OMG LOL Did You All Hear About Britney Spears!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrattyIrishPunk

War Child
I only herd part of it on the news this morning, but supposedly at one of her shows in Mexico City she got pissed and went off during her 5th song and the crowd booed and threw stuff at the stage, and then supposedly she flipped off a reporter... hmm... could this be the end of her? Is she gonna pull a Maraih[I know, its spelled wrong]Carry on us? I'll post the whole story when I find it.

I dont believe that would be true

I know she collapsed from tryin to lose weight and stuff

her whole career is starting to be tied to Wanderers big pile of poop and sent to the moon for testing......ah well

best of luck to her anyway, I wish her no harm

actually I heard it's true too. I guess it started to rain or something so she apologized and walked off. THe crowd in Mexico got so mad they started throwing brittney memorabelia on stage and booing very loudly and yelling "fraud". While leaving the airport (i dont know if this is before or after the show) she flipped off the paparazzi.

Hmm is it possible you can't get by on just a boob job and a flat belly? :eyebrow:

Yeah I read about that on cnn.com this morning. Can I say it doesn't surprise me? lol Better to piss off a bunch of fans than fade away I guess! haha

Sicy said:
Hmmm.. you got an idea you'd like to share with me? :sexywink:

Yes.. methinks we need Britney's face photoshopped on a bad hair day pic. I can't find any bad hair day pics- we need Gina! Plus I dont have photoshop at work...

*waits eagerly*

:angel:

334%3B294%3B23232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C64396%3A%3Aot1lsi

I read about it. She claimed that the press had almost caused her to have a wreck. I've always known that her stardom is very transient unless she can figure out how to be an adult............it's that way with all teen performers.

Sicy that pic :laugh:

Britney is still a person, albeit an annoying one, and just like everyone else is prone to outbursts and tantrums. I say good for her to flip that reporter off!!!!! It just shows that she is human, and not some little mechanical princess.

I'm not defending her or saying that she was right in walking off stage because she might get wet and melt or something.

However, this is not the first time she has cancelled a concert on this tour...a month or so ago, I guess there was an electrical problem and she couldn't use a small portion of her stage lights and pyrotechnics and she cancelled the concert. The promoters and stadium people said that she could have had a quality show with what they were able to use, in fact the average viewer would not have noticed that some of the lights were not being used. However, she felt she could not give a "quality" (and I use that term loosely) show and did not want to cheat her fans. Rumor has it people are still waiting for their refunds :rolleyes:

daisybean said:
Sicy that pic :laugh:

Britney is still a person, albeit an annoying one, and just like everyone else is prone to outbursts and tantrums. I say good for her to flip that reporter off!!!!! It just shows that she is human, and not some little mechanical princess.

I'm not defending her or saying that she was right in walking off stage because she might get wet and melt or something.

exactly. i would be pissed if i were being chased by reporters and pap or if they were in my way. i don't blame for her reaction either. but the reasons for her walking off stage are questionable. however, have they released the real reason why she walked off?

when I was talking to Mom the other day at the hospital down in Louisiana and she was saying how a lot of our extended family had come by, I asked her if cousin Britney had been by to say hi. She snorted and laughed. Not that our Baton Rouge side of the family has ever been super-close to her Kenwood branch, but back when she started to be a big hit, I do recall my relatives being all excited and proud about her making the big-time. I warned them. :lol: Never did like her from day one. And now apparently they all are disgusted with her as well and don't acknowledge the relation anymore. :mac:

why oh why can't you pick your relatives?

second cousin twice removed, thankyouverymuch. :mad:

I don't want to be THAT close to her. It's bad enough :scream:

LOL @ BadHairDayBritney! :laugh:

Poor sula having to be related to Britney.....at least you don't ever see her!

Here's the cnn.com article:
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) -- Britney Spears ended her world tour on a controversial note by cutting short her final show in Mexico City on Sunday night, adding insult to injury after she made an obscene gesture upon arrival here last week.

The 20-year-old pop princess sang four songs in the last show of her Pepsi-sponsored world tour, but during the set's fifth song, "Stronger," Spears apologized, saying "I'm sorry Mexico. I love you. Bye," and left the stage, Mexico City daily Milenio reported.

Boos and jeers rained down on the stage when a public announcement asked fans to leave the Foro Sol stadium. Some concert-goers began throwing the pop diva's paraphernalia and chanting "fraud, fraud," the newspaper reported.

Concert organizers could not be reached for comment, and it was not immediately clear if another show would be scheduled or if fans would receive a refund. Mexico City was the last leg of a so-called world tour in the United States and Canada.

Spears, who rocketed to fame with her 1998 hit "Baby, one more time," spent less than a week in Mexico City, but attracted plenty of attention during her visit.

The pop star was caught by cameras extending her middle finger in a universally recognized insult after she arrived last Tuesday night at an airport in Toluca, some 40 miles (65 km) from Mexico City.

Spears later said the gesture was an angry response to paparazzi, who she said nearly caused a wreck with her vehicle.

Last edited:
OH MY CAT.

Initial idea from Olive: RIGHTEOUS.

Sicy jumping in: CURIOUS.

Sula being related: SCANDALOUS! :no: :eek:

That awesome picture: PRICELESS!!! :laugh: :macdevil:

GREAT picture!!!!

And Sula....i simply don't know what to say about THAT bit of news! Pretty wild....kinda like her hair in that pic....

Re: why oh why can't you pick your relatives?

sulawesigirl4 said:
second cousin twice removed, thankyouverymuch. :mad:

I don't want to be THAT close to her. It's bad enough :scream:

Don't feel too bad about that, I'm related like that to a politician I despise. I stopped telling people after I got tired of all of the stupid jokes about "that cousin of yours".

i'd have to say that brittney is one of my least favorite ppl in the whole world........i feel bad for you, sula.....i can't wait until she just fizzles out and dies........(not really die, but hollywood wise....i would never wish anyone else's death.....)

Oh Joy! another young girl that is going to dress like a hoochie mamma so that other young girls around the world will have low self images. :rolleyes:

yay
:barf:

Why don't they just put signs up that say "You are worthless unless you are blonde, thin, cute, and can pretend to sing"

Back
Top Bottom