Origin of your screen name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
babyman: the main reason for this name is because when i was a little boy i always used to cry for everything, especially when soap went into my eyes while the baths! so my mom started to call me "anti-shampoo baby", then i grew up and i bought achtung baby, i played it thousands of times with my friends, until they really become nauseate and one time a friend of mine said to me while playing one: "again?? stop this baby, man!!" and my girlfriend used to call me baby...the word baby accompanied me during my growth, but the "stop this baby, man!" of my friend remained in my brain...now i'm man, and i never finished to be a baby...so babyman! :yes:

All these origin stories have been very interesting reads. :yes:

As for mine: I was watching an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on TV a few years ago and it amused me how Cordelia's licence plate was "Queen C." I remember thinking that it would be really cool for me to get a customized licence plate like that when I'd get a car, except that it'd be a 'B' for my first initial. So, I ended up using "Queen B" as my alias at a few message boards and decided to change it to "Queen Bee" because I thought it was clever. :shrug:

najeena said:
Gretchen is the diminutive af Margaret, Margaret means pearl, the word pearl is najeena in Arabic. I'm a fool for Arabic music and dance.

:yes:

Margaret is Margareta in dutch but people call me Greta or Greet.
I first thought about 'sweety' as a name but found that too cheesy so i mixed those two up a little. Also like to greet :wink: everybody.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Niamh= Irish name I like
Saoirse= irish name I also like

Therefore: Niamh_Saoirse

Jaysus...That was real hard, wasn't it? :lol:

And how do you pronounce it? I think you told me but I don't remember :scratch:

Supernova is a kind of a energetic explosive event.It's the death of a star.
If I'm not wrong,the center of a star explodes,releasing a huge amount of energy.

supernova.gif

I chose this screen name because I love looking at the stars and I think the light generated by this explosion is very beautiful.

Last edited:
I was smoking crack at 3 a.m. the first time I surfed on Interference? :shrug:

Ok, so maybe not the crack part, but I was up very late and I have honestly no idea how that name hit me. The abbreviation, BLS, ended up being appropriate too (from Angel of Harlem).

Boy, did I get it from my hubby though when he found out my screen name, he was not very happy :uhoh:

My story is very simple... my favorite U2 album is achtung baby! and I love all the things that they create around that album, and their image then. I like a lot all the stuff from the ZooTv tour and I'm a girl and... puf! that is the legendary origin of my screen name

My SN comes from a greeting card I saw in college. It had a picture of an olive on it, and beneath the olive, the word "you" (meaning to say "I love you") so when I joined here I just added the 2: oliveu2. The CM are my initials; I was so used to signing up for aol IM and having no screen names available, that I thought "oliveu2" might be taken so I threw on the cm. :wink:

funniest thing is I dont even like olives :yuck:

Jack In The Box is a early U2 song

that's all about my SN, and is my nick in everything, sometimes in MSN, and always in other forums

I have thought of changing it, because generates confusion, am a girl and the nick seems of boy, but I haven't changed it because already have fondness to it or something

Last edited:
Emerald was taken, I have green eyes, went with EmeraldEyes...and got that username as it wasn't already in use..woo hoo!

When I first start perusing the site, I asked Disco how I should come about a name. She suggested I check the U2 lyrics and see what struck me as most appealing.

these lyrics jumped off the page at me:

the moon is playing tricks again
i'm feeling sea sick again
the whole world could just dissolve
into a glass of water.

It's from "If You Wear That Velvet Dress".

I've always loved the moon and the idea of a moon playing tricks just appealed to me. So, I shortened it a little and used "moon is playing tricks". I shortened it even more to Moonie. I also have a crescent moon tattoo on my left shoulder.

Then, one day... I was saying something funny, and I signed my name as Moobie Moober Moonie Mooner or something like that. Moobers stuck. That all came about from the whole Larry's Moob thing. ;)

So, there you have it.

Moonie :D

Frenchie is cuz I teach French and that is what the other teachers call me. 1970 is the year I was born. Quite a boring story.

well... my story is kinda weird.. well.. not that much.

My whole life I've been told PEPO.. :wink:, and I really like it, because all Jose's get the nickname PEPE... and Pepo, is different... I like it.

I was going to the 1999 World Jamboree (I'm a Scout :) ), and on my jeans backpack I wrote PEPO with a pencil. And beneath that, far enough, I wrote KISS, because KISS is my 2nd favourite band :)hmm:, I wander who's N? 1 ). Both words were apart, but not that much.
One day, at the Jamboree, a friend from my Scout group was cleaning up the tent, and saw the backpack and yealled : PEPOKISS ???... BWAHAHAHA... every body started laughing beacuse it sounded funny and because Kiss is.. well, a kiss... and if you don't know, it sounds kinda gay... (not that there's anything wrong with that)...
And te more I think about it, the more I liked the name... so I kept it...

PEPOKISS

but in real life, I go by PEPO :wink:

I may not be a regular PLEBAn, but my story is very simple. When I was first coming to this board back in 2000, I thought about what name I would use - and "U2girl" just popped into my head. (I know....very original lol)

:D @ BLS and BAW'husbands reactions - I thought those names were good, myself. :up: Very PLEBA-ish.

Back
Top Bottom