OMG Friday!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
0f1ec214.jpg

:drool:

14b2d575.jpg

I seriously :heart: :heart: :heart: this picture...

BabyEdge_Whiteshirt_BlackPants_Live.jpg

Yeah, I bought the Uncut and just skimmed the article last night. Like with so much stuff about U2, this article operates under the assumption that JT was only influenced by events in Bono's life. Hello, by the time the band was recording the album Edge had two children, that had to have some bearing on JT, RH and the tours for each yet that is never brought up. That's my main complaint against the film Rattle & Hum, it makes no mention at all of the band members' personal lives. I'm sure that was purposeful in that they didn't want to reveal too much or whatever, but how can you present an accurate portrayal of life on the road yet neglect to mention that one member left a wife and two small children behind? Of course my critique is completely slanted toward Edge, but the same arguments can be made on behalf of each member of the band. It certainly is important in the JT story that Bono and Ali went to Ethiopia and El Salvador together, but are we to believe that Edge and Adam and Larry were just sitting around awaiting Bono's return before doing any contemplation of their next album? Not likely. Stuff was happening for all of them personally and musically that found it's way onto JT, and each U2 album before and since, that should also be acknowledged.

*Steps off soapbox*

dsmith2904 said:
Like with so much stuff about U2, this article operates under the assumption that JT was only influenced by events in Bono's life...[snip]...Stuff was happening for all of them personally and musically that found it's way onto JT, and each U2 album before and since, that should also be acknowledged.

:shrug: That's how it always is with any band. The lead singer gets 95% of the attention and news stories, and the other members are treated as footnotes. Yes, it would be nice to see more coverage of Edge, Larry and Adam, but that's not too likely to change any time soon.

dsmith2904 said:
Yeah, I bought the Uncut and just skimmed the article last night. Like with so much stuff about U2, this article operates under the assumption that JT was only influenced by events in Bono's life. Hello, by the time the band was recording the album Edge had two children, that had to have some bearing on JT, RH and the tours for each yet that is never brought up. That's my main complaint against the film Rattle & Hum, it makes no mention at all of the band members' personal lives. I'm sure that was purposeful in that they didn't want to reveal too much or whatever, but how can you present an accurate portrayal of life on the road yet neglect to mention that one member left a wife and two small children behind? Of course my critique is completely slanted toward Edge, but the same arguments can be made on behalf of each member of the band. It certainly is important in the JT story that Bono and Ali went to Ethiopia and El Salvador together, but are we to believe that Edge and Adam and Larry were just sitting around awaiting Bono's return before doing any contemplation of their next album? Not likely. Stuff was happening for all of them personally and musically that found it's way onto JT, and each U2 album before and since, that should also be acknowledged.

*Steps off soapbox* [/B]

I noticed that about the article, but I thought nothing of it because usually its always about Bono, Bono, Bono. But oh well , what can you do about it.

Back
Top Bottom