Perfect beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks u2granny and edibleflowers :hug:

@thankyou:
yeah, this scene/pic catched my attention as well as I watched the video the first time. It's kind of undescribable...he looks different, definitely.

@edibleflower:
really? from lj? :)
the movies...I just saw the movie in connection with "The Ground beneath her Feet". It was late at night as I watched it and as it ended there was this song and I thought "Gosh, that's Bono!"...*lol* I didn't know before that they made a song for this movie, same with Faraway.

verte76 said:
Yeah, Bono is afraid of heights. He's done some interesting things for someone who's afraid of heights. There are stories from the War tour of him climbing poles and such............he once, uh, actually lost his clothes when he fell into a crowd :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

ok.. tell me about that... NOW!!!!!! :drool:
are there any pictures? :angel:

688e0570.jpg

that's not exactly all his clothes... I have seen that one before... somebody said that he got stuck behind something and got mad because he wanted to move.. and his shirt got ripped in pieces or so...
guuh just to think about Bono falling in the crowd.. I mean, who would NOT want to rip his clothes off him??
:drool:

I really was like WOAH when I saw Bono dissapearing in the crowd on the Boston dvd... I wonder how he got back up again :D

*Furiously right clicks and saves*

My favorite all time video
Plus I have a weakness for black and white stills (too bad for the lack of sweat :wink: )

Thanks granny :hug:

...If you all haven't seen Wings of Desire or Faraway So Close, you should...this video is a direct compliement to those two movies. Both are directed by Wim Wenders, who also has done some U2 videos and has remarked that Bono is his muse...

I'm partial to ZooTV era Bono. There has never been a sexier object on the planet than Bono during that era. I like all of his looks but I *adore* ZooTV era Bono!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

stonecircle said:
...If you all haven't seen Wings of Desire or Faraway So Close, you should...this video is a direct compliement to those two movies. Both are directed by Wim Wenders, who also has done some U2 videos and has remarked that Bono is his muse...

He also directed "the Million Dollar Hotel" , which is based on a Bono script. Anyone enjoyed that one? Also very interesting and good. The story began developing in Bono's head when they did the video for WTSHNN, and they did a photoshoot on the top of the Million Dollar Hotel in LA, which was across the street from where they played the video.

MooMoo! said:
the statues a replica that theyre sitting on, or so (if i remember corectly) it said on the commentary...

but the ones with them not on it is real

Correct!, the directors commentary did say thet the statue was a replica..Thank God for that I'd kill me to know that our guys were in some kind of danger if they really were up on that statue...

Plus about Bono thowing himself onto the street as the "fallen Angel"..the director also stated that Bono was fully padded around his hips and such, ..Bono was really into throwing homself on that street..

I do love his smile on the last throw, when his is running towards the camera..

BonoFox1 said:

Correct!, the directors commentary did say thet the statue was a replica..Thank God for that I'd kill me to know that our guys were in some kind of danger if they really were up on that statue...

Plus about Bono thowing himself onto the street as the "fallen Angel"..the director also stated that Bono was fully padded around his hips and such, ..Bono was really into throwing homself on that street..

I do love his smile on the last throw, when his is running towards the camera..
'*ouch* ... Bono into self hurting :huh:
:lol: but he sure would be a good actor ^^
yeah that smile is soo cuite... same when he grabs the girls hand and sings with her.. that smiiiiile :combust:

Hi all - trivia spot time!

The girl in this clip is a singer/actress whose name is Meret Becker, I beleive she's quite a well known singer in Germany. Used to be married to Alex Hacke from industrial band "Einstuerende Neubauten" ("Collapsing New Buildings" in English), who are also good mates of Wim Wenders, and once got kicked off the support spot of a U2 tour in the early days ( Edge was apparently a big fan at once time at least). Howzat for a random six-degrees!

Thanks for the gorgeous screen caps too peeps. Love this video - the movies are brilliant too, well worth finding if you can. They are all in German, but usually have subtitles if you can locate a USA/UK version.

Cheers ~Ultra

phistolemon said:
@edibleflower:
really? from lj? :)
the movies...I just saw the movie in connection with "The Ground beneath her Feet". It was late at night as I watched it and as it ended there was this song and I thought "Gosh, that's Bono!"...*lol* I didn't know before that they made a song for this movie, same with Faraway.

you're talking about "million dollar hotel" i believe.

UltraVelvet said:
Hi all - trivia spot time!

The girl in this clip is a singer/actress whose name is Meret Becker, I beleive she's quite a well known singer in Germany. Used to be married to Alex Hacke from industrial band "Einstuerende Neubauten" ("Collapsing New Buildings" in English), who are also good mates of Wim Wenders, and once got kicked off the support spot of a U2 tour in the early days ( Edge was apparently a big fan at once time at least). Howzat for a random six-degrees!

cool tidbit. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom