Out Of Control - Epilogue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
Epilogue

Oct 01 2006

Holly smiled at the image in the mirror, despite the signs of age around her eyes and mouth. She almost liked them, to be honest. They reminded her of her years, kept her successes and her failures in the forefront of her mind. Today was twenty five years to the day that they met. She was certainly not the wide-eyed nineteen years old who had never traveled outside of California anymore, but even for the youthful beauty she would not be willing to trade her years of experience.

She closed her eyes and thought about the first moment she’d seen Adam, in the hallway of the auditorium. She’d smiled at him and waved him over to the door, and as soon as he’d said ‘hello’ the power had shifted. There had been an instant connection, a sexual tension tug-of-war that had gone on for more than two decades now.

Their notoriously heated and sometimes too-public rendezvous’ had been a source of entertainment for many through magazines and television tabloids; and their break-ups had been as well. More than once had they arrived at a party with some hot new lover by their side only to end up ravaging each other in the coat closet. It had become a running joke that no one knew who Holly or Adam would be bringing to a party, but everyone knew that they’d be going home together.

“Not getting cold feet, are you?” A’Marie asked as she slipped into the dressing room. Holly smiled at the woman she was proud to call her friend. It was a funny thing, the way life changed. The first time they’d met they had hated one another. Holly’s history with Edge had been part of the tension, but mostly it had been because A’Marie was so brutally honest. She had never been willing to put up with Holly’s tendency to lose herself. She would fall into a role and forget who she really was; get caught up in the excitement of the moment.

Still, when Holly had overdosed on booze and cocaine, it was Edge and A’marie who drove Adam to the airport, got on the plane with him and brought him safely to the hospital. She’d nearly died that day. In some ways she had, really. The part of her which based itself on what other people thought, the infamous ‘party girl’ whom Bono had so often sung about had died.

Adam had helped Holly to find herself after that. It hadn’t been easy for either of them, but with the help of Larry, Alyx, Edge, A’Marie, Bono, Natalie and Paul they hadn’t had a drink or done anything stronger than aspirin since.

Holly still did the occasional photo shoot, but more than anything these days she was speaking to teenagers or groups of addicts struggling to recover and encouraging them to stay away from the crutches of drugs and alcohol. During the Vertigo tour she had not missed a single concert, traveling alongside Adam every step of the way and having the time of her life.

They had finally found a peace in each other which they had somehow always sensed was there. They were two halves of a whole, a key and a lock. Everyone commented on how each of them looked better than they had in years, and when asked for their secret, it was always the same; Adam for Holly and vice versa.

“Honey, if I haven’t made up my mind by now I’m hopeless,” Holly replied lightly.

“I have to admit, I wasn’t sure either of you would ever make the decision to settle down. Let alone get it together enough to do it with one another.” A’Marie teased.

“You and everyone else,” Alyx chimed in as she stepped into the room, their youngest girl Cecilia leading the way on her tip toes so she didn’t spoil her pretty tights. Everyone still had to laugh at the thought of Alyx’s daughter being such a prissy girly-girl. Bono blamed it all on Larry.

“Aunt Holly, am I your favorite flower girl?” Cecilia piped up, blinking the silvery eyes she’d inherited from her father and smiling sweetly.

“You are one of the prettiest flower girls I’ve ever seen!” Holly told her, kneeling to look the girl in the eye. “And not just in my wedding, but in any wedding, ever!” This pleased the girl enormously and Alyx smiled at Holly in thanks. The last thing she needed was a bawling three year-old right now. She had thought her days of diapers and scraped knees were long over at age forty seven, but she had discovered that Larry’s sperm were still as stubborn and single minded as ever.

Their first son, Jimmy was twenty four years old; old enough to have a child of his own. Thankfully, they had not yet earned the title of grandparents. Not that Jimmy didn’t have the girls chasing him just as much as they’d ever chased his father had; he just hadn’t felt the urge to settle down quite as early on. He was making a name for himself as a footballer with Manchester United and earning a reputation to rival Casanova with the ladies.

They had another daughter, Cindy, who was nineteen and their youngest son Max was fifteen and madly in love with Edge and A’ Marie’s sixteen year old daughter Storm. Storm, in turn, was determined that one day she would be married to Bono and Natalie’s oldest son Brendan, who was nearing twenty now. In total, the three couples had eleven children, and Alyx and Larry had both the oldest and the youngest. There was a serious concern that sooner or later two of the band members would share a grandchild.

“Aunt Holly, you look so pretty!” Storm gushed as she, too joined them in the crowded dressing room.

“No one will even notice me, with a beauty like you in the room.” Holly replied, making the girl smile shyly. She looked a lot like Edge when she was embarrassed, and there was no denying she was his daughter in that moment. It reminded Holly of the boy who had once been her friend and lover; the only person other than Adam whom she ever came close to loving. Her heart ached with love as she looked at her, then around the room at each of the faces of the people closest to her.

“I’m ready.” She said, nodding decisively. One last group hug and little Cecilia led the way, tossing clumps of rose petals along her path and smiling brilliantly at the people gathered in the garden to watch the ceremony.

As she rounded the corner and started down the aisle, Holly saw Adam waiting for her at the altar. His silver hair was neatly trimmed, his blue eyes shining without the glasses to hide them anymore. They had indeed come a long way from the first meeting, the blonde afro and extra-tight blue jeans with a cigarette as his constant accessory. The way he made her heart swell was less about the changes he’d made outside, however, and more about the changes inside. Inside himself, but also inside of her.

Bono, Edge and Larry all stood beside him, and Alyx, A’Marie and Natalie waited on her side. The people who had been there for her through countless mistakes and indiscretions over so many years. Holly blinked away tears as she realized that she’d always had everything she needed with these friends. She smiled at Adam in his tuxedo and he smiled back. It had taken them twenty five years to the day, but they had finally figured out exactly where they wanted to be. Together. Forever.

Last edited:
The wedding:heart:
The Children:heart:

I :heart: happy endings.

Although my :heart: wishes it could have gone on forever
SG:heart:

:lmao: Larry has stubborn sperm.

AND a prissy girly-girl.

Must. Stop. Giggling.

Ahem. Good lookin', young woman! Good lookin'!

Back
Top Bottom