Pete Yorn!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2aremyfriends

War Child
wow! I love his songs, he's a great singer and he is so cute too... :drool: what a man!!

b75.jpg

338%3C6%3C7523232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3238%3E286%3E%3B49%3EWSNRCG%3D323255685%3B8%3A8nu0mrj

Last edited:
The guy looks really nice... :yes: I think I've heard of him, but I'm not sure about the kind of music he plays... :(

Yes, I knew he played rock music, but I wasn't sure about what kind of rock music :scratch: (I mean, something similar to U2, or like The Wallflowres, or what...). I suppose I'll have to do some research about this... ;)

Last edited:
eowyn332: :hmm: I think his music is different, it's not like U2 or the WF, it's another "style". Some of my fav songs are: Strange Condition, China girl (this is a cover of a David Bowie song), Closet and For Nancy...Also, I love his cover of "Dancing in the dark". He's a very good singer! :yes:

MrsSpringsteen: wow! You are so lucky! I've never been to any of his shows. :(

Last edited:
U2aremyfriends said:
eowyn332: :hmm: I think his music is different, it's not like U2 or the WF, it's another "style". Some of my fav songs are: Strange Condition, China girl (this is a cover of a David Bowie song), Closet and For Nancy...Also, I love his cover of "Dancing in the dark". He's a very good singer! :yes:

Oh, dear... :( I think I really need to learn more about rock music and other singers. I feel like a complete ignorant... :sad:

eowyn332 said:

Oh, dear... :( I think I really need to learn more about rock music and other singers. I feel like a complete ignorant... :sad:

awww...don't feel bad!! He's not famous here, that's why you don't know him. I didn't know who he was until I read a discussion about him in the wf forum, everyone was saying how great his music was, and a girl recommended me some songs, so I heard them, and now I'm a fan... :)

U2aremyfriends said:

awww...don't feel bad!! He's not famous here, that's why you don't know him. I didn't know who he was until I read a discussion about him in the wf forum, everyone was saying how great his music was, and a girl recommended me some songs, so I heard them, and now I'm a fan... :)

Yeah, it's true, he's not well-known here, but what did you expect with all that "Operaci?n Triunfo" cr*p? :angry: I mean, it seems that people have suddenly gone mad or something... :grumpy: *sigh*

And don't worry, I'm not feeling so bad... It's only that I'm having a really awful day today. But as Bono (and you!) says: "This time will pass" :D

Last edited:
eowyn332 said:

Yeah, it's true, he's not well-known here, but what did you expect with all that "Operaci?n Triunfo" cr*p? :angry: I mean, it seems that people have suddenly gone mad or something... :grumpy: *sigh*

And don't worry, I'm not feeling so bad... It's only that I'm having a really awful day today. But as Bono (and you!) says: "This time will pass" :D

I hate "operaci?n triunfo". :down: Their awful music is everywhere! aargh! Have you seen the top 20 most selled records? Most of them are horrible...*thinks about U2* aah, that's better, hehe. We need more bands like them! :yes:

Hey Pete Yorn, I like your screen name! :sexywink:

U2aremyfriends said:

Hey U2aremyfriends, I like yours too. Although I must admit I'd like it better if it said PeteYornismyfriend

:shrug: :wave:

U2aremyfriends said:

I hate "operaci?n triunfo". :down: Their awful music is everywhere! aargh! Have you seen the top 20 most selled records? Most of them are horrible...*thinks about U2* aah, that's better, hehe. We need more bands like them! :yes:

I hate them, too!! :madspit: And yes, I have seen the top 20 and most of the records are really, really awful... :barf: (Julio Iglesias is number 2? Eeeeeek!!! :eek:)

And nice to meet you, Mr. Yorn!!! :wave:

eowyn332 said:

I hate them, too!! :madspit: And yes, I have seen the top 20 and most of the records are really, really awful... :barf: (Julio Iglesias is number 2? Eeeeeek!!! :eek:)

Really? Julio Iglesias? aaargh! People is crazy!! :coocoo: I will never look at that list again!

Pete Yorn: :hmm: "PeteYornismyfriend" That sounds cool too! Nice to meet you! :wave:

Ewig: hey! Jakob feels fine, hehe. How is Robbie? :wink:

pete is very nice and grounded, as well as talented. i've seen him twice in concert. i also met him and he was very sweet. unfortunately i've drifted away from his music, and am not near the fan i was, say, 6 months ago...but a few of his songs still get me. of couse "lose you" does....but then, some of you have already heard that story. eh...enough newbies, i'll tell it again.

i've always really liked that song (it's on musicforthemorningafter). at any rate, when i first saw him in concert in indianapolis, i really wanted to hear it live and he hadn't been playing at every show, so i made a sign that said "lose you" on it. me and my friends got there early enough that we were the front of the g.a. line and i ended up front and dead center. so i held up my sign. the synth for the song came on and he said "this is for the girl in the front row" and proceeded to sing it, looking right into my eyes for the first chorus (about 30 seconds, for those of you who don't know the song). i met him after the show and got the chance to thank him (plus the usual autograph/picture stuff). met the rest of the band too...chatted with a couple of them. nice guys.

ok, i'm done.

Stories for Boys said:

he said "this is for the girl in the front row" and proceeded to sing it, looking right into my eyes for the first chorus (about 30 seconds, for those of you who don't know the song). i met him after the show and got the chance to thank him (plus the usual autograph/picture stuff). met the rest of the band too...chatted with a couple of them. nice guys.

ok, i'm done.

:drool: :combust: :drool:

Stories for Boys said:

i've always really liked that song (it's on musicforthemorningafter). at any rate, when i first saw him in concert in indianapolis, i really wanted to hear it live and he hadn't been playing at every show, so i made a sign that said "lose you" on it. me and my friends got there early enough that we were the front of the g.a. line and i ended up front and dead center. so i held up my sign. the synth for the song came on and he said "this is for the girl in the front row" and proceeded to sing it, looking right into my eyes for the first chorus (about 30 seconds, for those of you who don't know the song). i met him after the show and got the chance to thank him (plus the usual autograph/picture stuff). met the rest of the band too...chatted with a couple of them. nice guys.

ok, i'm done.

awww, that's so awesome! I'm glad you had a great time! "Lose you" is such a great song! I would like to see him in concert.

Meeting him should have been so nice...I lost the only chance of meeting the WF in February. I didn't know they went outside to meet the fans after the concert :(

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away..." :yes:

yay!!! I finally bought "Day I Forgot" (Pete Yorn) this morning. My dad went to a record store yesterday and when he came back home, he told me that he saw a PY cd. I showed him "musicforthemorningafter", and he said that was not the record he saw. I was like "wow! Then it must be the new cd".

So, I went to the record store this morning and I bought it! woooooohooooo!!! I'm listening to it right now, it's so cool!! :heart:

I've been searching this cd for a loooong time, I've gone to a lot of big record stores and it was not there, and my dad found it in a very small record store...yay! The guy who was working there told me that all the cds they had were imported from the USA. My dad has discovered the best record store of this city... *hugs him* :hug:

Last edited:
Hey, that's really cool!! Hope you're enjoying it. :D
(And is the name of the record store "Tony Martin", by any chance?) :hmm:

wow! I've been listening to some songs that Pete Yorn has covered: I wanna be your boyfriend (Ramones), China girl (David Bowie), Dancing in the dark (Bruce Springsteen). These covers are very good! :happy:

And his cover of Suspicious Minds is very nice too! yay :dance:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom