Opening Act part 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
Sorry about the lack of update, i have exam's so i've been studying and haven't had much time to write. sorry about any spelling and grammer errors in this part, i just wrote it and posted instead of editing like i normally do, and i'm brain dead from studying physics for hours.

Disclamer: never happened, probably never will.

Adam glances at me and I shoot him a look that says tell-him-what-you-just-told-me-and-I-will-remove-your-balls-and-feed-them-to-the-next-stray-cat-I-see.

“The tabloid article,” Adam says wisely as he looks back at Edge.

“What tabloid article?” Bono asks.

I sigh, unfold the paper in my hand and hand it to him.

Daryl looks over Edge’s shoulder at it and burst out laughing. “Hey Beth, didn’t someone tell you that it was the rock stars, not their managers, who were supposed to make the gossip papers?”

“Believe me I didn’t ask for it.”

Bono is just shaking his head. “Well welcome to the world of rock and roll, Beth.”

“Next time I’ll pass up the welcome,” I tell him.

Bono laughs and drifts in the direction of the hotel restaurant, Daryl and Adam follow him but I head into the elevator in an attempt to make my escape, that article hadn’t left me with much of an appetite anyway. Edge comes with me, which at the moment I can’t decide if it’s a good thing or a bad thing.

“What was Adam actually saying?” he asks as soon as the elevator doors close.

I resist the urge to close my eyes, figures he knew Adam had faked that answer downstairs. “Adam thought it would be a good idea to point out to me that the article could be worse because the press could have caught us doing something that was not dinner.”

Edge chuckles softly. “I think I can see where this is going.”

I glace down at the floor and he puts his arm around me.

“Relax, I’m not going to pressure you into anything despite what Adam may have said.”

I wonder how he knew exactly what I was thinking. “Thanks.”

The elevator stops and he leads me down the hall to his room. “Though this will probably only inspire Adam’s dirty mind, come on in.”

‘Daryl would have a field day with this,’ I think as I take a seat on the couch.

Edge sits down beside me and rests his feet on the coffee table. “That article really bothered you, didn’t it?”

I sigh. “It’s not so much what the article said that bothered me as the fact that I feel like my privacy’s been invaded.”

“You get used to it after a while, provided of course you spend enough time in the limelight.”

“What do you mean ‘provided I spend enough time in the limelight’?”

He shifts uncomfortably. “I just thought that if you really didn’t like all the attention then I might not be the best one for you to be dating. Not saying that I don’t like you but I could understand if you don’t constantly want to be the focus of public attention.”

“This coming from the guy who told me last night to ignore the rest of the population because they don’t matter,” I say in amusement.

“I just thought…”

I place a finger over his lips. “Honestly I’ll get used to the whole press thing. I like you, Edge, and they can’t change that.”

He smiles like a little boy on Christmas morning and I lean over and kiss him. He wraps his arms around me pulling me closer to him. I can feel his tongue massaging mine as I run a hand down his chest feeling his muscles through his t-shirt. I’m debating how far to take this when there’s pounding on the door.

“Edge hurry up, we’re leaving.”

“Paul, you have shitty timing,” Edge mutters before yelling. “Alright already, I’ll be there in a minute.”

there ya go, hope you enjoyed it. now i have to go study more physics. i'll post more once exams are over.

Back
Top Bottom