Our Beautiful Baby...Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:
Better look out Irelandwhispers, when we find a girl who can take watermarks off pics we make threads and post them there to be dewatermarked! Sicy, Bammo 2 and a few others have done a lot of the corbis pics! Any you want to do, we'll be happy! Thanks again, good job! :wave:

Again, I :heart: playing with pics. The problem is that I won't have my high-speed connection over the summer...I'm going home in 2 1/2 weeks! Dial-up modem=:barf:. I might network my two computers so I can still do this kind of stuff, though. Otherwise I'll just have to get some CDs so I can burn pics and transfer them.

Kariann said:

Umm...these wouldn't have snuck in for any one particular person's benefit would they?
:shifty: Whatever could you mean? They just popped up by accident...no pun intended...

Gonna sneak this one in...which I know will be appreciated! :)

3374367523232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2327%3D6%3A8%3D9%3A5%3Dxroqdf%3E23233866284%3B7ot1lsi

and this one...

3374367523232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D6%3A8%3D9%3A5%3Dxroqdf%3E232338948%3C%3A4%3Aot1lsi
:love: I always appreciate the coats!

BRB with more...maybe not baby though...I think I'm tapped.

Everyone better enjoy these because I'm fighting a losing battle with snapshit right now!! :madspit:

Have I posted this one? I can't remember.
337437%3B923232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233696%3A%3B879ot1lsi

This one is generally very much appreciated!
337437%3B923232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233696%3A%3A%3B52ot1lsi

I'm all out of baby so here are a few that absolutely DEMAND posting.

337437%3B923232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323382%3C%3A%3C998ot1lsi

Can there be a Bono thread without this picture? No, I don't think so.
337437%3B923232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233625%3A9%3B34ot1lsi

Last edited:
adamswildhoney said:

Once again, I must say, it is great to see he can still wear that kind of a hat and make it look great!

Originally posted by Schmeg
This one is generally very much appreciated!

And for very good reason!

Baby Bono pictures-woohoo! Good idea for a thread.

He was such a cutie back then (not that he isn't a cutie now)...that innocent look on his face along with the messy, poofy hair...awwww...(I like his poofy hair, I like his mullet, it was cute on him).

I love seeing the picture of him as an actual baby. I look at Bono now and then I look at the baby picture-I can't believe that's the same guy!

And I also love the picture of him and Ali on their wedding day...that's a sweet image.

U2Kitten, that one picture you found...niiiicccce...:yes: :up:.

Angela

I agree with Moonlit Angel, this one is much appreciated

337437%3B923232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233696%3A%3A%3B52ot1lsi

and this one is hot!

flysexy.jpg

I also agree that Boy Bono, and mullet Bono were cute:cute: I have always loved the way he looked when he was young, with his big innocent eyes and puffy hairdo. :kiss:

Last edited:
Too much is not enough!

3374457523232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233625%3A%3A38%3Aot1lsi

I think I post this one every week, too. I need to switch out my Snapfish album.
3374457523232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323365779696ot1lsi

3374457523232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233696%3A%3C4%3C2ot1lsi

3374457523232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233625%3A%3B7%3C3ot1lsi

elevation2u said:
all the pics i posted looked fine yesterday and now there red X's :mad:

Two of the pics in your sig have been red X's for a long time, too.

*edit: You're linking directly from someone's web site, so they probably moved the pics or something to prevent bandwidth stealing. Or maybe the site crashed because too many people are linking to the site? I'm not sure of the technical reasons those red X's show up, but I know that it IS related to the bandwidth theft going on.

Is anyone else sick of seeing red X's? Is uploading to snapfish or something like that too much of a problem?

*steps off soapbox*

Last edited:
A lot of sites will let you post them at first, but within 24 hours they turn to a red x. Yahoo/yahoofs is bad for this. What they do is, they change the addy just a little bit so the linking will stop working. :( One site, U2wanderer, actually has a sad faced zooropa boy in a War hat that shows up in place of the pic the next day saying 'stop linking to my site and taking my bandwidth.'

Another thing that happens is, you can see the pic if it's in your browser, but no one else can, and if you close the window and come back later, it will be a red x for you as well. It's some kind of internet phenomenon, the pic was really never there, it just showed up for you for some reason. Sometimes everybody will be seeing a red x but the poster will swear it's there and don't know what's wrong. That's what I mean. It happens frequently with geocities sites. Tripod and angelfire will turn into little symbols. I never bothered making a site there because the only reason I'd want a site is to post pics here, so if it doesn't work, it's useless!

Sigh, you can tell I've spent a lot of time, too much time, on message boards and posting pics, is it not obvious? :eek:

U2Kitten said:

Another thing that happens is, you can see the pic if it's in your browser, but no one else can, and if you close the window and come back later, it will be a red x for you as well. It's some kind of internet phenomenon, the pic was really never there, it just showed up for you for some reason. Sometimes everybody will be seeing a red x but the poster will swear it's there and don't know what's wrong.

If they haven't refreshed the screen or left the site, they're going to be able to see the pic while everyone else sees a red X. I'm not sure how it works, but a lot of sites seem to have the pictures set up to change addresses after a certain period of time. I have a hard time believing site owners go in and change all the addresses themselves, because that would be a major pain to do. (I remember having had to change the addresses of all my MIDI files at one point because I did them wrong...ARGH...) The pics they replace them with, like the zooropa boy you mentioned, also take up bandwidth, but not as much because they're usually smaller images. The site owners are willing to sacrifice bandwidth for a little longer to get their point across. I'm going to keep saying this over and over again: stealing bandwidth is NOT cool. These people put tons of work into their sites. Linking to the pictures on them forces them to go back and make a lot of changes if they can't afford enough bandwidth to support the linking.

It's something weird with geocities, as long as you have the same window open YOU can see it but no one else ever can. Those addys don't change, they just never worked, except for the person who posted it, and only, as you say if the page hasn't been refreshed.

I think Yahoo has some kind of automatic addy switcher and no one person does it. They will show up for almost exactly 24 hours then go red x. Maybe their system can sense the linking and boots out a letter in the addy or something. It only takes one letter different to make a pic go red x. I've seen that when I've pasted wrong.

Using people's bandwidth does not seem right, but some people don't really mind. I think Olive (correct me if I'm wrong!) keeps her site up for all the PLEBA girls to use and doesn't mind. Some people have asked us not to link their sites, and some, like you say, make them go red x later. (that's another reason to *rightclicksave* as soon as you see a pic you like, it might vanish if you wait!)

Sites like u2images have never complained, (they might not know we're doing it) but I have seen her site go down and become only a sign that says "bandwidth limit exceeded for the month."

U2Kitten said:
It's something weird with geocities, as long as you have the same window open YOU can see it but no one else ever can. Those addys don't change, they just never worked, except for the person who posted it, and only, as you say if the page hasn't been refreshed.

Using people's bandwidth does not seem right, but some people don't really mind. I think Olive (correct me if I'm wrong!) keeps her site up for all the PLEBA girls to use and doesn't mind. Some people have asked us not to link their sites, and some, like you say, make them go red x later. (that's another reason to *rightclicksave* as soon as you see a pic you like, it might vanish if you wait!)

Sites like u2images have never complained, (they might not know we're doing it) but I have seen her site go down and become only a sign that says "bandwidth limit exceeded for the month."

The reason the geocities account holder can see them and no one else can is because they're logged in with their password and everything. Sites like tripod and geocities don't let other web users access your account files; you have to be logged in with your password.

Olive probably has plenty of bandwidth if she lets PLEBA link her images. (Does she own a server or have unlimited access to one? If it's something like a college server, she can do that, but my college has problems with bandwidth and their server goes down and the net is slow when a lot of users are online.) I wasn't talking about her, I was talking about those who don't have or can't afford the bandwidth.

Perhaps PLEBA should ask permission from sites before posting, and then post a statement of permission along with the images. If they're nice enough to let us use their bandwidth, we should help advertise their sites. A lot of sites request that you provide links to them if you choose to use their images on your own web sites or whatever.

Anyway, FallingStar offered to help set up a snapfish account for all to use, so I'm hoping everyone will put it to good use. It might not be the best solution, but it's certainly better than bandwidth theft (if you have permission to link, you're not stealing bandwidth).

Back
Top Bottom