Panic at work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I was getting ready to leave work today when I had quite a scare. I was getting my purse. I opened the wrong locker :reject: and of course didn't see my purse. I panicked. I went to the car and of course it wasn't in there. I thought I'd left it there on my break and it had been ripped off. Great. I went back into the library and looked everywhere. I went back into the staff room, went in the kitchen, and of course it wasn't there either. I went back to the lockers and it hit me that I'd looked in the wrong locker! I opened the right locker and there it was! :reject: :help: :banghead: :censored: :censored:

:yikes:

I hate that running around panicky feeling when you can't find something really important. :hug:

At college, I once left my purse in the hallway outside the classroom (we'd been sitting on the floor waiting for the door to open, class hadn't started yet). I managed to go all through class and walk all the way back to my dorm before I realized that I'd left it there :banghead:

Thank goodness one of the staff had found it and called me about it

How scary! I thought mine was missing from my car but I found it under some papers! I am such a slob! Glad you found it!

Kelly, that reminds me of a hare-brained incident I had when I was a college freshman. I took off my watch for an exam because watches always made me so nervous during exams. I left the watch in the classroom and went back to my dorm. It hit me that I had left the watch in the classroom so I went back. I recovered the watch and returned to my dorm.

I tend to get mad when I lose things. I lost my wallet a few months ago and had switched to a bigger one so as not to risk losing it again. Well, I was looking through my purse for it one day and it wasn't there. I was also driving at the time. :huh: So, I just got mad. I pulled into a parking lot and rummaged the car for it and was starting to get verbal.

I went to unbuckle my seatbelt to do a hardcore, ass-in-the-air-even-though-people-can-see-into-the-car searches when I realized it was sitting in my lap.

Little fucker.

I loose things all the time, but somehow they always get back to me. The worse was when I left my graphing calculator (this big, expensive kind required for calculus classes and such, not something you can easily replace!) at a gymnastics meet. I took it there all the time b/c I had made a spreadsheet for scores and would enter them in right away. I left it at the City Meet, so our season there was done. I thought it was gone forever when two weeks later, a coach brought it over to our team. Phew!

I've also lost my college ID card a lot. It's pretty bad b/c it's what we use for all of our meals so if we don't have a card, we don't eat. It's even worse for me b/c I work on campus and have card-access to all of the buildings almost 24/7 so not having the card makes it hard to get around. If you loose it, it's $20 to replace. One time I lost mine for days and finally the Bookstore woke me up one morning to say they had it.

And one more good one.....I used to deliver papers as a side job and the Sunday paper is due by 8am. In Michigan when it snows, you have to be out there before 7 to get it done in time (our press weights 5lbs each on Sunday). One morning I was trudging along and found $40 right in the middle of the street. The next day my friend came over and she always steals from people so I quick hid the money inside of a book. Later, I looked EVERYWHERE for it and couldn't find it. Last year, I was looking through that book and found a copy of TIME with Bono on the cover inside and inside the magazine I found the $40.

I was *forever* misplacing my college ID card! It was a major pain! Basically this stuff happens because I'm a scatterbrain. I still can't believe I looked in the wrong damn locker because all of the lockers have our names on them! How stupid can you get?:reject: :help: :banghead: :censored: :censored:

I still have my replacement college ID. I had just searched all over my dorm room to find my original student ID with no success and had to walk all the way down to the student union to get this one, hence my "thrilled" expression:| :

0c337dbd.jpg

I still carry the ID on the chance I might get to use it for a "student" discount at an evening movie :reject:

Back
Top Bottom