Pets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Has anyone got any pix of the guys with any pets? I'd be intersted in seeing what turns up..

Also, I was wondering what in your opinion would be the right pet for each of the guys? :lol: Something manly for Larry and something unusually interesting for Adam. Not sure about Edge or Bono. Any ideas?

Please feel free to post away....

There was a actually U2-related segment on an Animal Planet show about different dog breeds. From some stop on the Elevation tour.

Someone had a French Bulldog, and Adam (who was sitting next to Paul McG). asked if the dog likes beef, she said yes. Adam reached over Paul's plate, took a piece of steak, and gave it to the dog, but the dog dropped it. Adam then ask Paul if he would like it back.

I've seen a pic from the JT era where Adam was petting a dog. The others aren't really interested it in. I'm sure someone here has it.

Guess there used to a segment in the old Propaganda magazine, "written" by Adam's dog Colin. "The bitch with a boy's name."

Edge, I could picture him having something like a Chinchilla, or an exotic reptile.

Edge mentioned a cat that his family has called Velcro in a web chat in '01. :cute:

He also had a dog called Fleetwood that ran away or was stolen back in the ZOO TV days.

thrillme said:

I've seen a pic from the JT era where Adam was petting a dog. The others aren't really interested it in. I'm sure someone here has it.

u2jtdogsyk0.jpg

:)

Edgette said:
Edge mentioned a cat that his family has called Velcro in a web chat in '01. :cute:

Coolest name ever for a cat. :yes:

I believe Bono's dogs are named Fanny and Angel. At least that's the rumor. There's a pic somewhere of him walking them in NYC.

:hmm: Speculation, eh? Bono needs dogs - they're like adoring fans, no matter what he does, they'll always be completely enamored with him. I can see Edge with cats and exotic animals, like a chinchilla or a mink or a tropical something or other. Adam with exotic birds. Larry has a secluded farm with horses somewhere. (In my mind, at least!)

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

I believe Bono's dogs are named Fanny and Angel. At least that's the rumor. There's a pic somewhere of him walking them in NYC.

Naughty Bono, that word "fanny" is a little bit vulgar in his home town :ohmy:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

Fanny and Angel are most likely the German Shepherds pictured on his grounds in Ireland. They're not the same dogs in the NYC photo and there's not any proof the photo is Bono (I really don't think it is, it doesn't look like him and I thought I read he was somewhere else when the photo was taken). There's the more recent pictures of the black and white dogs (Canaan dogs/herding mix) on his grounds in Ireland, possibly replacing the German Shepherds since the quote about Fanny and Angel is almost ten years old, so it would make sense if those dogs have passed. There's also a picture from last week of a blond lab-ish dog and a Pekingese at the house in France.

:sad: Really??? He was obviously very special to him.....thanks for filling me in!
*running to check album thank you's*

^^ Good spotting!! I thought that saddle was a leaf off the tree! But the shadow is a dead giveaway... :wink:

isabella_bp said:

That would be interesting to see...Larry carrying a big fluffy cat.

Won't be holding my breath to see that happen.....carrying hair gel - yes.....fluffy cat -NO!! :wink:

gluey said:

Won't be holding my breath to see that happen.....carrying hair gel - yes.....fluffy cat -NO!! :wink:

I'm still trying to picture him shrieking when a cat ran towards him in that Blender interview. hehehe

thrillme said:

I'm still trying to picture him shrieking when a cat ran towards him in that Blender interview. hehehe

Oooh I haven't seen that!! Is that what started the whole "larry hates cats" thing?

Back
Top Bottom