Panic attacks/anxiety

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suffer from panic attacks and depression. I'm on medication and I am in therapy with a wonderful doctor. I try to take it at one day at a time. I feel everyone's pain here. :hug:

sweetie said:
You are all so amazing. :hug: Thank you so much for helping me through this. The effects are finally starting to wear away and I feel a real, honest to God, cold coming on :wink:

not surprised there - when your body goes through intense emtional stress it can make it easier to get a physical illness

almost everyone has at least one panic attack in their lives (mine prior to taking boards - big whoppin' nasty one at that) so there is nothing to be ashamed about.

Hope you feel better soon:hug:

Have you guys done GA? The one thing that scares me is being on the floor and having a panic attack :(

one4u2 said:
Have you guys done GA? The one thing that scares me is being on the floor and having a panic attack :(

So glad you mentioned that I am afraid of exactly the same thing. The night I got my tickets online I thought I was going to have a heart attack, I could not slow my heartrate down.
I also have had a panic attack in the past, at a packed cinema watching Hannibal (I knew the horrible part that was coming and all of a sudden it just happened). I have done meditation in the past which I think is terribly helpful, you can talk your way out of it sometime and I also take medication for depression (i think i am starting to see a link here).

Sweetie, be assured you are not alone on this but follow your own heart as to the best way to handle it, you will be OK.

:hug: s.

Back
Top Bottom