or crochetted cowl, and maybe a bit ore on a small (size) Artist book

tomorrow will be in the low 50's so by the time i get out the
stuff will have all melted away!!!

Cool election story, Dazz! That's awesome that you actually got to get inside and hang out at the MSNBC Experience thing-not a bad way to spend the evening, I'd say.

As for the weather, yeah, I heard about the snow you guys got out there. You just haven't had the most fun couple of weeks lately, have you :p? If you don't want that snow, as always, I'll be glad to take it off your hands :D.

:huh: for some i'm having trouble posting here the 20 mins or so

Cool election story, Dazz! That's awesome that you actually got to get inside and hang out at the MSNBC Experience thing-not a bad way to spend the evening, I'd say.
thanks! :)

It was cool to be back at Rock Center's Decision event since thing's didn't sync togerther with my sis ( & her friend's).
And deff a nice little twist at the end. She picked up the NYTimes for me since i wasn't going out today!

i didn't know they had a MSNBC place. course it makes sense that they do.
i got the impression from her it was a falrly reccent set up. Don't know.

the best other election experinces were being down there at RC for 2008

AND for the FIRST Clinton/Gore Caampaign -i'd volunteered for a variety of stuff envelope stuffing, faxing, phone book research, offered i was an artist painted signs and one big banner for them for an Upper West Side ally only i was gertting sick wsith a really BAD sinus infection...and ended up being too sick to go to the rally ! :(

BUT i got to be on the decorating committee at the Grand Ballroom of
The Sherton Hotel in midtown for Election eve/night. Amd then we got go stay! wow also sooo exciting!

As for the weather, yeah, I heard about the snow you guys got out there. You just haven't had the most fun couple of weeks lately, have you :p? If you don't want that snow, as always, I'll be glad to take it off your hands :D.

scarey, frustrating, but i have a home, no broken windows aned power the whole time so waaaaaaaaay better than than that whole group of much more baadly affected people in different ways!

All of that sounds very exciting indeed. I've often thought before about trying to get in and be a volunteer at something like that for an election. Maybe in 2014 or 2016 I'll try and look into that a bit more.

This is very true! You did get off lucky there. I hope everyone's rebuilding efforts and such are going okay out there.

the power companies .... seems some are going too slowe, the new storm dumped some inches of snow on these beleaguered people and their areas, about 2 days ago at least half of New Jerseyians affected got their power back, that leaves another 1 million or so to go :huh::|

so...not as good as it might be....

but lots of donations, people helping people, organizations helping etc that adds hope in there!

Galeongirl said:
:uhoh: I'm seriously tempted to renew to U2.com right now, even though my subscription runs out in march.

Omg! I'm going to do this when I get home! I don't have U22 (well not officially ;) ). $85 for all of that sounds like a deal to me!

Thank you for being a U2.com Shop customer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your order was processed on: 11/09/2012 12:42PM Pacific

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom