On the rising tide chapter 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
** Disclaimer: the following is a work of fiction and in no way meant to be mistaken for reality. Inspired by real people, but purely and completely false and written without the consent of any of those people. No offense is intended to anyone. It’s all meant in good fun.

On the rising tide Chapter 9

“How are you tonight?” Fiona heard Adam’s voice ask, and relief washed over her like a wave. She had known he had survived the battle and was unharmed, but she had not been spared a single moment alone with him. She finished the silent prayer she had been saying and turned to look at him as he stood beside her.

“I don’t know.” She told him honestly. “I’ve never seen anything so macabre.”

“The evil of men,” Adam sighed. “Is horrifying when first confronted. Soon it fades to sickening, and eventually it becomes merely unsettling.”

“I don’t think I would ever want to become so accustomed to such a thing as that.” Fiona told him with a shiver. She rubbed her hands up and down along her arms to try and warm herself, but the chill had not come from the cool air. Adam slipped out of his coat and draped it over her shoulders without a word, and she accepted it in silence as well.

It still carried the heat from his body, and she tucked herself into it gladly. She liked being this close to him, wanted to be closer. It was foolish, she knew. He was a notorious rake, and a titled man on top of that. She was nobody. More over, his family was protestant and she was Catholic. A marriage between them would be illegal.

*Marriage!* she scolded herself for even thinking the word. It was so foolish it didn’t even deserve a stray thought.

“I’m glad you’re safe.” She told him finally, the silence becoming too complete for her comfort.

“I’m glad you are. I think – after seeing what happened today, I think I finally understand why you must continue your masquerade. I know what those pirates would have done to you, if it had been our ship they attacked and they had known you were a woman.” Adam told her, reaching out with one of his unusually large hands and taking her hand, his fingers sliding in between her own.

“Thank you for helping me.” She told him honestly. She wanted to say more but could not find the words. Especially not with their hands intertwined that way. It was hard to concentrate on anything else.

“Fiona, when we get back to Dublin –“ Adam started to ask, turning to look down into her hazel eyes. Before he could complete his question, though, something caught his attention. He dropped her hand and stepped back, stretching dramatically. “We’ll talk later.” He told her softly, and she looked to see Carra standing just a few feet away, watching them suspiciously.

“Of course.” She told him with a nod. “Sleep well.”

“And you, as well.” Adam told her as he turned on his heel and made his way to the crew quarters, below deck.

“Finn?” Carra’s voice was tentative as she watched Adam’s departure. “You know that you can trust me, don’t you?” She asked, and Fiona frowned at the woman. What did she know?

“Aye.” Fiona replied simply.

“I can be trusted with something that you might be embarrassed or ashamed about. I would not let your secrets be known to others. Nor would I allow you to come to any harm while aboard the aingeal.” Carra told her, turning those shiny green eyes on her appraisingly.

“I’m not sure what you’re…” Fiona started, wishing she had Adam’s silver tongue and could talk her way out of anything the way he seemed able to do.

“Is Adam bothering you?” Carra blurted out, and Fiona stopped speaking suddenly, her mouth still open as she stared at Carra in shock.

“I – No! No, Adam is my friend. Why would you ask if he’s bothering me?” She wondered.

“I’ve grown up at sea, Finn. I know that it does strange things to some men. My father has always made a point to watch out for the younger boys because they are vulnerable …” Carra started, but she could see that Finn had no comprehension of what she was suggesting. Carra had know idea how to explain such a thing to him, either, and so she tried a different approach.

“I’ve seen some things pass between Adam and yourself which are not entirely appropriate.” She said. “You spend a lot of time alone together. He touches you often, on the shoulder or back, wherever. I’ve also seen the way you look at him…”

“Oh! Oh, no! Carra, you’re mistaken. Adam is not…” Fiona started, her hazel eyes widening as she finally comprehended Carra’s concern. “It’s not like that at all.” She said, though inside of her, her heart was racing excitedly at the thought. She did not want to be happy at the thought that Adam had feelings for her which were so obvious. It was not a good thing; for Adam or for her. Adam could be branded as something he was not or she could be discovered for what she was.

“Just so you know, Finn, you have other friends here. If you should need help … with anything.” Carra told her, her eyes still narrowed in suspicion. Fiona nodded and was about to tell her once more that there was nothing inappropriate between herself and Adam when Larry appeared at Carra’s side.

“Excuse me, Finn. I hate to interrupt, but Carra and I have some unfinished business that needs attending to.” He told her, and before Fiona could even breathe a sigh of relief, Larry had taken hold of Carra’s arm and was pulling her along hurriedly behind him.

There is an extra scene here, for those who are old enough :wink: and interested in that kind of thing. Some of you have already given me your e-mail addresses for automatic deliveray of Extra and extended scenes, so check your inbox. If you are interested and don't already have it, let me know.

It was nearing dawn when Paul meandered down below to the crew quarters in search of a hammock for himself. He had chosen to stay awake, keeping watch for any signs of threats on the horizon even though Larry had appointed several perfectly capable sailors to do that themselves. He had been uneasy and knew he would not sleep.

He might have opted to read for awhile, but he had surrendered his cabin to Colleen. She was a lady, after all, and needed her privacy. He would be drawn and quartered before allowing her to be subjected to the common sleeping area.

He slipped past the hammocks, glancing at the faces of the men who might well have been lost that day, and he said a prayer for each of them. He passed Carra’s hammock and stopped, surprised to find it empty. He hadn’t realized just how long he’d been standing there, staring at it when he heard Adam’s soft voice.

“I think Larry and she have made new sleeping arrangements for her.” He said as gently as he could. He watched as Paul frowned, his mind not quite grasping his meaning.

“Oh!” He said when it clicked into the right place in his brain. “oh.” He mumbled frowning again. Finally he sighed and shook his head. “It’s about time they finally admitted it to each other, I suppose. The rest of us have known how they felt for ages.”

Carra stretched lazily, the ache in her muscles reminding her of the night before. She couldn’t help but smile as it all came back to her. She rolled over onto her back, her side pressed up against Larry’s. She reached up and ran her fingers through his hair gently, then ran the palm of her hand down along the smooth skin of his back.

“Mmmmm.” He purred, the muscles in his back flexing as he pressed up against her touch.

“Morning, Captain Mullen.” She murmured, leaning in to press a soft kiss against his hot skin. Larry turned his face to her, his cheek against the pillow, his eyes still half closed.

“Morning.” He replied tiredly. Carra grinned at him, wrinkling her nose at him playfully, and leaned in to bump his nose with her own.

“I think I like you better when you’re mad at me.” Larry quipped, making Carra draw back and blink her eyes at him in surprise. The broad grin that spread across his face warmed her heart and made her laugh at him. She grabbed her pillow and hit him in the head with it, making him laugh, too. He reached out and grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back up against his body, kissing her softly.

“I think we slept in.” She told him as he rolled over onto his back and she rested her cheek on his chest, draping an arm across his waist.

“I don’t think anyone will mind, today.” He told her, kissing her on top of her hair.

“Do you think they all know?” Carra asked, running her fingers up and down along his side idly. He shivered when she brushed a ticklish spot on his belly and caught her hand with his own.

“I think you woke half the ship, all the noise you were making.” He teased, kissing her hand.

“Me?” She asked, propping herself up on one elbow. “I think your voice carries more than mine, and you made just as much noise.” She told him, crawling on top him, her chest pressed against his.

“Maybe we should try it again, just to see.” He murmured playfully, his mouth against her neck.

“Mmmm.” She purred in agreement. “Someone will be looking for us soon. We probably shouldn’t.” She said with a sigh, and Larry sighed as well before laying back down and scowling up at her.

“I hate it when you’re right.” He told her, and she grinned at him as she started gathering her clothes and dressing herself. “Does it bother you?” He asked, propping himself up on one elbow and watching her dress.

“What? You watching me?” She replied. “I don’t think I have much cause to be modest any more.”

“No, that they’ll all know.” He said, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and reaching for his trousers.

“No. I don’t mind.” She told him, tying her hair back and sauntering across the tiny room toward him. He stood and fastened the belt on his trousers and she wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him again.

“They’ve all known that I was yours. There was no hiding that.” She told him, her open mouth moving against one shoulder and beginning to gently suck on the salty skin there. “And now…” She said, breaking the contact for a moment and then beginning to suck and bite at his skin again. “They’ll all know that you’re mine as well.”

:drool: Can I have the extended version....pleaz!!!

Love the story...SO GOOD!!
Finn and Carra talk was funny...lol

THANKS!!!
Ps: You can put me on your regular list for these extended version...would be appreciated!!!
Cathxxx
u2_sarajevo@yahoo.ca

mjc said:
just read the extra......

my goodness.......:ohmy: :drool: :shocked:
do you prepare smth similar for the other potential couples?

Is that a good 'My Goodness' or a bad 'My Goodness'?

:shifty: Maybe. :shifty:

Something similar but unique to each character :wink:

Last edited:
That's an interesting twist to the Fiona/Adam relationship... can't wait to see how that one pans out :)

Thank you so much for sending me the extended scene! SO hot :drool:

Quiggs said:
OK! I has been at least a couple of days! Where is part 10? :yell: :rant:

HA! Just kidding with you! :hug: :lmao:

:lol: It's been a crazy weekend. I haven't had a lot of time or energy to concentrate - but chapter 10 is about halfway done. It'll be up soon :)

Sad_Girl said:
Adam slipped out of his coat and draped it over her shoulders without a word, and she accepted it in silence as well.

It still carried the heat from his body, and she tucked herself into it gladly. She liked being this close to him, wanted to be closer. It was foolish, she knew.

:drool: now you have my attention!! I am a little behiond but I am catching up!!

Back
Top Bottom