OMG!!!! I MET THE EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW, DISCO!!!

You're a very lucky woman to meet Edgie!
icon19.gif

He sounds like he is very sweet!

Congratulations!

------------------
*gasp* My spoon!

Adam -- The Simpsons

[This message has been edited by Burning_Azalea (edited 11-21-2001).]

OMG Disco!!!
That rocks so hard that it RAWKS!!!
I'm so happy for you, how very cool. I'm glad you finally got to talk to him I think I would have spontaneously combusted or started telling my sheep story...I don't know. You sound like you handled it well.
BTW sweetie, what is your email addy?
mine is indianajen@lycos.com

Oh...BTW # 2: make sure you check out the last additions to MPS (outtakes!!!) if you missed them and my oh so embarassing halloween pics, they are on the second page and I think you will get a good laugh out of them.

COngrats again, I am SO happy for you!
-Bluey

------------------
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy." - Bono.
Bluephisto

THANKS EVERYBODY!!! I am still on cloud nine, elevated like crazy!
biggrin.gif

OMG LYLAS!!! That's the best GA price I've seen so far!!!
eek.gif
I just may have to do that, because I can't guarantee I'll be able to get a GA the "regular route". Is TicketsPlus reputable? I think I had heard some bad things about them. Here's the bad part: I get home from LA on Saturday afternoon, and will no doubt be WIPED OUT. My flight is at 7 AM...I can't guarantee I'll be able to make it to the Tiperary (the Dubliner is another place I've heard people are heading Sat. night). Email me, or I'll email you with my phone number, okay??

Do you, Abel, and LikeO2 all have GA tickets, cos I want to sit with people I know! Email me at my yahoo addy: goudagirl@yahoo.com or Hotmail: gudagirl@hotmail.com. (Bluey, this is for you as well).

Originally posted by lylas:
Hey Disco, you lucky girl! Great Edge story. www.ticketsplus.com has GAs for Dallas now at $75 plus $15 shipping. I know it's a broker, but that is really not a bad price at all, and you'll get to go to the show!

Hope I see you in line! Oh, and me, ABEL, Like O2, and anyone else who wants to come are going to have a little preconcert get together Saturday night, probably at the Tipperary Inn in Dallas.

And Mona....YOU CRAZY, girl! I was quoting you all weekend and thought about you when I put on my Bono-xtra-long-sleeved shirt yesterday...
smile.gif
The quiet and unassuming Gina Marie would LOOOOVE to be swept away by Edgie wedgie...right Gina?? (Gina hung with us in Vegas)

EDGE: *strum strum* I hope the crowd has a good view of me bedazzled bum...*strum strum* *grooove* Must...resist...humping...gee-tar.....

GINA: *tap tap*

EDGE: WTF?

GINA: Excuse me, Edge. Could I defile you?

EDGE: Hm. I'm kinda busy here.

GINA: *uses psychic powers to make his gee-tar spontaneously combust*

EDGE: *shrugs* OK. Not busy anymore. *wanders away with GinaMarie*

MONA: *gets ideas....*
----------------------

OMG Disco!!!
That rocks so hard that it RAWKS!!!
I'm so happy for you, how very cool. I'm glad you finally got to talk to him I think I would have spontaneously combusted or started telling my sheep story...I don't know. You sound like you handled it well.
BTW sweetie, what is your email addy?
mine is indianajen@lycos.com
Oh...BTW # 2: make sure you check out the last additions to MPS (outtakes!!!) if you missed them and my oh so embarassing halloween pics, they are on the second page and I think you will get a good laugh out of them.

Bluey my email addys are up there *points* and when I have MORE TIME (like, not till probably after Monday of next week ARGH!!!) I will def. check out the MPS outtakes...I just don't have enough time right now, waah!!!

U2 RAWKS, BABY!!!!! *runs off to find GA ticket*

Disco, babbling again

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 11-21-2001).]

*sings*

*Discotheque, u go Discotheque
Discotheque, u go Discotheque*

CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS DARLING!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Fukin happy of u sugar sista!!!!! What a fukin stroke of luck girl!!!! U met ur FAV man of all the men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

How feckin cool is that!

Aww Disco, Im sooooooooooooooooooo pleased for ya, damn it, its a shame u didnt have a camera, sure when I met Bono (nearly - and the story is goin up Christmas time), I didnt have a camera, but memory is also a blessing to have......and this wont ever leave u!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

WAY TO GO DISCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow! that's awesome that you got to meet the edge...cuz i had a close encounter myself..in austin! he IS a beautiful man! and he being a genius...well, that's just so damn sexy!
25296324fGAiIiZruQthumb.jpg

------------------
"life should be fragrant; rooftop to the basement". peace, U2 fans...from AdamGrrl

You go girl! you don't know me but I can say I'm happy for you! i have wanted to meet them since 1981...but they are worth the wait! rock on..and may you meet them All in Dallas! Rock on with the bEST..U2*

WAHOOOOOO!!! YAY that is sooooo awesome!! I'm happy for you!! EDGE! WOW! :eek

CONGRATS!!!!!

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Argh, boys invading PLEBA, boys invading PLEBA!!! Um yeah, this is probably my fault as I mentioned to Eliv8 in Vegas that this forum is pretty amusing and he should check it out!!
biggrin.gif

Ok back to the subject... so this is totally belated but I'm so happy for you Disco about your Edge encounter. It was great to meet you and Moonie in Vegas at the Stratosphere as well. Hi to all the PLEBA laydees I met -
wave.gif
Vegas rocked and I hope to see everyone again someday!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Congratulations to the lady who found what she was looking for! I know how much that means to you! Guess you're at the Dallas show right now, tell us about it when you get back. Cherish your Edgie moment always!

Hey Disco....it was great to meet you at LA3 and see you out back to meet Edge. I had left because Diamond offered me a ride to Phoenix but we could not find Awakening who had my luggage. Finally, we found out she was back at the arena where the band leaves. We pull up and whom do we see? Mr. The Edge! We jump out and get on line right by you. Awakening and I both got to talk to Edge, too....I had some photos printed off my computer from us onstage together and he saw it and said, "Hey, how are ya?" Then I told him that I had given him some bootlegs outside one of the NY shows and I hope he enjoyed them. He paused a bit and then made THIS face (see picture below that Awakening snapped) and remembered! He said that actually he hadn't had the chance to listen to them yet but he would....truly cool guy :) I can post my photos when I get home to a scanner.

AW45287.jpg

wow I went through a heck of a lot of trouble to find this one but here it is

4a65418.jpg

see the resemblance (spel?)? It looks he's been practicing for a while.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

OMG, THIS IS THE FUNNIEST EDGE FACE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!
biggrin.gif
WHAT a great shot!!! Do you or Awakening have any more Edge pics from that night that I could um, "borrow"? Only because I didn't take any (still kicking myself to this day about that). He looked just adorable that night, just like he does in pictures!
biggrin.gif
I loved that he was so laid back, just chatting with everyone, and he was so adorable when he took a picture with he and Jesse! (Jesse smiling ear to ear--who has that picture?!)

Sicy, I thought that LA3 was better than Vegas because it had a better set list, the energy from the boys and the audience was MUCH higher (for Edge, it probably helped that Morleigh and Sian were inside the heart! I turned my head and saw them about 10 feet away from me--little Sian was blowing her daddy kisses!!), and I just had a much better experience overall - second behind the front row inside the heart, no one pushed or jostled me at all, Edge and Bono were RIGHT THERE 5 feet away from me, AND I got an Edge pick from Dallas afterward, AND got to meet the Edge. It was truly the best of all worlds. Wish all 3 shows could have been that way!

It was SO nice to meet everyone there: mbi, Jesse, DB9, LuvLady, Ruth, Awakening...was a very cool event!!!

AW45287.jpg
[/B][/QUOTE]

BTW, thanks to Lylas (thanks Julie!) I managed to get a Dallas GA for $75...only to find out the day of the show, they were releasing face value GAs they couldn't even GIVE away (the show hadn't sold out). Wish I'd know that...oh well, 20/20 hindsight and all...

Disco

Oh hey Ruth, what did you put on that boot CD you gave Edgie, anyway??? I think you told me but heck...I can't 'member a thing lately!!

Originally posted by Sad Eyed Lady:
Hey Disco....it was great to meet you at LA3 and see you out back to meet Edge. Then I told him that I had given him some bootlegs outside one of the NY shows and I hope he enjoyed them. He paused a bit and then made THIS face (see picture below that Awakening snapped) and remembered! truly cool guy :) I can post my photos when I get home to a scanner.

Can't wait to see more of your pics!!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 11-27-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom