PGP: Advanced Studies in Carpentry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yes: Those of us with more chest furniture (thank you Ravelry for that term :giggle:) should definitely NOT attempt the shirtless-and-suspenders look...

The title :giggle:

:lol:
The other night at our triathlon meeting they were talking about ordering team race tops. She said "those of you who are more "blessed" than others..." :giggle:

What's wrong with the topless/suspenders thing - you could just use that bra strap tape to tape the suspenders strategically :shifty:

Yes, but think of how it would look with a mullet. I can't be mixing my eras if I'm going for faux-Bono.

Although you could be onto something. I could have creepers for the modern era, fly shades for the 90s, suspenders and grandpa pants for the late 80s, and the mullet for the early 80s. You're GENIUS!

Oh look, Edge - a beach ball!

ohlookedge.jpg

I am sorry. I cannot see a "beachball" when Edge's "ass" is in the pic :love:

Yes, but think of how it would look with a mullet. I can't be mixing my eras if I'm going for faux-Bono.

Although you could be onto something. I could have creepers for the modern era, fly shades for the 90s, suspenders and grandpa pants for the late 80s, and the mullet for the early 80s. You're GENIUS!

:yikes: :no: does. not. want.

Sleep well, zu!

I have to wait until my parents call me back before going to bed, but I'm seriously tempted to go now, and just wake up when they call. :yawn: :lol:

At least with heat waves in August, the sun goes down earlier and it starts becoming bearable slightly earlier than the June or July heat waves.

It might be safe for me to venture back into the living room, but that means lugging my fans and the laptop back out there.

#mylifeissohard

At least with heat waves in August, the sun goes down earlier and it starts becoming bearable slightly earlier than the June or July heat waves.

It might be safe for me to venture back into the living room, but that means lugging my fans and the laptop back out there.

#mylifeissohard

Are you on an upper floor?

I'm in a basement suite, so thankfully my place stays relatively cool, even during the heatwaves, but today when I came back it was rather stuffy. I have fans going in my bedroom and in the kitchen and living rooms, so it's cooled down a bit. It's still over 30C outside, which is nuts. :D

I'm on the top floor, but my building only has 3 floors. But my living room is a big wall of western-facing windows. And, as with many apartments, crappy windows with no insulation, so it's just a blast of heat any time it gets over 80.

Into the 90s, it's unbearable. I didn't realize getting such a fantastic view of the Olympics would come with such a price. :grumpy:

I wish I had one of the apartments with a balcony at the back of the building (east-facing) instead of right in the sun. At least my bedroom faces east, so after the morning sun, it's not so bad. I'll be sleeping with the fan on all night for the next week, though. Bleah.

I'm on the top floor, but my building only has 3 floors. But my living room is a big wall of western-facing windows. And, as with many apartments, crappy windows with no insulation, so it's just a blast of heat any time it gets over 80.

Into the 90s, it's unbearable. I didn't realize getting such a fantastic view of the Olympics would come with such a price. :grumpy:

I wish I had one of the apartments with a balcony at the back of the building (east-facing) instead of right in the sun. At least my bedroom faces east, so after the morning sun, it's not so bad. I'll be sleeping with the fan on all night for the next week, though. Bleah.

That's gotta be uncomfortable.

Can you leave the fans going all day, so it might be a bit more bearable for you when you get home?

I normally sleep with a fan on all the time, because I like the white noise, but it will definitely be on the highest setting tonight.

This summer has been NUTS here! I hate winter so much that it always makes me a little blue when fall comes. This is the first summer I have ever looked forward to it. I can't ever remember getting pounded with such constant heat with high humidity. It just hasn't let up since June!

We finally finished The West Wing tonight (SOB!). What a great series that is, I highly recommend it. So now I finally get to go off and read all those articles comparing it to the reality of the White House. I'm excited about that. Going to do that for a bit, and then head to bed.

Night, talk to you all later. :kiss:

Night, VP!

I have a box fan that I put in my bedroom window, but usually only when it's cooler outside, so it sucks in that cooler air, and that's really nice.

My other fan just stays pointed at me wherever I am in the apartment. :lol:

I don't leave the box fan going during the day if I'm not home, because I'd rather keep the blinds closed to keep the sun out. I don't know that having the fans going all day would do much.

It's not bad in my living room until about mid-afternoon on the hot days, which is kind of nice.

Phoebe is funny with the fans - I was so sure she'd want to be in front of the cool air, but it's apparently too much for her. So she sits behind the fan, where a teeny, tiny breeze comes out. :lol:

But the heat doesn't seem to bother her. She's usually burrowed under my blankets when I come home from work, even on the hottest days. Oof. Crazy cat.

All right, time for me to shut down as well. I'm in the dark, staring at a laptop screen, which means I either need to close it up or wind up with a migraine. :crack:

:wave:

Hope I didn't step on any toes as a newbie PGP participant, creating the new thread.

:shifty:

Fabulous titlle:lol::applaud::lol:

I think we'd all like to experience Bono's impact.

Oh, I so went there.

:lmao::lmao::up:

I'd definitely have to cheat on that one, since I had no idea what people were saying about Bono's leather outfits when I was three :lol:

and especially before the Internetz! :wink:

I've done wood workingin College so I'm ready... I'm ready for what's next!! My masters!!!! :hyper::drool:

This summer has been NUTS here! I hate winter so much that it always makes me a little blue when fall comes. This is the first summer I have ever looked forward to it. I can't ever remember getting pounded with such constant heat with high humidity. It just hasn't let up since June!

We finally finished The West Wing tonight (SOB!). What a great series that is, I highly recommend it. So now I finally get to go off and read all those articles comparing it to the reality of the White House. I'm excited about that. Going to do that for a bit, and then head to bed.

Night, talk to you all later. :kiss:

:hug:

it's actaully been really :heart: NICE at night the past 3!!!I just had the fan on!

I have read my AC manual to find out how tro time ot for goig off a hr after i crawl into bed and start upand hour before I wake up..someething like that.

i tried to watch TWW but that roomie......well I thought the sound mix was terrible and I'l have to turn it up. She'd start bitching how loud it was. I gave up after a while. :|

Back
Top Bottom