passengers-era bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahmad

The Fly
So, I tried posting in Everything You Know is Wrong, but didn't get a response, so I thought the Plebans might be able to help. I'm looking for pictures and video of Bono at the Sinatra Gala, when he and the edge and some quartet played "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad." I was just listening to that tune, the other day, and it brought memories back to when I first saw the performance on TV. There is a burst of applause halfway through - and I vaguely remember Bono (who began to resemble Trotsky) doing something to the camera- kissing, it or something. For a fifteen year old, at the time, that was pretty embarassing - but in hindsight, I just think, Damn, that man had some chutzpah. Any help?

And is anyone else as in love with that period of U2 as me?

ema95_u2_best_group_10.jpg

Viva Fidel , Viva Bono !!

Just found a picture of the performance I was referring to. Is the video online, somewhere?
dvdu2liveandraresinatra80.jpg

I have it somewhere... I'd have to check... I'll post if I find and the uploading works :)

wow - i've never seen those before. it's like a throwback to the 1930s. amazing.

RocknRollKitty said:

ROTFLMAO!!! :lmao:

I always thought some pics of Passengers Bono and the profile shot of him from Pop looked scarily like Lenin! :yikes: :laugh:

WHen you come to think that Bono was able to turn Jesse Helms around, i wouldn't be suprised that if he had met Lenin he probably would have had him wrapped around his little finger also. :wink:

Oh, c'mon. Don't confuse Lenin and Jesse Helms, man. Stalin and Helms - okay. But Lenin? What happened to our Left?

trotsky_1917.jpg

"Coffee's cold, but it'll get you through.
Compromise, that's nothing new to you."

Electrical Storm, 1917

ahmad said:
Oh, c'mon. Don't confuse Lenin and Jesse Helms, man. Stalin and Helms - okay. But Lenin? What happened to our Left?

hey, the photo i was referring to, was a photo that had lenin on it. that's what i was referring to. not necessarily a political standpoint. :wink:

Oh, I see! But really, Bono is more of a Trotsky than a Lenin.

ahmad said:
Oh, I see! But really, Bono is more of a Trotsky than a Lenin.

I agree with you on that one.

It's interesting to read how Bono was able to pull Helms out of his extreme ultraconservative right mentality. Although he did admitt he had been wrong to oppose AIDS research eventually, after meeting with Bono. Can't help but think that Stalin would have taken a lot more talking to.

Any updates on the video, Miroslava? Many thanks and much love.

-A

Sorry. just got back from the Vegas show, am getting sent to Mexico for work next week, I get back and then its off to Atlanta. My house is a mess. My cat ran away and is hiding in a tree. I am downloading the Vegas DVD at a painfully slow rate (81 hours to go!) and hmm I forgot about this! :wink:

(everything but the cat part thing is true, I am allergic to them :D ). I will see if I can upload from work. My bandwidth here at home is tapped.

ETA: I just looked for it, and don;t have it burnt, but I also realized it is only 16 MBS, so I will try to upload overnight... we'll see :)

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Sorry. just got back from the Vegas show, am getting sent to Mexico for work next week, I get back and then its off to Atlanta. My house is a mess. My cat ran away and is hiding in a tree. I am downloading the Vegas DVD at a painfully slow rate (81 hours to go!) and hmm I forgot about this! :wink:

(everything but the cat part thing is true, I am allergic to them :D ). I will see if I can upload from work. My bandwidth here at home is tapped.

ETA: I just looked for it, and don;t have it burnt, but I also realized it is only 16 MBS, so I will try to upload overnight... we'll see :)

Oh yes, please, please! You are superb!:bow:

:D :heart:

Thanks so much, Miroslava. It's been ten years since I saw that, and I still remember so much of it. I was right, he kisses the camera - but also remember another source of my embarassment: Edge's moustache! Ah, what was a fifteen-year old to think of all this?

Back
Top Bottom