PG(and sometimes B)P: The Good, The Bad, and THE EDGE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea, Thora (friend getting tickets by phone)

...I just realized it'll be 2am in California when they're onsale. Gross. Hopefully won't sell out too fast...I like my sleep.

Just read a really entertaining couple articles on an art exhibition about ecstasy, for a homework assignment...totally unable to do the summary/response just yet, though. I need food *escapes to cafeteria*

Good idea, Thora (friend getting tickets by phone)

...I just realized it'll be 2am in California when they're onsale. Gross. Hopefully won't sell out too fast...I like my sleep.

Just read a really entertaining couple articles on an art exhibition about ecstasy, for a homework assignment...totally unable to do the summary/response just yet, though. I need food *escapes to cafeteria*

Doesn't it say 10am local time? So if you're buying tickets for a California show, they'll be onsale at 10am California time, right? Will you be in Europe on Monday morning? :scratch: Or maybe I"m misunderstanding "local time". :shrug:

ecstasy the drug or ecstasy the state of mind?

Local time? That'd be great. Oh good lord.

Ecstasy both :giggle: One of the art pieces was a fountain with ecstasy in it...

from coldplay.com
Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, 17 December at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Before that, you can use any American Express card to purchase advance tickets, from Monday, 12 December, at 10am (local time) until Friday, 16 December, at 10pm (local time). The advance AMEX tickets will be available from here for all shows except Portland (here) and Houston (here). NB: The tickets for the two LA Bowl shows will not go on sale until January 2012.

THANK THE LORD.

:heart:

I've left the library bc my computer's battery is dying...no outlets near the tables or even any free ones by the desktop computers...how ridiculous is that?

awesome Thora!

I'm now lurking on the coldplaying.com message boards for info. Looks like they're thinking it'll all be reserved seating - LAME! and makes ticket buying MUCH more stressful!

I'm totes buying Seattle tickets. Very happy to see Coldplay is coming here (AND NOT TACOMA). :)

Seeing Florence + the Machine tonight. yay!

I'm totes buying Seattle tickets. Very happy to see Coldplay is coming here (AND NOT TACOMA). :)

Seeing Florence + the Machine tonight. yay!

Hi Cori! Have fun tonight.
Do you have an AmEx for the presale? I might have to take Monday morning off work since our work computers/network are totally unreliable.

No AmEx, so I'll have to take my chances in the main sale. I don't know that I need super fancy seats, so I'll probably just take whatever I can get. I saw $80 and $100 on the Ticketmaster/Seattle page, but someone else said they saw $49 out there as well. I'll probably shoot for $80 and hope for the best.

I need to find someone to buy my extra Prince ticket, too. I tried something new, buying more than 1 ticket, hoping I could find some friends who wanted to go. I was fairly certain I had at least 2 people who for sure wanted to go, and was hopeful about a few other people, so I picked up 4.

Joyfulgirl is flying up for the show (YAY!), but she has her own ticket.

I need to find someone to buy my extra Prince ticket, too. I tried something new, buying more than 1 ticket, hoping I could find some friends who wanted to go. I was fairly certain I had at least 2 people who for sure wanted to go, and was hopeful about a few other people, so I picked up 4.

When's the show? :hmm:

So I found an e-book I wanted to buy, and it was one that would accept my promo code. I look at the list of taxes, and there's HST, which is fine. It's a harmonized sales tax, and it includes all provincial and national taxes. Okay, no big deal. Then below that there's ANOTHER tax, called GST/TPS. I know what GST is, and that's illegal for them to do that - GST is always included in HST. I don't know what eff TPS is (TPS Reports?! :lol: ), but I filled out a complaint form online. It's under a dollar, but I'm still annoyed/confused. They shouldn't be able to get away with charging me extra taxes. :tsk: Hopefully they'll respond and clear all that up. Bastards. :fist:

Aww, you're so sweet. :hug: Thanks for the offer!

Hopefully the BFF can buy them from Portland (she has an iPhone, so she should be able to do that from her phone). I have a layover on a Hawaiian island before I actually get to Honolulu, and the airport is so small that I doubt they have wifi access there so that I could buy the tickets while I wait for my next plane. :lol: I just looked on their website, and they say nothing about it, so I assume it doesn't exist. I figure everything will be sold out by that time of the day anyway. I'm pretty sure my friend should be able to get them, though. :)

Glad you'll most likely be able to get tickets :hug:

awesome Thora!

I'm now lurking on the coldplaying.com message boards for info. Looks like they're thinking it'll all be reserved seating - LAME! and makes ticket buying MUCH more stressful!

Yeah the ticket buying is gonna be stressful. I have to try in the general sale. Hopefully I can get half decent seats.

If you hear anything else, please let me know.

Cool. Someone just asked about it on Facebook, so yay. :)

:up:

Taking a break from all this homework stuff. Dancing to some New Order. Having fun realizing the last time my family saw me, I was really into...good lord...I don't even remember. But it wasn't even near dance. :giggle:

If I was anywhere near you, I'd totally go with you but alas. I will probably never get to see Prince. When Mr.Z and I had been dating about a year, his whole family went and, of course didn't invite me. They probably still wouldn't. :rolleyes:

I've officially done enough homework for today...I have a portfolio review later and need to detox beforehand. 'Y U not have enough sketches, Katie?' 'I WAS DOING ART HISTORYYYYYY'

Hope your tickets end up working out, cori...

So I just had my drawing portfolio review. And my drawing teacher was like, 'stop drawing so fast. Don't you want to be the best at drawing? don't you want to wiiiin?' and along those lines. I mean, seriously.

:laugh: It was hilarious

I shouldn't have waited so long to transfer my fun money from PayPal into my bank account. :tsk: I got an email tonight saying it will be in my account by the 19th. Hopefully it will be faster than that. I can always withdraw money from an ATM, but of course I'll be charged an arm and a leg for doing that in a "foreign" country. :lol: I thought it took 3-5 days to process, but apparently it's longer for Canadian banks. Typical. :rolleyes: :wink:

I emailed the people who I won the prize from, and it was sent out this week. So it will probably arrive when I'm gone too. Hopefully it won't require my signature, so my landlords can just accept delivery of it. It would suck if it ended up getting sent back to them because I wasn't around to sign for it. :lol:

One of my favourite Canadian chefs is a guest on my boyfriend George's show tonight, and it doesn't air for another half hour. I'm so exhausted and I'm totally falling sleep here. I know I could just go to bed and watch the video online tomorrow, but I'm stupid, so I'm going to attempt to stay awake so I can see it on my big screened TV. :lol: Last night I didn't go to bed until 2am, so I have to be a bit better about going to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. As soon as his segment is over, I'll definitely be hitting the hay, so I hope he's on first. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom