Opening Act part 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
Disclaimer: never happened, will never happen

I’m in line at the coffee shop across the road from the hotel the next morning waiting to get my morning coffee when Adam grabs me by the arm.

“What?” I demand irritated at being pulled out of the line.

He reaches into his coat pocket. “You’re not going to like this,” he says pulling out a newspaper and handing it to me.

I look at the page he’s got it open to and my morning coffee is forgotten. There’s a trio of photos of Edge and I at the restaurant last night and a short article that opens with the sentence: ‘Beth Vickers probably thought she got a good deal when she lined up Troubled Offspring, who she manages, as U2’s opening act and then bedded [U2 guitarist] The Edge…’ I didn’t read any further, didn’t need to, I already felt sick to my stomach.

“God’s why me,” I groan.

“Because it’s so called news.” Adam says as he leads me across the road to the hotel. “It happens to every rock star, heaven knows it’s happened to me. You just ended up being the focus of the story because someone realised who your were before the paper went to print, or else it wouldn’t be much of a story.”

“How did they know who I was?”

“Because of the press thing with Daryl getting hurt.”

I groan. “How could I forget about that?”

Adam smiles. “Relax, it could be worse.”

“I fail to see how.”

“Well you’re only having dinner in the photos, they could have caught you doing something else entirely.”

I gape at him and he smirks.

“Adam!”

“I only speak the truth.”

I smack him across that back of the head with the paper. “I don’t even want to think about that.”

“Which part, getting photographed or sex with Edge?”

“Say that louder, maybe everyone in the lobby will here it,” I say sarcastically. “On second thought don’t, and I only say that because I know you actually will.”

“You’re avoiding the question.”

“Oh fuck off,” I tell him heading in the direction of the elevators.

He follows me wearing that trademark upside-down grin of his. “So should I tell Edge you’re not interested then?” he says as the elevator doors open to reveal Edge, Bono and Daryl.

“Not interested in what?” Edge asks and I wish I could just disappear.

sorry this part's so short, i'm working on more right now i just didn't want this chapter to get too long. and don't be afraid to review people, i like critazism about my writing.

*edited because i can't spell!*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom