One more request....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
A friend of mine was wondering where to find pictures of Bono visiting the Civil Rights Museum and the pictures of him on the famous balcony of the Lorraine Motel around the time he received the International Freedom Award, (October 18, 2004). Ali was with him.

Could anyone post a link to any threads regarding this day? Thankyou!!

balcony.jpg

:wave: TY, is this it? I hope so it is the only one I have.

Thanks carmel! But I think that is them on the Vertigo Tour in South America (Brazil maybe?) But still a good pic! *right-click save*.

The pictures/thread I'm looking for is of Bono in Memphis, October 2004.

Thanks again!!

You are welcome TY.I wish the pic was bigger.:hmm: I think I know what you are refering to BRB, going to search for it;)

thankyou said:
Thanks carmel! But I think that is them on the Vertigo Tour in South America (Brazil maybe?) But still a good pic! *right-click save*.

The pictures/thread I'm looking for is of Bono in Memphis, October 2004.

Thanks again!!

Yeah... it's from Vertigo Tour in South America... but not Brazil... that's my balcony! :happy:

My bautiful city... BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA! :heart:

LostAtMoon> YOU rawk :rockon:
:bow: Thank you. I was serching everywhere for those pics!!

TY will be so excited to see these!

Thanks so very much for this thread - it brings back such special memories for me of that night.

Here is my report from that glorious day in Memphis from Bono's appearance at the Temple of Deliverancs to that amazing moment when Bono, Ali and Rep. John Lewis got to stand on the balcony where Dr. King lost his life to the evening awards ceremony:

http://forum.interference.com/t100221.html

I have a lot of pics from that day too but I have no idea how to post them.

Thanks again for letting me walk down a memory lane. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Jamila said:
Thanks so very much for this thread - it brings back such special memories for me of that night.

Here is my report from that glorious day in Memphis from Bono's appearance at the Temple of Deliverancs to that amazing moment when Bono, Ali and Rep. John Lewis got to stand on the balcony where Dr. King lost his life to the evening awards ceremony:

http://forum.interference.com/t100221.html

I have a lot of pics from that day too but I have no idea how to post them.

Thanks again for letting me walk down a memory lane. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

There have been some really good "tutorials" over the past two years that I have been a member of interference that explain setting up an account on Photobucket (or a similar photo storage site--and it is free) and then how to post your pictures. I would love to see some of your archives--please do share! :wink:

thanks, MsPurrl, for caring.

But given my past experiences here, I think they probably should stay offline.

But they DO exist.

I would recommend people putting Memphis on a "visit" list with the NCRM, Sun Studios, Stax Records, the Rock and Roll Museum and Gibson Guitars plus Beale Street!

You will not be disappointed to make a visit to this magnificent city which has given the world so much in terms of music and history.

(Oh, did I mention Graceland?) :wink:

Thank you for these pictures. I have never seen pictures from this event before. They are great. I am going to check out your story as well, thanx.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I'm pretty sure this is from a different event, but I can't think of what. I have this feeling that I had this picture before Bono even spoke in Memphis.

yeah, it is different, in the first pics, Ali's wearing a white skirt, and a round neck shirt, and no necklace (well nothing visible) and Bono's jacket isn't black, it's striped and of fuzzy dark red material... it looks like he's wearing a dark shirt in this last pic, as opposed to the light purple one... and the hair is different.. (elevation era more like)

but the guy in front of them looks like the same grumpy guy in the other pics :hmm: odd...

Galeongirl said:

yeah, it is different, in the first pics, Ali's wearing a white skirt, and a round neck shirt, and no necklace (well nothing visible) and Bono's jacket isn't black, it's striped and of fuzzy dark red material... it looks like he's wearing a dark shirt in this last pic, as opposed to the light purple one... and the hair is different.. (elevation era more like)

but the guy in front of them looks like the same grumpy guy in the other pics :hmm: odd...

I think there were two events that day in Memphis, one in the daytime and one in the evening. The lap pic is from the evening I think :scratch:. I'm pretty sure it's from u2log's photos of the event.

kellyahern said:

I think there were two events that day in Memphis, one in the daytime and one in the evening. The lap pic is from the evening I think :scratch:.

yea that explains it :) and I just figured Bono doesn't have bangs in the lap pic... it's the head of another person :lol: I didn't see before!

kellyahern said:

I think there were two events that day in Memphis, one in the daytime and one in the evening. The lap pic is from the evening I think :scratch:. I'm pretty sure it's from u2log's photos of the event.

Thanks Kelly! That explains it.

kellyahern said:

:up:

There was like three events.....one at the church, one at the museum and one at the awards place.

:applaud: Lost at Moon!! Thank you so much!
These pictures are fantastic! :up: I'll let my friend know to check these out. I knew there were some, but wasn't aware there were so many. They are excellent!
I just got home from a road trip to Memphis and loved visiting the Civil Rights Museum. (by the way if you visit there and go on mondays, admission is free, we lucked out! Plan on at least 2-3 hrs because there is so much history to see on videos and read about.) A very special place indeed. Some exhibits bring you close to tears.
I was surprised and a little saddened to notice that we were practically the only white people there, and the place was busy.

THANKYOU again. You're very kind to share! And thanks for the link too. I'm checking it out right now.

I do have a few pictures posted of my visit to the Civil Rights Museum in another thread about U2 & sun studios.

Last edited:
You’re welcome. I only posted pictures that other people gently shared. Thank you for telling us about your trip to Memphis and for posting your own pictures. :)

Carmelu2fan said:
LostAtMoon> YOU rawk :rockon:
:bow: Thank you. I was serching everywhere for those pics!!

TY will be so excited to see these!

Carmel, pretty cool new avatar!! :sexywink:

I've really enjoyed the photos!

thankyou said:
:applaud: Lost at Moon!! Thank you so much!
These pictures are fantastic! :up: I'll let my friend know to check these out.
:bow: Thank you for starting this thread. I was so curious to see those pics, so thanks to everybody who posted pics & links.
It gives me chills to see Bono standing there. I didn't even knew he visited the Lorraine Motel..:reject:

Carmel, pretty cool new avatar
ja1.gif

I decided to post a few of pics of inside the museum on this thread, that I took on a recent trip to Memphis. They seem to fit here:

100_0981.jpg

Replica of Rosa Parks as she is sitting in a Montgomery Alabama bus, refusing to give up her seat. If you sit down you can hear the voice of the bus driver telling her to move to the back in increasingly hostile tones.

100_0984.jpg

A scene recreated from the "Greensboro Sit In's", where blacks seated at a woolworth counter fought for their rights, with the video of actual events displayed in the back. You can see the scenes of beatings and harassment.

100_0986.jpg

The sign for the Lorraine Motel.

Back
Top Bottom