Old???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It makes me very mad that they get called old when bands 10 years older don't! They seem like they've been around forever because they started so young. As much as I love them though I have to admit that if an innocent bystander saw just Adam alone, they'd probably think he looked old :reject: he seriously needs to grow and dye the hair, IMO. I know a lot of you love the 'silver fox' look but it does make him look older than the other guys :uhoh:

Blond hair a little longer would take 10 years off his face. And if he'd go for the lumberjack look or the fro again, you'd get me to join the Sparkyholics club :drool:

Last edited:
^ yeah agree with U2Kitten

the silver hair on Adam is pretty cool, but his hair in ATYCLB was great too :up:

I think if he stuck with darker hair or his blonde hair, it would easily make him look younger than Larry. :yes:

to be honest though, I think in the whole band, Edge looks the youngest. :drool:

old is in your attitude, it's all in your mind.

I know some people who are in their 20s and are "old", and I know some "old farts" that have more life and energy in them then a 16 year old.
My honest opinion, just as it says in the song "time won't take the boy out of this man".. Bono will always just be a boy, he'll never grow up, and certainly never grow old.

(Hey Bono!! wanna play tag? you're it!!!............... )

Just to reinforce my opinion here: It's not just me then who thinks that Bono just keeps on gettin better n better n hotter n sexier as he ages!! I seriously can't wait to see what the future holds for this man. I'd LOVE to see him at 60... I bet he'd be HOTTER, if that's even possible!! :drool:

*grin*

thankyou said:
old is in your attitude, it's all in your mind.

I know some people who are in their 20s and are "old", and I know some "old farts" that have more life and energy in them then a 16 year old.

I agree with that! As an "old fart" (I'm 12 years older than Bono and 12 years older than MrPurrl), I think I can safely say that once you realize that every day is a gift and a miracle, it makes living each day to its fullest a whole lot easier.

If this is "old", y'all have a lot to look forward to!

LarryBoston1205.jpg

EdgeChicago9-20.jpg

BonoAdamBoston.jpg

I guess I'm lucky in that thing....myself + my friends are all around 30...so what I usually hear is...

"ohh--Older Men....:drool: :drool: :drool: "

SimplyConfused said:

True, too true. But I'd alter that and say "If U2 are old and creepy, then I like my men old and creepy." Eh eh eh eh eh...
:lmao: oh yeah, agreed on that!
but I still don't think they look old... okay they all have their bad moments... and I can still remember a pic of Bono, I thought from NY or so, without shades, and he hadn't slept properly in a few days or so... and he looked.. well... not so good.. but then, I didn't feel like 'oh gosh, he's soo old!'.. more I felt sorry for him, and I wanted him to get some sleep and get healthy again! and ofcourse I wanted him to get :drool: hot :drool: again...
oh and by the way, show me a man of their ages with Bodies like them! I mean my father is a big fat man compared to them and he's the age of B's brother... well, my dad isn't fat, but he has a beer belly and moobs... and well, Bono.. does have a very very nice chest.. example.. former avatar, vertigo video shoot... I found out where in the vid they showed that moment btw!!!! I saw vertigo on mtv yesterday, and was like, OMG that's it! his shirt is most def open there!! it's somewhere in the end.. after the No-one gets hurt.. I don't remember exactly.. but gives you a good excuse to watch it again eh :wink:

Galeongirl said:

:lmao: oh yeah, agreed on that!
but I still don't think they look old... okay they all have their bad moments... and I can still remember a pic of Bono, I thought from NY or so, without shades, and he hadn't slept properly in a few days or so... and he looked.. well... not so good.. but then, I didn't feel like 'oh gosh, he's soo old!'.. more I felt sorry for him, and I wanted him to get some sleep and get healthy again! and ofcourse I wanted him to get :drool: hot :drool: again...
oh and by the way, show me a man of their ages with Bodies like them! I mean my father is a big fat man compared to them and he's the age of B's brother... well, my dad isn't fat, but he has a beer belly and moobs... and well, Bono.. does have a very very nice chest.. example.. former avatar, vertigo video shoot... I found out where in the vid they showed that moment btw!!!! I saw vertigo on mtv yesterday, and was like, OMG that's it! his shirt is most def open there!! it's somewhere in the end.. after the No-one gets hurt.. I don't remember exactly.. but gives you a good excuse to watch it again eh :wink:

Aww, if he hadn't had sleep in a while, I'd let him have some sleep. Not that he'd get much sleep. You're right, I'm a big fat PERV. 'Eh 'eh 'eh 'eh. And I DO love that Vertigo shot of his chest. Vertigo and Where The Streets Have No Name are two of my favourite videos, because of the chestness. Alongside Last Night On Earth because I just think that video is damn hilarious.

SimplyConfused said:

Aww, if he hadn't had sleep in a while, I'd let him have some sleep. Not that he'd get much sleep. You're right, I'm a big fat PERV. 'Eh 'eh 'eh 'eh. And I DO love that Vertigo shot of his chest. Vertigo and Where The Streets Have No Name are two of my favourite videos, because of the chestness. Alongside Last Night On Earth because I just think that video is damn hilarious.

oh mine is Beautiful day,.. it's my fave song... and .. Bono in leather pants.. what more can a woman ask?? (that'd be the reason my 2nd fave vid is the fly... sadly I don't have both on my pc... anyone willing to trade vids??? )
and would you seriously, if Bono called at your door, asking if he could take a rest for just an hour or so.. do the pervy thing you want to do?? I mean, I think I wouldn't... poor Bman... I'd just make sure he gets something to drink,.. and ofcourse he can use my bed... and make sure he's comfy.. and has enough blankets(read, he won't need any since he is a heater!) that kinda stuff... I think I would let him sleep... but after he slept.. oh that's a different story! :drool: (is it weird that I'd like to observe him while he sleeps btw?)

Its funny this thread should arise cos I think they've got more respect than ever now both in the public and the media. I don't hear their ages mentioned a lot and anyway they are at the peak of their powers with plenty of great music and tours in them, if they choose to.

Look at David Bowie, what is he 58? And he commands massive respect and no-one tells him to quit. Thats the way I see U2 going.

Ha. When people say 'but they're old enough to be your dad' I point out that actually my dad's 61 and therefore they are nowhere near old enough to be my dad. ;)

I think it's a bit hilarious actually, 'cause my mum and dad also think they (the boys) look old. The funny part being that both of my parents are five years older than Bono. I've always liked older men, my last boyfriend was 17 years older than me. Besides, when the older men looks like this, then I think the best we can do is to gather around and :drool:

JezSnape said:
I think it's a bit hilarious actually, 'cause my mum and dad also think they (the boys) look old. The funny part being that both of my parents are five years older than Bono. I've always liked older men, my last boyfriend was 17 years older than me. Besides, when the older men looks like this, then I think the best we can do is to gather around and :drool:
dito that,... my dad is 7 years older than Bono and my mom 5.. so what are they talkin bout old? :D and my mom thinks Bono's a creep... my only reply: Ever looked in the mirror?
she didn't like me saying that... oh well.. her problem! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom