Perfect beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I was just thinking how the Stay video is the most perfectly beautiful example of Bono's gentleness and angelicness. He is hot and gorgeous in others too, but this one really takes the prize for beauty. Could somebody please post stills? I haven't seen them in awhile, and I have lost my DVD :sad:

6e702b8c.jpg

st5a.jpg

b0eebe54.jpg

0a35f8bc.jpg

U2Kitten said:
I was just thinking how the Stay video is the most perfectly beautiful example of Bono's gentleness and angelicness. He is hot and gorgeous in others too, but this one really takes the prize for beauty.

They all looked very nice in this video (I like the shot of Edge and the music box), but I agree, Bono looks especially beautiful. :yes:

BTW, your kitty is adorable! :cute:

tuwie said:
where is that statue of the angel? dublin?
he didnt really get up there, did he?

I think it's in berlin...it's not really that tall, it's actually pretty short, so the height was just a special effect. I just saw this video after Christmas when I got the Best of 1990-2000 DVD, it's so beautiful, right up there with Please. :drool:

ya, it is berlin.

I was there and well...I must say it's still tall. I wouldn't go up there...but perhaps I feel so because I have acrophobia :wink:

btw I love the little loop in Bono's hair!

Ahh u2kitten I'm so glad you brought video this up. I bought the DVD to feed my U2 withdrawl after the Atlanta show. I love it...it's definitely my fave as far as pure beauty goes. It's so inspirational and fits the song like a glove. My fave part is when he's whispering in the girl's ear "London! Belfast!", his smile is so genuine and joyful . He's absolutely gorgeous in this one as is everyone else. I love th wintry, magical, Christmasy feel of it and i love his coat! :drool: :drool: :sexywink: :heart:

Heh. Isn't Bono afraid of heights? I don't think they could convince him without a /lot/ of liquid courage.
The statue he was on was a scale copy that wasn't nearly as high as the real one - or so says the director on the Best of DVD.

Yeah, Bono is afraid of heights. He's done some interesting things for someone who's afraid of heights. There are stories from the War tour of him climbing poles and such............he once, uh, actually lost his clothes when he fell into a crowd :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

u2granny said:

Maybe angel armor. I don't know.

It's the torso from a suit of armor. It has to do with an angel crossing over to be human, it's what comes with them. (Another tie-in to Wings of Desire and Faraway So Close.)

This is definitely my favorite video, I don't even know how many times I've watched it. I even have an icon on LJ of Nastassja Kinski (she's the female angel holding the junkie) because I love how she looks in it.

u2granny said:

Is it just me or does Bono's face look tired & puffy in this shoot? He just looks a little worn out to me.

As far as the video goes, it is one of the most beautiful ones made. The singing between Bono and the girl is phenomenal. Imagine how she had to concentrate not to giggle or react to Bono standing right "in her face." In an interview Bono talked about what an amazing singer she is.

Anyone seen the movie "Wings of Desire?" It's theme is about an angel who leaves heaven and falls in love with a mortal. Beautiful german movie.

u2granny said:

Listening to the director's commentary when filming the end of the video, he states that he just about died when he saw how Bono just threw himself down on the floor to mimic the angel falling from heaven. He was really worried that Bono was going to hurt himself. If you watch it closely it does look like a pretty rough fall.

Thanks U2 Granny for the pics! They are so good!

Back
Top Bottom