Ouestion about "Bad" video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
I watched the Best of 1980-1990 today again and I noticed a couple of things that I wasn't sure of:

In the starting of the "Bad" vid, Bono seems to be removing something, some item of clothing from his bod. It's definitely not his shirt, since he's not wearing one, its not his belt -he's wearing suspenders. So WHAT is it? It's like a long rope that he's unwinding from himself.... or something? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it!!

And, is it just me, or does Edge look pissed off in ISHFWILF?

And, did anyone notice how the cameraman jumps and is startled in the "Streets' vid, where Bono touches his arm? :D It's funny :)

U2Girl1978 said:
I know that Bono did startle the cameraman. That was funny. I don't remember Edge being pissed off. I'll have to rewatch it.

He doesn't smile throughout. There's a lot of happy lipsynching going on around him, but he looks upset/pissed.

Edge definately looks pissed off when Bono sings in his ear. It's given me quite a giggle whenever I watch it. And yeah, as the other girls have said: it's a sash.. I hafta say when he unravels that sash I'm thinking: bring it on, boy! Bring it on. Unfortunately he stops at the sash..ack.....

Haven't watched Streets in ages
Yes, he's usually so smiley that he looks murderous in ISHFWILF
The sash is called a cummerbund :giggle:

Babydoll said:

He doesn't smile throughout. There's a lot of happy lipsynching going on around him, but he looks upset/pissed.

I don't think he's pissed off at all. I think that's his customary long-suffering look that's associated with Bono. :wink:

Best part of that video, in my opinion.

ishfwilf.jpg

I think Edge back in those days looked pissed. It looked like an act since he was so quiet and stuff. He was probably annoyed that Bono was always singing in his face. :lol:

I don't know. :shrug: :lol:

I've also reacted about Edge in ISHFWILF, and my sister demands to know what is up. If you watch it really closely, at one point he sighs really deeply. I mean, both Larry and Adam look really happy in the video (Adam almost looks a little too happy) but Edge looks bored and angry...

I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where now) that the director wanted the Bono to act like a street preacher and Edge to act like a busker annoyed by the steet preacher. don't know what adam or larry's roles were supposed to be. does anyone else remember anything like this?

Re: Re: Ouestion about "Bad" video

yeter said:

I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where now) that the director wanted the Bono to act like a street preacher and Edge to act like a busker annoyed by the steet preacher. don't know what adam or larry's roles were supposed to be. does anyone else remember anything like this?

nevermind, I read it wrong.:|

Re: Re: Ouestion about "Bad" video

yeter said:
I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where now) that the director wanted the Bono to act like a street preacher and Edge to act like a busker annoyed by the steet preacher.

That would explain some things.

Maybe Adam & Larry were supposed to be drunken Las Vegas revellers.

although I read somewhere that Larry was off between shots chatting with cops about the make & model of their motorcycles, so he couldn't have been too :drunk:

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:
I think Edge back in those days looked pissed. It looked like an act since he was so quiet and stuff. He was probably annoyed that Bono was always singing in his face. :lol:

I don't know. :shrug: :lol:

LOL,your explanation is probably about right.:wink:

Yes it's for sale everywhere these days for like $4.99. One of the best deals you'll ever find! It's wonderful! :)

The song is also on the Best of 1980-1990 dvd/vhs too. They have all the good songs of that era on it, plus a documentary on the making of the unforgettable fire.

Babydoll said:
The song is also on the Best of 1980-1990 dvd/vhs too. They have all the good songs of that era on it, plus a documentary on the making of the unforgettable fire.

I havent seen that dvd around here.. is that documentary the same as the one on the Slane Elevation dvd?
rattle and hum was my first U2 dvd... when bad was there(I already loved the song) I was like :ohmy:

i bought it on ebay from a guy in china this summer, haha. i dont know about the documentary, since i havent seen the slane castle one but its mostly a recording of the songs from UF. and yeah, bad's live performance RAWKS!! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom