Our day in Dublin :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisa2004

Acrobat
Hi all, Im in a hotel in Dublin at the mo! I thought id tell you about my day!

OK, we arrived here this morning at 8.30am, checked in to the hotel and settled in. Then we thought we'd go for a wander and headed for the Clarence, finding it eventually :) Our friend Dave who is also a massive U2 fan noticed a very nice car parked outside and said it was Bono's OMG!! We waited for a bit and then some guy (didnt recognise him) came and picked him up. We were gutted B wasnt there but was pleased to see his car. We asked the doorman why it was there and where B was and he said B was drinking there last night and left the car there.

So, we then decided to go to Windmill Lane and saw the Wall, very cool! We signed it and then walked down further to Hanover Quay studios. This is when it got really exciting!!

A truck pulled out and asked us what we were doing. We said we wanted to see U2's studios and they told us a couple of them would be down later!!!! The next minute, a car pulled up and Paul McGuinness got out! We were in shock!! He was lovely, Dave knew him so that helped! He told us he didnt know where B was and that he was the only one in the country. We got a pic with him and shook his hand. He was with his wife and she was nice too. I cant post pics til tomorrow, need to scan!! Then Paul went inside.

We waited for another ten mins and i decided i needed the loo!! Typical. There were loads of workmen about so i decided to ask one of them if i could use a portaloo!! LOL! He said sure and told me to follow. We went a few paces and then he stopped and looked at a car next to us. Then he said "Thats Bono in the car!" I was like.. whhhhaaaaaaaaaaatt!! And he said, "there, in the car" and i looked at the car right beside me and he was sat in the drivers seat SINGING!!! I gaped at him and then turned back to Lisa and Dave saying, "he's in the car!" They didnt believe me so they had a look aswell and couldnt believe it. I had started crying by this point! I couldnt believe it!! Bono stayed in he car for a couple of mins, talking and still singing. He then got out and walked towards us, saying "hi, how are you doing?" BTW, it was a blue shirt not purple, i was very out of it when i spoke to Nik! We said hi back and Dave asked him if we could have a moment of his time. He shook all our hands and said "sure but be quick cos im running really late!" Lisa asked if we could get a photo and he said sure.

We got a great pic with him (will post tomorrow :)) and then i asked for a hug. He gave me a big hug and i told him he was awesome, he laughed and thanked me, then Lisa got a hug. She told him to have a good time in Oz and he thanked her and said he was really looking forward to it!! Dave said we saw his car at Clarence nd he said, "is that where it was!" LOL! He lost his £80,000 car!! Then Dave got a pic, Bono looks to die for in that one. Then Bono was walking towards the studio and Dave told him that he had named his son Harlem and Bono was really pleased. Then, when he got to the door, he stretched and stared up to the sky and ran his hand through his hair! I asked him if he was ok and he smiled at me and said he was having a really stressful morning. Then Lisa asked him if he'd been out last night and he laughed and nodded! He looked so hungover, so funny!! He then said he had to get going, thanked us and said bye and we told him we loved him! He gave us a beautiful smile and then went inside. Cue much mad screaming!!!!

He was so smiley and charming!! We got lots of great pics, cant wait to show you! So, quite a day!! Ill report back again tomorrow!!!! We honestly had no idea he was even here, its unbelievable!!

(A very excited) Jo! xxxxxxxx

P.s In one of the pics you can see his car keys and he has got a "B" keyring!! SOOOO CUTE!!!! LOVE HIM!

AWSOME FOR YOU!!!!! Sounds like a dream come true, I would have been crying too. I have got to get to Ireland one day. Even my husband wants to go but ofcourse we have different reasons!:drool:

Keep the stories and esp. pictures coming, I love reading them!

That's so cool! Congrats!
I'm going to Dublin in 2 weeks, but I guess Bono will be in South America. :(
I was in Dublin around New Year's Eve, spent some time in the Clarence, too. :wink: But unfortunately Bono wasn't there :sad: I guess, I'll never meet him- wrong timing... :(
But was Bono at HQ studios? Were they recording?!
I'm looking forward to see your pictures :)

I'm sure he knew where his car was and was joking :lol: But it's nice to know that he is responsible enough not to drive when drinking :).

Anyway, sorry about the watermarks :reject:
14d82be9.jpg

The photo credit says David Mepham. Is that your friend Dave?

ahhh brilliant lisa & jo :applaud: i was crossing my finger for you, seems you had just the right timing

btw, did those reporters follow you around?! because it looks like that's you guys in front of the Clarence on the first photo.

It looks like there's a ticket on the Maserati.:wink:
And I love the way it's parked right at the front door of the hotel.
Gawd, he acts like he owned the place!

kellyahern said:
I'm sure he knew where his car was and was joking :lol: But it's nice to know that he is responsible enough not to drive when drinking :).

Anyway, sorry about the watermarks :reject:
14d82be9.jpg

The photo credit says David Mepham. Is that your friend Dave?

:drool:

He looks a little hungover :wink:

congrats on your meeting!

Where you further down the road from the studios as those doors look like they are the other building next to it?

Must have been a good night out he looks a tad rough!! :wink:
Sexy though!!:drool:

Lucky bitch!! Go you! And he definately looks pissed in those pictures. Hahahahahahahahahaha! Damn watermarks... Now I have a picture of Bono's car... And Katie goes deeper into the dark world of... being a stalker...

I can just imagine it. I'll be in these bushes and me mobile will ring.

Mum: "Heya Katie."
Me: "SHHHH! I'm staking out at Bono's at the moment!"
Bono: "I know you're out there! You stalker! I'll get you one day! It's been thirty years!!"

Then he'll collapse cuz he left his zimmer frame inside. :wink:

Congrats!!! I remember reading earlier in the week how excited you were to go to Ireland and hoping to run into the B-Man. EXCELLENT!!! :applaud:

What great pictures!!!!:drool: Isn't weird though that we on the other side of the ocean knew exactly what Bono did today? Now I even have a nice pix of his car and plate number!!!!!:eeklaugh:

westendgirl said:
Nope! In 2 weeks Bono will be with me here in DC!!!!!

I miss him...:sad:

not if i can help it..cuz I will be in DC too...:wink: Along with many, many other gals...from here and the zoo.... Major competition you will have...:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom