PGP: Advanced Studies in Carpentry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning, class--

Today's visual aid:

BonoDressRight.jpg

Discuss.

The material in this garment seem to be of high quality but with no give so the wood is constrained within the limits of it's stretchability.

A prime example that when covering wood with material one should allow enough yardage for expansion :wink:

Bleh, I had to get up at ass o'clock this morning to take Sarah to the other end of town to meet up with a friend. Who does that on a Sunday morning?? And this girl lives a good half hour, 45 minutes out of town so she had to drive here herself, and she very easily could have picked a coffee shop closer to our house (would have meant her getting off a couple of exits early, that's all) rather than the opposite side of town. And it feels gross outside. Air like pea soup, much?

I haz the grumpies, and if I don't get to sleep before 4 am tonight, I may just cut a bitch. :grumpy:

^ *stays out of VP's way*
You'd probably kill me this morning then. I got up at 6:15 to go for my first bike ride since May. 14 miles of hills and I feel GREAT! :hyper:
*ducks out before VP cuts me*

That's great Zooey!:D

VP..I hear you about the heat! We had that yesterday, but today it is cool, for the first time in 3 weeks!:applaud: Perhaps that is headed your way for tomorrow!!:hug:

ETA: I finally got Red Rocks from Kristen! I'm watching it tomorrow when hubby is at work!:shifty:

I missed this last night Thora. I would gladly do a group project with you. :wink:

I'm glad you did see it eventually! :D

Sounds like a plan. We'll pool our resources and talents, and if he starts getting that FOAD look on his face, well, both of us are runners, so it shouldn't be a problem to make a speedy getaway. :lol:

^ *stays out of VP's way*
You'd probably kill me this morning then. I got up at 6:15 to go for my first bike ride since May. 14 miles of hills and I feel GREAT! :hyper:
*ducks out before VP cuts me*

I just spent the past while going through pictures and catching up on my right-click-saving. That's improved my mood considerably. :shifty: :wink:

Yay for the bike riding! :cheer: I wanted to start walking again to begin my program to get my back feeling into shape for next year, but ugh, the weather's been so shitty, it's hard to motivate myself.

That's great Zooey!:D

VP..I hear you about the heat! We had that yesterday, but today it is cool, for the first time in 3 weeks!:applaud: Perhaps that is headed your way for tomorrow!!:hug:

ETA: I finally got Red Rocks from Kristen! I'm watching it tomorrow when hubby is at work!:shifty:

It wasn't even that hot yet this morning (will be later), it just just...icky and humid. The air is heavy, heavy as a truck. :lol:

We're supposed to get some less humid weather in a few days, but we've been promised that before, and by the time it gets here, they revise to forecast to include even more humidity. I've been burned by weather forecasts so many times this year that I'm as skeptical about that as I am about a new U2 album by the end of the year. :wink:

So I totally forgot there was a concert today. :lol: Guess it should be easy to follow along, since I technically have nothing to do today. I kinda want to be outside. Maybe I could just take my laptop to a coffee shop patio or something... :lol:

I'm currently regretting the fact that I agreed to help out our choir director this morning and go sing with his church choir.

UGH.

I don't want to go to church. I'm having a seriously cranky morning. Didn't sleep well with the heat (even with the fan on - BOO), not looking forward to more of the same heat today and the next few days.

And why is it so hard to find a small container of plain yogurt for a recipe??? I don't need a big vat of it, it's just going to get wasted. :scream:

I'd call in sick for this morning, but I have a borrowed choir folder that he'll need back anyway, so I can't not go.

UGH. CRANKY.

So I totally forgot there was a concert today. :lol: Guess it should be easy to follow along, since I technically have nothing to do today. I kinda want to be outside. Maybe I could just take my laptop to a coffee shop patio or something... :lol:

I think that's what I'm going to do. :up: Well, not outdoors or anything. But I have a bit of shopping to do (I need to find something to keep my spices in, my current "system" :rolleyes: isn't working - suggestions? ) and a few things around the house, and then I think I'm going to get something alcoholic and yummy to drink, and plant myself in front of my computer and follow along.

I'm currently regretting the fact that I agreed to help out our choir director this morning and go sing with his church choir.

UGH.

I don't want to go to church. I'm having a seriously cranky morning. Didn't sleep well with the heat (even with the fan on - BOO), not looking forward to more of the same heat today and the next few days.

And why is it so hard to find a small container of plain yogurt for a recipe??? I don't need a big vat of it, it's just going to get wasted. :scream:

I'd call in sick for this morning, but I have a borrowed choir folder that he'll need back anyway, so I can't not go.

UGH. CRANKY.

:hug:

Wade through the picture thread for a bit? lol

I was hoping it was going to be later, I'll be out at 3!

Oh well, the pics don't usually show up until later anyways!

I'm having a seriously cranky morning. Didn't sleep well with the heat (even with the fan on - BOO), not looking forward to more of the same heat today and the next few days.

Same here. I tossed and turned all night. I didn't have my bedroom window open, so I'm going to try that tonight, and see if it will help. It was so stuffy when I came out of the bedroom that I had to turn all my fans on right away. It's only 22C right now, but I'm sure it will jump up at least 10 degrees in the next few hours.

I hate that. I always end up wasting stuff, because I'll need something for a recipe that I won't normally eat or like on its own, and end up throwing the majority of it away. This week I made a seafood pasta sauce, and I needed some fresh parsley for the recipe. I only needed a few teaspoons of it, but had to buy a big bunch of it, since that was the only way it was sold. I chucked the majority of it out afterward. Thankfully it was on sale, and for really cheap, so it wasn't too much money lost.

I think that's what I'm going to do. :up: Well, not outdoors or anything. But I have a bit of shopping to do (I need to find something to keep my spices in, my current "system" :rolleyes: isn't working - suggestions? ) and a few things around the house, and then I think I'm going to get something alcoholic and yummy to drink, and plant myself in front of my computer and follow along.

I have a cupboard above my stove/oven that has all my spices in it. I keep the ones I use most often at the front, but I'd really like to organize it better. Could you get a rack (hee hee) or a lazy susan type thing? My mom has several of those in her spices cabinets, so you can spin it around to find the one you're looking for. I have no clue what they're called, but it has 2 levels, and it spins.

:lol: That's awesome, VP! A classic?! :cute:

I've heard he has some very lulz-worthy tweets (in addition to that, of course). *debates following him for some laughs*

This week I made a seafood pasta sauce, and I needed some fresh parsley for the recipe. I only needed a few teaspoons of it, but had to buy a big bunch of it, since that was the only way it was sold. I chucked the majority of it out afterward. Thankfully it was on sale, and for really cheap, so it wasn't too much money lost.

I have a cupboard above my stove/oven that has all my spices in it. I keep the ones I use most often at the front, but I'd really like to organize it better. Could you get a rack (hee hee) or a lazy susan type thing? My mom has several of those in her spices cabinets, so you can spin it around to find the one you're looking for. I have no clue what they're called, but it has 2 levels, and it spins.

I got tired of throwing fresh herbs out, and I'm too lazy to wash and specially prepare them for freezing, so I just started sticking them in the freezer. When I need it, I grab a bunch and rinse it off, which thaws them.

I actually have one of those lazy susan things now. :lol: My kitchen is woefully lacking in cupboard space, and the only cupboard I have to put it in is really high, so all I can really see easily is what's on the outside of it. I didn't really want to go the rack route, either. I was thinking more along the lines of small containers that can be stacked. Nothing elaborate, just something convenient to get to, and cheap. Like maybe even the smallest of those disposable plastic Glad containers or something, if I could find any the right size.

:lol: That's awesome, VP! A classic?! :cute:

I've heard he has some very lulz-worthy tweets (in addition to that, of course). *debates following him for some laughs*

His blog has some seriously (unintentionally) funny shit. He's nuts! There are several classic quotes from him that I've considered making sigs.

I got tired of throwing fresh herbs out, and I'm too lazy to wash and specially prepare them for freezing, so I just started sticking them in the freezer. When I need it, I grab a bunch and rinse it off, which thaws them.

I actually have one of those lazy susan things now. :lol: My kitchen is woefully lacking in cupboard space, and the only cupboard I have to put it in is really high, so all I can really see easily is what's on the outside of it. I didn't really want to go the rack route, either. I was thinking more along the lines of small containers that can be stacked. Nothing elaborate, just something convenient to get to, and cheap. Like maybe even the smallest of those disposable plastic Glad containers or something, if I could find any the right size.

Oooh - that could be a good idea! :hmm: I should try that the next time.

Ha ha - awesome. Yeah, I have no clue what else could work, but those small containers would be nice. I've always wanted to get them to use for my lunches, so I could bring salad dressing or other things in a small quantity, but I've never seen them anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom