Orgasmatron - Meeting 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Millions of apologies to all the Edge girls for being so lacadaisical about my meeting calling duties!!

I think now that we have some new Edge girls (Echo, Heartland Girl), the time has come to call another get together!

Agenda

1) Are we going to attempt another Edge chat?

2) Welcome to new members!
smile.gif
Would they care to tell us why they love Edge and how they first fell in love w. him?

3) What's your fave Edge song? (either he sings, or for his backing vocals, or a cover, or his playing)

4) Post your fave Edge pic from this tour so far

5) Other important business I may have forgotten.

OK! Me first....

Hmmmm. This is a difficult question, and it depends on the day, but I guess my overall fave Edge solo is just before "Into The Heart" on Boy. What a glimpse into that man's soul!!! One of my other fave Solos is The Fly. That is one kick ass solo. My other fave guitar bits are the W or W You solo in R&H, and the long live All I want Is You solos. When he sings Stand By Me I want to cry. When he sings the falsetto from Stuck I want to faint into a puddle.

OK, here's my fave piccie (Miss Zooropa's),

6D66735.jpg

and one that I took that I am mighty fond of!
9Y65508.jpg

Oh! And I love a good pic of Edge's behind too!
biggrin.gif

7p66906.jpg

And where's EdgeWench??? She's new too!
smile.gif

1) Are we going to attempt another Edge chat?

Well...sure...I have a new/different wayt to get to a chat room unless we want to use the Interference chat and just go on "private"??? I'm also booked/out of pocket this weekend tho....

3) What's your fave Edge song? (either he sings, or for his backing vocals, or a cover, or his playing)

I love CORPSE (These Chains are Way too Long) because it's eerie and haunting, and Edge sings his own falsetto like an angel...I love "Alex Descends" because Edge's jangling gee-tar mixed with Larry's throbbing drums is enough to drive a woman wild!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I also love his anti-solo in "Love is Blindness" because it's not what he does, but what he DOESN'T do...he doesn't go all 'off' on the song, or get carried away like some guitarists (tho I sure wish he had)..it's more like he's controlling the atmosphere of the song by keeping the solo very tight and limited. He could have done so much more with it, but...that's Edge for ya.

4) Post your fave Edge pic from this tour so far

YIKES! Can I find one? Can I pick ONLY one??? Hmmm...well, I do like this one!

lf88228.jpg

Can't remember who I "borrowed" it from tho....he looks so mysterious in it...sigh....

p.s. your pic, Jess...does it look to you like Edge...um...wet his drawers??
eek.gif
hehehehe....

Disco
----

MOMM of EBOC

Here are a few of my better Edge Pics from the Baltimore show!

da45197.jpg

d753775.jpg

dl30495.jpg

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

1) Yeah, sure I'm up for another Edge
chat, I just hope I can be there longer
this time! I'm gonna be out of town this weekend, so I can't make it then.
(sorry!)

2) Ohhh dang, you did not just ask me to pick
one Edge song...I'm gonna forget one!
-UTEOTW solo. 'nuff said
wink.gif

-Fly solo
-MW solo in concert
-Heck, every song from AB is full of Edgey goodness.
biggrin.gif

-Van Diemen's Land of course!
-I agree w/ you Jess on WOWY and AIWIY!!
-Solo in Deep in the Heart, and the part where he says "It'll work out right" along
w/ Bono, I don't know why I love that so
much!
-All his awesome stunts in POP
-Practically all of his harmonizing parts,
and that's way too many songs to list, heh.
-Eh, there's more, but I can't list it!

3)How can I post just one pic! So many good
ones! Jess, you posted 3 of em already!
smile.gif

Actually I like any pic of him from this
leg b/c I looove the shirts he's wearing!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh! NEW BUSINESS:
I know you have your chair title Jess, and Disco does too, but do the rest of us? I really, really want a cool one! But I dunno what it could be! Maybe there's some sort of crazy way we could devise names? Just a thought...

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 10-23-2001).]

Hello, my name is HeartlandGirl, and I think the Edge is super swell.
smile.gif

1. The chat---never participated previously, but I could try to be there. Sounds like fun.

2. Why I like Edge---First of all, I'm attracted to musical prowess. Talent can really make an unattractive person look a lot better. Not that I'm saying Edge isn't hot, but at first, I really got to like him because of his amazing guitar playing. I've always liked U2, but when my friend (now husband) had me watch the Zoo TV video, I really fell in love with the whole band. The more I watched Zoo TV (and eventually PopMart), the more I realized that the Edge was amazing. The way he sings, his passionate playing, his intensity, his philosophy, it's all intriguing to me. Not to mention, the way he struts down the cat walk in PopMart at the end of UTEOTW, even my little sister was like, "Got-damn, he's sexy!"
biggrin.gif

I can say honestly that I find each member wonderful and attractive in his own way, but Edge is probably my overall favorite. My admiration of him has also recently increased after reading "U2 at the End of the World" and seeing how intelligent and sensitive Edge is. I must admit, though, that I am far more obsessed with the band as a whole than just one member.

Wow, I blabbled a lot there. Sorry.

3. Favorite Edge song---Love Is Blindness, without a doubt. The solo at the end, especially live, is devastatingly beautiful. After the solo, I feel like my heart has been ripped out, but it will be okay, because we (me and U2) are in it together. I also love when Edge sings Numb on Zoo TV because of all the intense close-up shots. And when he sings the echo "You've gotta give it away" and then rocks out on guitar on PopMart, ah yeah! He rules.

4. I don't know that it's from this tour, but I like it, and it's a picture I can figure out how to post. I'll try to be more original next time.

xF83091.jpg

5. For new business, maybe we could all say which Edge "era" we like best, e.g. JT, UF, the new look, the beanie-less times of Passengers, the bedazzled times of AB, etc.

As for me, I think he's so lovely in his Zooropa uniform. I think I need to go watch the end of Zoo TV!

Alright, I'm AUDI 5000.

Yours in Edgeiness,
Jennifer

Upon closer inspection, I am 100% sure that the pic I posted is NOT from recent times. Still, it's a great picture.

*HG imagines Edge looking at her like that*

*HG gets chills!*

1) I'd love to participate in a chat, but I always forget that they're happening! Argh! *Staples Post-It note to forehead to remind self*

2) Okay, so here's the story of how I first noticed Edge:

I'd been a Bono Girl for quite some time, but one night me and some friends were sitting around watching U2 music videos. Not everyone there was familiar with U2, but they had fun ragging on their silly haircuts and such.

There were a bunch of early videos all in a row on the tape, and I noticed an interesting distinction about them. He doesn't really do it anymore, but in those early videos Edge kind of bops around while he's playing, and he does this kind of, I don't know how to describe it, like not overt pelvic thrusts, but it's very rhythmic and sexual. But being as it's the Edge and all, it's a bit subtle, and I'd never noticed it before. I've always appreciated a man who can broadcast his sexuality on a low frequency.

Feeling the need to be honest yet amusing, I said aloud, "Is anyone else becoming aroused watching the Edge?"

One of my (unenlightened) friends responded, "The edge of what?"

3) I love "Van Diemen's Land," because it's not a typical U2 song, it's one of those tunes that keeps you from getting bored with their sound. It's also unique in that it's told from a first-person point of view, whereas when Bono writes socially concious pieces about individuals it is in the third-person. (Like in "Pride," "Surrender" and "Exit," for example.)

"Chains," to me, is a very powerful song on a personal level, because I can frequently identify with the dilemma of being given, figurateively, enough rope to hang oneself with.

When Edge sings "Ultra-vi-o-let..." it makes me want to cry.

The solo in "Love is Blindness" is proof that Agony and Ecstasy are just a breath apart.

Oh, and I also think it's really cute when he screws up in his karaoke version of "Daydream Believer."

-Echo

------------------
Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure
Experience it at http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

Welcome to all the new members!
smile.gif

1) I'd go for another Edge chat- hopefully I could make it this time!
redface.gif
*hangs head in shame*

3) My favorite Edge song is probably his solo Sunday Bloody Sunday peformance from the PopMart Video. (Did this happen at all PopMart shows?) But I also love the UTEOTW and BTBS guitar solos and his backing vocals on LNOE....there's just so much to pick from!

4) Well, since most of my photos turned out crappy
mad.gif
, I'll have to post a pic I didn't take:

3326%3A%3C8323232%7Ffp38%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3DXROQDF%3E2323266486265ot1lsi

This picture of Edge and his daughter is so adorable- I can't resist posting it!
smile.gif

3326%3A%3C8323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3DXROQDF%3E2323266485269ot1lsi

------------------
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be alright
Uncertainty can be a guiding light

"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

A pale girl with dark hair wearing glasses and a hat as a disguise sneaks into the back of the room and tries to look inconspicious...she is always looking around nervously. When the time is right she runs up to the front of the room...
Hi, my name is...ummm...greeneyes. I am just posting on bluey's account, yeah that's it....But I repeat I am NOT blueeyes. Uhh, I can't stay but I just want to say that Edge is very very cool. He is talented and smart and makes cool little funny faces sometimes. I really like the funny faces, they crack me up.
ed-oct1.jpg

Greeneyes looks around nervously and glances at her watch
Well it's been fun, gotta go...Bluey wants to use her account again.
-Greeneyes (NOT BLUEEYES!!)

Hey um... greeneyes. Welcome! You uh, bear a striking resemblance to your friend bluey, y'know. I dunno, maybe it's the blue eyes?
wink.gif
Ah but no, it couldn't be her. Everyone knows that she's totally devoted to Mr. Mac...unless she's being unfaithful. But honestly, who could resist Edge? NO ONE I TELL YOU!!! NOOO ONE!!
Ok I have 2 comments:
HG- I'm audi 5000!!! My friend and I used to say that all the time! Sweet!

Oh and echo:
He doesn't really do it anymore, but in those early videos Edge kind of bops around while he's playing, and he does this kind of, I don't know how to describe it, like not overt pelvic thrusts, but it's very rhythmic and sexual. But being as it's the Edge and all, it's a bit subtle, and I'd never noticed it before. I've always appreciated a man who can broadcast his sexuality on a low frequency.
Girl, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!!! I love his hip-swaying moves that he does! I loved it especially in the WOWY vid!!! ughhhh zowie....

* Greeneyes walks back up to the front of the room and posts a picture*
3326%3A%3C8323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3DXROQDF%3E23232729%3A%3B982ot1lsi

Hi again, Bluey left her computer for a minute, (and may I say she has a mouth like a sailor!!!!)
I should tell you all a little about myself:
I'm a science major, I don't have my own computer so I will use Bluey's and uhh, I own a bedazzler! It's pink and purple, which is scary but kind of cool in a trashy way.
Speaking of trash, Bluey is back from getting a martini, so I better get the hell out of here!
*hugs*
Greeneyes

Hi everyone!

I would definitely be up for another Edge chat.. Hopefully I can make it to this one..

My fav Edge song has to be Seconds... He has such a wonderful voice!

Sorry, not able to post pics yet..

Ooooh! This is an awesome thread. Yaaaay!

1) Fabulous piccies Fishy, they're adorable!
2) New titles for everyone would be excellent.
3) Maybe we should chat sometime not this weekend, but next? I didn't realise you could do a private chat through interference.
4) Echo, I know EXACTLY what you mean about the bopping thing. It drives me wild with lust, I can't believe I didn't mention it already. The way he moves in the Streets video is what first turned me on, but when he hops around in I Will Follow, etc, it's just so subtle, and SO SEXY!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!

*thinking of stealing away into a patient room to have cold shower...*

5) I don't even REMEMBER this Corpse/Chains thing. Will have to re-listen to it.
6) Greeneyes! Welcome! Maybe you could visit us whenever Blueyes is away in class.

Keep those piccies coming gals!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 10-24-2001).]

*Azalea runs into the room gasping, wondering if she is _way_ too late for the Orgasmatron meeting*

Arse! Feck! Ear infections!Anthrax!

*Azalea thanks Father Jack from Father Ted for his help here*
biggrin.gif

It took me several days to get everything together for the Orgasmatron meeting, Mrs. Edge, but here is my best attempt to answer your questions...

1)Yeah, I'm up for another chat! Sunday night, as before, is my best time. My BF usually goes home by about 9PM EST(before that time of day, he and I seem to have commited to a crash course in becoming 300 bowlers by Christmas!), so anytime after that is cool! It might be best, though, to put off a chat until everyone is done with mid-terms.

2)I _think_ that I answered this question in a earlier meeting, so my short answer is ... Edge is just cool!

3)Lately, Edge's background vocals in "Stuck..." have just touched me incredibly. They are almost angelic in their tone! I've heard the acoustic version of the song, and nearly cried...

4)Here, for your viewing pleasure, is a picture of Edge and Bono singing that I took in Chicago. It is just wonderful to see those two in action...

Aw31198.jpg

(For a larger picture, as well as at _least_ one more shot of Edgey, go to http://community.webshots.com/user/burning_azalea. I just set an album up, and hope to get more of my concert pictures posted soon!)

5)Hi,Greeney/Bluey! If you plan to join the Orgasmatrons, will you bring Edge Sock too?
smile.gif

------------------
*gasp* My spoon!

Adam -- The Simpsons

[This message has been edited by Burning_Azalea (edited 10-24-2001).]

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Oh, and I forgot to welcome our newest, um, member, "greeneyes"....my goodness...it's warm in here, DO take your hat off, dearie. My, there's just *something* about you...I can't quite put my finger on it, but you look an awful lot like another person I know...hmmm...well, they say that everyone has a doppelganger somewhere...

So, greeneyes, how did you become an EDGE GIRL? WHAT IS IT about Edge that makes you yearn to be close to him, JUST LIKE US??? And you own a Bedazzler? Well, I think just on that merit alone, you should be a full-fledged member of EBOC!!
biggrin.gif
Are you SURE this won't conflict with...oh, any OTHER extracurricular activities you might be involved in???

wink.gif

Disco
---
Just call me M.O.M.M.

Umm okay, first of all thanks Disco!
Second of all, I like my hat and will never appear in public without it. I also like my glasses, don't ask me to take those off either. So, how I became an edge girl? I don't know if I am an "edge girl" per say...But I am a scientist and appriciate other people who think like me I suppose.
Well, I just noticed one day how terribly funny he is with all the silly faces and I was swamped with homework something aweful and got to thinking "That would be nice to be smart like Edge" He is also a great guitar player, I can't play guitar very well at all...I also like Garth from Wayne's world, so...I must emphasise...no romantic uhh, feelings here...just admiration. Good 'ol harmless admiration.
*Greeneyes looks out the window and dives behind the podium*
Is that gold limo gone?
Disco: What gold limo?
Oh okay, sorry...I have..uh, a phobia of gold limos, unusual but true.
Anyway, I should be running off!
Ta ta darlings, I mean....bye!
-Greeneyes

Seconds rocks...I thought it was Bono until I looked at the liner notes. *hangs head in shame*

Originally posted by Shygirl:
Hi everyone!

I would definitely be up for another Edge chat.. Hopefully I can make it to this one..

My fav Edge song has to be Seconds... He has such a wonderful voice!

Sorry, not able to post pics yet..

Ok, I figured out my Orgasmatron Club status! I'm the Official L.O.B.P.B.G.G.T.S.H.S.A.E.E !!
What? You don't get it?
Ok, I'm the Official- Lover Of Bedazzled Pants, Beanies, Goatees, Guitars,
Tight Shirts, Hip Swaying, And Everything Edge. Sound good to everyone?
I like it!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 10-24-2001).]

Mmmmmm....felt to urge to post a piccie of Wedge in those lust-inducing SPANGLED PANTS!!

u16.jpg

just thought I'd share with my fellow clubbies!
smile.gif

Mocool...LOVE the title! But think you're nick is just the...MoCOOLest anyway!
smile.gif

Disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 10-24-2001).]

Awww! Thanks Disco! It doesn't look too cluttered does it?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ok, I found these sexay pics ta post!
gallery

eek.gif
Ok, I LOVE close-ups...look at his sweet sweeeeet face!!!!

Another great buttshot from Balt!!!
gallery

------------------
-mowaaay coo'12 aka moright fine12
Official L.O.B.P.B.G.G.T.S.H.S.A.E.E of the E.B.O.C

eek.gif
eek.gif

*thump* lifts jaw off the ground, pulls eyes back in sockets, wipes drool from face.
I think i just fell in
icon19.gif
love again!
That was such a beautiful pic mcool!!
I LOVE his eyes.. his smile.. awwwww
so sweet!!! *sigh*

------------------
"The Edge plays a mournful, ejaculatory guitar solo in 'Love is Blindress', stabbing out thick emotional blues notes that linger and then fall away like tears. "A more eloquent prayer than anything I could say," Bono reflects.

OMG, Echo. You know JUST how to say things. WOAH.

Edge kind of bops around while he's playing, and he does this kind of, I don't know how to describe it, like not overt pelvic thrusts, but it's very rhythmic and sexual. But being as it's the Edge and all, it's a bit subtle, and I'd never noticed it before. I've always appreciated a man who can broadcast his sexuality on a low frequency.

You took the thoughts right out of my head. I love it when guys OOZE sex-appeal, but they don't know/realize it, or don't really show it...which makes them all the more irrisistable! (see, guys?? we like subtle!!!)
wink.gif

This may be yet another of the multitudes of Pleba quotes to add to my ever-growing collection....I'll soon need another 3-ring binder just for them!
biggrin.gif

*runs off to look at some of U2 videos of Edge's subtle thrusting...WOWY comes to mind...THUNK*

Disco

Oh, and I forgot to welcome our newest, um, member, "greeneyes"....my goodness...it's warm in here, DO take your hat off, dearie. My, there's just *something* about you...I can't quite put my finger on it, but you look an awful lot like another person I know...hmmm...well, they say that everyone has a doppelganger somewhere...

So, greeneyes, how did you become an EDGE GIRL? WHAT IS IT about Edge that makes you yearn to be close to him, JUST LIKE US??? And you own a Bedazzler? Well, I think just on that merit alone, you should be a full-fledged member of EBOC!!
biggrin.gif
Are you SURE this won't conflict with...oh, any OTHER extracurricular activities you might be involved in???

wink.gif

Disco
---
Just call me M.O.M.M.

Back
Top Bottom