Opening Act part 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
i should have updated this way earlier but my computer got a virus and i lost everything on it because i had to take it in and get everyting wiped off thus i lost everything i'd already worked on.

disclaimer: fiction

“I think I’m falling in love with you.”

I stare at him incredulously, unable to believe what he just said.

Then he starts talking, “Shit, I shouldn’t have said that, you’ve been though enough tonight without me dumping that on you…”

“Edge,” I start trying to shut him up so I can tell him how I feel except he’s not listening.

“You obviously don’t feel the same way as I do…”

I grab him and plant a kiss on his lips and he blinks in surprise.

“Shut up and listen to me for a second,” I tell him. “You just surprised me because I had figured that there was no way that you felt the same way I did because you’re a big famous rock star and I’m a nobody.”

He shakes his head. “And here I was thinking that you liked Daryl.”

“Daryl!” I laugh. “Daryl’s like my little brother.” Thinking of Daryl is a sobering thought. “I suppose we should head back.”

Edge nods. “By now Paul will be completely beside himself. He’ll probably have given Ryan an earful and if he hasn’t Larry has.”

I smile a little as Edge takes my hand and walks me back to the hotel. Sure enough Paul is verging on a breakdown by the time we get back and Bono is trying to calm him down without much success.

“They could be anywhere, do you know how big New York is! What are we going to do about tonight’s show? Without Daryl Troubled Offspring can’t perform. I can’t very well phone Daryl’s family to tell them what happened, if only Ryan hadn’t been his normal unthinking self we wouldn’t be in this mess!”

“Paul,” says Bono displaying more patience then I’ve seen him use all tour. “If we keep debating “if onlys” we’re going to be here all night. They’ll show up and we’ll sort it out, don’t worry so much.”

“You worry to little,” Paul rants. “I have to worry enough for both of us.”

Edge chuckles beside me. “Should we announce our presence and rescue Bono before Paul gets himself more worked up?”

“I suppose,” I say knowing that I’m going to have to go in eventually and start sorting things out and I might as well get it over with.

Edge gives my hand a squeeze and opens the door.

Paul rounds on us, “Where HAVE you BEEN?”

“Around,” I say evasively. “Where are the guys?”

“I believe they’re in Sebs room,” Bono says cutting off any kind of tirade from Paul.

I nod and head down the hall feeling a little guilty about leaving Edge to Paul’s mercy when I know Paul wants answers.

I knock on Sebs door before letting myself in. “Hey guys.”

“Hi,” Alex replies.

“We’ve been talking,” Seb says standing up. “We’re going to do the show tonight without Daryl. Alex’ll do lead vocals and I’ll cover all the backing one’s.”

“You’re sure?” I ask looking between the three of them.

“Yeah,” says Alex. “We can do it and it’ll save U2 having to look for another opening act.”

“Well if you’re sure I can’t stop you.” I pause. “Can you guys tell Paul the plan because I have to phone Daryl’s mom?”

Seb and Alex nod and I head for my room, it hasn’t escaped me that Ryan hasn’t even looked at me but I can’t address that issue now. Closing the door behind me I take a seat at the desk and prepare to make the hardest phone call of my life.

that's all for now, hopefully i'll have part six done in a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom