Painting advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss becky

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I painted my bathroom today. This is the first time I've ever painted a room before. I used an edger to do the top of the walls by the ceiling, and around the door frames, but there is still a tiny gap where the paint did not cover. If I use my 1" brush to fill it in, paint gets on the trim and ceiling. (this is not really a big deal though, because I intend to paint the trim and ceiling.)

I was thinking of going to a crafts store and getting one of those small brushes that you would use with acrylic paints, and use that to fill in the gaps. Is this a good idea? Anyone who has painted their house, do you have any good suggestions for me? I'm new to this, so I don't really know what's best.

Thanks!

Most of the rooms in my house are wall- papered One that I did myself. The only things that I have painted in my house are the window seals. Sorry I could not have been of any help to you.

you could try using tape to tape off the ceiling/trim/whatever you want not to be painted. it's a little time-consuming, but it helps keep the lines looking clean and neat.

not sure if that helps. :shrug:

what colour did you paint the bathroom?

Last edited:
dandy said:
you could try using tape to tape off the ceiling/trim/whatever you want not to be painted. it's a little time-consuming, but it helps keep the lines looking clean and neat.

not sure if that helps. :shrug:

what colour did you paint the bathroom?

It's a light purple. It looks great. :)

Since I used the edger, I didn't really need to use tape. But now I have that tiny gap between the ceiling and where the edger stopped, and I don't know the best, quickest way to fill that in.

miss becky said:

It's a light purple. It looks great. :)

:up: sounds lovely. i love purple.

miss becky said:
Since I used the edger, I didn't really need to use tape. But now I have that tiny gap between the ceiling and where the edger stopped, and I don't know the best, quickest way to fill that in.

ah, maybe it would be best to go with your original idea of the tiny brush then. sounds like it should do the trick.

I think I may do that. There's a Michael's crafts store that I can go to on my lunch hour. I may get some small paintbrushes from them. Thanks, dandy!

Back
Top Bottom