Our Man of the Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bearleft

The Fly
Guess who's been named one of Time Magazine's People of the Year.:) The other two are Bill & Melinda Gates.

http://www.time.com has the full story.

timepoy.jpg

timepoy2.jpg

I just saw that on the news! Great start to my day, I was hoping and hoping he'd get it. :up:

(But my only confusion is: if Bill and Melinda Gates are married, why's Bono between them?:huh: )

The CNN special is on again tonight at 7 ET. They had separate segments on Bill and Melinda Gates and Bono, then at the end they had a nice behind the scenes segment on the photo shoot.

greety said:
Is there a way to save the B/W pics on time.com site?
Rightclicksaving doesn't apply there or does that have anything to do with me using Mozilla?:scratch:

I couldn't save them either, and I use Safari on a Mac.

I am so happy about Our B-Man being named a TIME Man of the Year. Just think: in 50 years, whenever TIME runs a layout featuring all their Man of the Year covers, Bono will be there...

thank you, nursechrissi, for posting those entire articles for us! :wink:

I can't wait to receive this issue. :dancing:

thank you, u2granny.

I really like the pic of Bono's formula for the elimination of extreme poverty that he wrote on the blackboard. :lmao:

Wonderful stuff.

u2granny said:

Your welcome! I use firefox too. You have to use the print screen button on your keyboard then paste to paint or whatever program you have.

Thanks for the pics granny :bow:

I tried your suggestion but nothing happens when I push the print screen button, I have to say I am aan illiterate when it comes to computers :huh:

greety said:

Thanks for the pics granny :bow:

I tried your suggestion but nothing happens when I push the print screen button, I have to say I am aan illiterate when it comes to computers :huh:

After you push print screen you have to open up paint, photoshop or whatever program you have, then paste to that program. Then the picture will show up and you "save as" to where you want. Ahh...I know how to....I just don't write directions very well.:|

Ah, thank you Granny, it works now :wink:

I just didn't know what to do once I pushed screen print, but now I know and prolly /hopefuly won't forget ;)

to SimplyConfused (btw this should be my nickname lol): teh shiny shoe is from Anton Crobijn himself. It was from that opening of his exhibition of U2 & I.

I did a search but have failed to find the link. there were lots of pics for sure.
I'll search some more..

Congratulations Bono. I can't wait to get this in the mail. I like the purple socks too.

SimplyConfused said:

Who's wearing the shiny shoes in that picture? Well, they look shiny to me...

That's Edge, the one in the converses, ain't it?

The person standing on the left ("shiny shoes") is Anton Corbjin and Edge is on the right. The photo is from the "U2 & i" exhibition opening.:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom