Old???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon3

The Fly
So I went to the bookstore today to buy the latest edition of Bass Player magazine so I could read about Adam. As the cashier rung up the magazine and put it in a bag, he says "God, U2 is old! " I just kinda stood there. Then he goes on to say "I mean, they've been around for so long. They're getting up there. Atleast they're still putting stuff out."

Man, I had to contain myself. Then I chuckle to myself on the way out to my car, because I knew I would make a post about this experience on PLEBA.

Anyway, to make up for it, how about we see some pics of the boys in there "old" age. All I have to say is that they're like fine wine...

k4z85c.jpg

old? Pfft!

k4z8ck.jpg

:heart:

His statement "God, U2 is old" is just his mis-conception of what old is. One definition of Old is "worn down by age".
This absolutely doesn't apply to U2. In all actuality they are a lot younger than a great deal of artist/musicians who are in the 25 to 40 age group simply because they haven't subscribed to the drug and debauchery and the typical excesses of some rock star's lifestyle.
The difference is U2 still rocks and they look phenomenal. and they don't have to be 20 or 30 something to still be adored by the masses. Their age isn't making them any less popular or less relevant. U2 are ageless.. and to those that U2's "age" is a factor of liking them or not, well that doesn't make a difference over all either. :wink:

i would have reached over.. picked up the cash register and bashed it into his freekin head. muahahahahahahah! lol

ok... nevermind. *hides*

:p

Ageless, just like Bowie.

And all my mates tell me I'm sick because I love a band so "old". Well, they don't care that I like the music. They just think it's weird for a fourteen year old to think four men in their forties are sexy.

Fuckers. It drives me so insane, you know. As it would anyone. So what? Age is only a number. And do they actually look that age? Can't they just accept that I love them? Eurgh, it pisses me off SO MUCH! I better stop before I get into rant mode. AH SCREW IT! People are only as old as they feel, and you see Bono sometimes; he still acts like a little kid!

And what else annoys me? They call U2 old, but oh, the Beatles are AWESOME! They started before U2, but hey, they ain't old. And I get more shit when I say that the Beatles are over-rated. To me, they are. Only together seven years, in the sixties, but they aren't "old". Well, I suppose they don't find them sexy... but still, you get my meaning. U2 are a million times better than the Beatles, to me.

Last edited:
OLD??? :eyebrow:
you should've told that dude The devil iss old! (that's a dutch thing... )
pwhegh! or show then our "is it just me or do a lot of people think Bono looks better when he gets older" thread.... I mean, LOOK AT HIM FOR GODS SAKE!!!!
I know he's nearly err, three times my age.... but still... it's *him* :drool:
and he is a big child sometimes! :D but that's just cute
my friends think I'm insane for loving a 29yo older man.. but I don't care about it... Age is just a number, it's nothing! the only different between a young person and an elder is the way of thinking, and the life experience... but that's not a good reason for destroying anything inbetween! what IF you'd meet the man iof your life, and you just had a great dinner or whatever with him, and you really really love him... and it turns out he's 20 years older than you.... are you going to break up with him?
I'm so sure that parents would not accept it.... but why? why is it disgusting when older men have young women, and it's a new phenomena when yucky old ladies date 'toy-boys'... there's something not right here.... :eyebrow:

did anyone know that Donald Trump's wife is 29 years younger than him btw?... so it IS possible ... hello there Bono :wink:

Hmph. My 72 year old neighbor went to see U2 in NY but before she left she got her ear pierced for the eighth time. AND her boyfriend is 46! (That's a bit old to qualify as a 'toy boy' isn't it? Not to her, I suppose.) Point being, she looks fabulous, she's having a good time, and old really doesn't mean one damn thing. So to the clerk I say, "U2 is old? Well, you're stupid."

Bono Mot said:
Hmph. My 72 year old neighbor went to see U2 in NY but before she left she got her ear pierced for the eighth time. AND her boyfriend is 46! (That's a bit old to qualify as a 'toy boy' isn't it? Not to her, I suppose.) Point being, she looks fabulous, she's having a good time, and old really doesn't mean one damn thing. So to the clerk I say, "U2 is old? Well, you're stupid."

toy-boy is usually the term used when a man is more thabn 10 years younger...
and they differ 26 years... well, that's close to 29 :wink: yay one more example I can use for my defense!

SimplyConfused said:
Close to 31 too!! Heh heh. But we all love Ali, don't we? Too much to make her feel pain. But what she doesn't know can't hurt her. Heh heh... kiddin', obviously... *cough*
agreed... won't ever wanna hurt them both! nor the kids anywayz.. and there ain't a way they're breaking up soon, and I don't want them too either! they're a perfect couple! But I can dream right?? nothing wrong with *innocent* dreams right? :drool:

well, I kinda never dreamed about him nor the other guys btw... ok once last week or so Bono guest starred in a dream, but it was weird and I can't remember it!!! I really should write these things down! ><
hmm yeah Ali's pretty mysterious, heh and mysteriously pretty too ^^
they're both beautiful people, with a big heart, and they love each other till the end... what can be better than that? :love:

I've had a dream about getting married to him... And he had a Dutch following and they stalked him and were trying to take him away. I was in a Tim Burton/Corpse Bride-esque house and B was getting ready upstairs for our wedding. And there was a huge Dutch crowd outside yelling "We want out Bono!" Hahahahaha. I bet you were in that crowd, GG.

SimplyConfused said:
I've had a dream about getting married to him... And he had a Dutch following and they stalked him and were trying to take him away. I was in a Tim Burton/Corpse Bride-esque house and B was getting ready upstairs for our wedding. And there was a huge Dutch crowd outside yelling "We want out Bono!" Hahahahaha. I bet you were in that crowd, GG.
I WAS that crowd! me and my other personalities actually.. :cool:
and yes I want Bono... badly,... :drool:

SimplyConfused said:
Lmao. I'm still a bit shook up from that article you just posted. IT CAN'T BE TRUE!! They won't have a home if they quit. Live is where they live. God damn it.

relax, it's taen out of context.,... I am convincing myself that Edge meant the vertigo tour... check the RS article I linked to... (thanks to othe PLEBAn in the news section who posted it)
ok how about some nice Bono pics to cheer you up???
what pics do you prefer :D you ask, I post :D

U2 old!?! I suppose to most, who are in the early 20s and under, consider people who are in their 40s, old. But for an employee in a shop, where your spending your hard earned cash, to make such a comment is a bit off isn't it!?! I would have told the person how dare he/she be so impertinente to paying customers and that she/he'd do well to keep such comments to themselfs in future!! :madspit:

spin20041210-1.jpg

U2 are not old (I'm one whole year younger than Larry) but mature sexy men. :drool:

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:

relax, it's taen out of context.,... I am convincing myself that Edge meant the vertigo tour... check the RS article I linked to... (thanks to othe PLEBAn in the news section who posted it)
ok how about some nice Bono pics to cheer you up???
what pics do you prefer :D you ask, I post :D

Anything U2!!!

hcbiggs2002 said:
U2 old!?! I suppose to most, who are in the early 20s and under, consider people who are in their 40s, old. But for an employee in a shop, where your spending your hard earned cash, to make such a comment is a bit off isn't it!?! I would have told the person how dare he/she be so impertinente to paying customers and that she/he'd do well to keep such comments to themselfs in future!! :madspit:

spin20041210-1.jpg

U2 are not old (I'm one whole year younger than Larry) but mature sexy men. :drool:

I'm 14! And I'm sick of people telling me they're old. To me, old is when you start acting old. And as I mentioned earlier, Bono acts like a [cute] lil kid. And they are DAMN SEXEH! All four.

SimplyConfused said:

I'm 14! And I'm sick of people telling me they're old. To me, old is when you start acting old. And as I mentioned earlier, Bono acts like a [cute] lil kid. And they are DAMN SEXEH! All four.

I said most, not all. I remember when I was your age and I thought people in there 40s were old. But take no notice of what other people say!
U2 look and sound better than most bands who are in their 30s! And also most people don't know that U2 started the band when they were only 15/16 years old, so when they hear that they've been together for 30 years, they obviously assume U2 to be much older than what they are!?!

:shrug:

SimplyConfused said:
Ageless, just like Bowie.

And all my mates tell me I'm sick because I love a band so "old". Well, they don't care that I like the music. They just think it's weird for a fourteen year old to think four men in their forties are sexy.

Fuckers. It drives me so insane, you know. As it would anyone. So what? Age is only a number. And do they actually look that age? Can't they just accept that I love them? Eurgh, it pisses me off SO MUCH! I better stop before I get into rant mode. AH SCREW IT! People are only as old as they feel, and you see Bono sometimes; he still acts like a little kid!

And what else annoys me? They call U2 old, but oh, the Beatles are AWESOME! They started before U2, but hey, they ain't old. And I get more shit when I say that the Beatles are over-rated. To me, they are. Only together seven years, in the sixties, but they aren't "old". Well, I suppose they don't find them sexy... but still, you get my meaning. U2 are a million times better than the Beatles, to me.

Same with me!! My friends think I am so perverted for liking someone who is uhh...let me see...28 years old than I am. But what the heck, Bono is SO much hotter and more intelligent and charismatic, etc. than many people younger than him. I don't understand why so many people worry about age, there are very few guys in my grade that I would even consider dating because most of them are extremely immature and rude, I just can't stand it. Hence the reason I guess I tend to like the older men.:wink:

well Bono himself said he likes to hang out with older people himself, because they have more to offer him(in intellectual terms!) ^^
and you are old when you feel old... I mean, no offense to any RS fans, but Mick Jagger is old... he hasn't been taking good care of his body, and look how skinny and scary he looks now!
U2 old? don't make me laugh! they make me drool more like :D
bandhtdaabpromo8wu.jpg

I get this all the time from my friends too. "U2, what are they like, 80?" and I know that I'm experiencing much better music than they probably ever will...:shrug: plus our boys are much sexier than most of the bands that they listen to. :D

U2 being old :drool:
with age comes wisdom, and with U2, the wisdom comes with much more beautiful music.

I don't care much if people say that U2 is old, my comeback to them is usually "they have more money then you and women/men younger than you loving them, so tell me, what's your success story again?"

hcbiggs2002 said:

whenever I see this picture, I always think that Bono is trying to act like a 'gangsturr' :cute:
I can imagine him saying, "YO DAWG, you wanna mess?!"..

haha

youtooellen said:
U2 being old :drool:
with age comes wisdom, and with U2, the wisdom comes with much more beautiful music.

I don't care much if people say that U2 is old, my comeback to them is usually "they have more money then you and women/men younger than you loving them, so tell me, what's your success story again?"

Good one. I'm gonna use that next time someone says that to me.

Back
Top Bottom