Peter Jennings (I don't think I spelled that right...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow Motion

The Fly
OK, I don't know exactly what was said, but today my dad's girlfriend told me that Peter Jennings was on Regis and Kelly, and that he said something to the effect that Bono is the strongest humanitarianist (that's another word to question, sorry) that he has ever met. Now I don't know exactly how accurate this information is, but the woman who told me was thoroughly impressed, seeing as Peter Jennings has met just about everyone. Since she and my dad are total cynics of my U2 fan-dom, this finally opened up an opportunity to rave about the band's contributions to so many causes. I must have gone on and on and on....but finally, the best band gets a little well-earned positive attention from perpetual critics!!! I'm pumped!!!!
Love,
SloMo

rolleyes.gif
SloMo... just when I think you can't annoy me any further, you rip off the Mo thing from me. Hahaha, blaay! Anyway, I totally know what you mean about the cynicism. Certain family members can be gonads about tha U2 love. Blah to them I say!

p.s. gals- SloMo is my friend, so I'm allowed to be mean to her.
biggrin.gif

Friend?? FRIEND?!! That's the biggest load of bullshite I've ever, ehm, read!!! Just kidding home slice, from now on I'll be nice. That rhymed, Marge, and you know it rhymed!!!

Love,
SloMo

this is interesting information since i SWEAR i saw peter jennings at the november phoenix show. he was walking with his wife over to the loading docks where u2 comes in. i know it had to be him, it was a dead ringer...

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

I JUST KNEW there was a reason why I loved Peter Jennings so much!!!!

I always tell everyone, "I have dinner with Peter Jennings everynite" b/c when I eat dinner I watch World News Tonight with Peter Jennings on ABC.
smile.gif

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

Yep, I saw him on Regis & Kelly and all he talked about was Bono! He did say he had gone to a U2 show last year and was very impressed. He just kept praising him, over and over, and I told my husband "see, even men get crushes on Bono." Also, the entertainment reporter on my local Fox station (LA) was drooling over him all morning. Everytime they talked about Superbowl, she said "and what about Bono, let's run the clip."

I was getting fuzzy vibes from Jennings on the New Years thing. Glad to see I'm not crazy! *Peter fuzzies*
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

This is so cool! I love that even hardened newsies like PJ are talking up our boy Bono. Lately, it seems U2 are in the news all over the place, and it's all glowing reports. I've seen no-nonsense newscasters that get downright *giddy* when talking about U2, it's awesome!!
smile.gif

Yeah mrsmullen!! I was at that Phoenix show too and heard that he was there!!! So I'm sure it was him that you saw!!!

thank GOODNESS i wasnt hallucinating. none of my friends even believed me. ha! ill show them...

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom